FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing of McAllister

Guest TinCanFan

I'm sure some of these "fans" are members on here.  So, come on, stick up for yourselves or are you big boys running scared?

I am one of these "pigs" :011:

And I ain't running scared :sillywave:

I joined in with the "You're sh1t, argh!"  towards Fraser for 3 reasons:

1. His previous kick was absolute gash 

2. He flicked the V's!

3. It is actually quite funny (clearly not aggressive/serious but still gets the point across)

Well done. I joined in the "you're sh1t" chant for the same reasons, but mainly for the "V flicking" incident.

There's a load of nonsense being written on here.

Football is pantomime.

Of course you can boo. Fraser became a villain and Rory is the nearest thing to a Pantomime Dame we will ever have!

As I've said before - I believe that many of you selfrighteous people have booed the entire team off the pitch before, so get a grip.

And, if you really are fans of Fraser (and why not - many of us resent bringing a talentless keeper from Poland into the squad while there are plenty of talentless local lads willing to let us down) remember that, had his little incident been noted and reported by the Officials we would be forced to play Zibi for the next couple of weeks.

His behaviour was idiotic, immature and irresponsible. Without doubt.

So if thats your attitude towards ICT why did you bother going to the game ??? if you want Pantomime then i suggest you go to Eden court theirs runs till January

ICT dont need Idiots for "fans" & as for Michaels reaction to the taunting you could hardly blame the lad

GIVE HIM A BREAK &  if you cant support him & the rest of the team then dont bother attending !!!!!!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rory is utterly sh1t and shouldn't be anywhere near our first team....

You're just as bad as the feckin boo boys with a comment like that - and you're a feckin moderator..!!

God o' feckin Mighty....

I'm with Yngwie on this one. I don't rate Rory at all and I fail to see why Yngwie shouldn't be able to see what he thinks because he is a moderator.

Yngwie obviously suffers from having an extremely limited vocabulary, Rig....

Would you describe young Rory as sh1te...?

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

The main reason rory is doing badly is because he never got the backing of the fans. How can a player be expected to perform on the pitch when he is abused during his WARM UP!!! :018: It was too harsh. The person beside me said that i hope he comes on an scores :clapping03:. Its just not right. Although i agree that Rory should go out on loan to a first division team and get the experience and prove himself because he is not going to get a regular chance here. Just look at Gary Wood at the moment.

Guest ICT CGS

Brew Army,i pointed out the fact that we go to away games to try and prove i am not an old firm fan,nothing more. As said before,we pay our money,we're entitled to our own opinion.

The chant about Fraser was a joke,we know Ikey is far better than Zibi,but he does need to work on his kicking! It was a joke done by the majority once,and i know the one person you're on about that carried on,he was told to shut up by us,then another fan in front of him told as well. I agree that that was daft.

As for Rory,hes not first team standard and should be loaned out in the hope that he may improve! Its Rorys attitude more than anything that does get him "booed" he never looks interested,against Rangers first game of the season is a good example of this!

He was out of his depth in that game.

It is still the wrong thing to do.  To ridicule hime when warming up is just sad.  I have seen the same guy laughed at when shooting during the half time warm ups.  Give the guy a break, if he is not good enough thats tough, but he does not deserve to be ridiculed before even taking to the field, what reaction would he get if he proceeded to score a hat-trick?

Malpas was in the paper the other week stating how difficult it was to break into the under 21 squad. McAllister has been capped at under 19, under 20 (scored at that level) and indeed under 21 level this season. Different managers have picked him for club and country. They would not do that if they thought he was effing hopeless.  The problem he has in the first team would appear to be one of confidence. Booing kids is mental. It is not unique. Aberdeen fans gave Ricky Foster a horrendous time when he was Rory's age but he ended up turning it round and was one of their better players last season. Who knows if Rory will turn it round also but if he does not and it is Gary Wood's turn next season will he suffer the same fate after a few bad games? These boys have got to be encouraged. 

Malpas was in the paper the other week stating how difficult it was to break into the under 21 squad. McAllister has been capped at under 19, under 20 (scored at that level) and indeed under 21 level this season. Different managers have picked him for club and country. They would not do that if they thought he was effing hopeless.  The problem he has in the first team would appear to be one of confidence. Booing kids is mental. It is not unique. Aberdeen fans gave Ricky Foster a horrendous time when he was Rory's age but he ended up turning it round and was one of their better players last season. Who knows if Rory will turn it round also but if he does not and it is Gary Wood's turn next season will he suffer the same fate after a few bad games? These boys have got to be encouraged. 

:024: maybe booing and giving players a hard time works in encouraging them to improve their attitude.

Guest WynessLegend

I'm sure some of these "fans" are members on here.  So, come on, stick up for yourselves or are you big boys running scared?

I am one of these "pigs" :011:

And I ain't running scared :sillywave:

I joined in with the "You're sh1t, argh!"  towards Fraser for 3 reasons:

1. His previous kick was absolute gash 

2. He flicked the V's!

3. It is actually quite funny (clearly not aggressive/serious but still gets the point across)

Well done. I joined in the "you're sh1t" chant for the same reasons, but mainly for the "V flicking" incident.

There's a load of nonsense being written on here.

Football is pantomime.

Of course you can boo. Fraser became a villain and Rory is the nearest thing to a Pantomime Dame we will ever have!

As I've said before - I believe that many of you selfrighteous people have booed the entire team off the pitch before, so get a grip.

And, if you really are fans of Fraser (and why not - many of us resent bringing a talentless keeper from Poland into the squad while there are plenty of talentless local lads willing to let us down) remember that, had his little incident been noted and reported by the Officials we would be forced to play Zibi for the next couple of weeks.

His behaviour was idiotic, immature and irresponsible. Without doubt.

So if thats your attitude towards ICT why did you bother going to the game ??? if you want Pantomime then i suggest you go to Eden court theirs runs till January

ICT dont need Idiots for "fans" & as for Michaels reaction to the taunting you could hardly blame the lad

GIVE HIM A BREAK &  if you cant support him & the rest of the team then dont bother attending !!!!!!!

Because, no matter how poor Michael Fraser is he will always be more entertaining than Tich mcCooey.

You going to "ban" all the supporters who booed the Team off the pitch against Motherwell too? You must love the wide open spaces.

You going to "ban" all the supporters who booed the Team off the pitch against Motherwell too?

People do have the right to express an opinion, but to boo a player before he's had any involvement in the game is hardly justified on that day. The team was booed off against Motherwell by fans disappointed with the performance, the entire team weren't booed onto the field yesterday because of the performance 2 weeks ago.

Is Rory up to SPL standard? Right now, I'd agree with those who say he's not at the moment but he's going to be around the squad because he is one of the few U21 players who have any 1st team experience, and although he would no doubt benefit from going on loan to County, Elgin, Peterhead or another lower division side to get some first team experience with less pressure on him it won't happen because of the U21 rule. He came back yesterday after a while out injured and before he even had the chance to get involved in the game he's got people on his back. That seriously can't be helping the guy's confidence

:024: maybe booing and giving players a hard time works in encouraging them to improve their attitude.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Rory's attitude....

I believe there could very well be an issue with his confidence.... If that is the case, is booing likely to help him....?

I don't think there's anything wrong with Rory's attitude....

I believe there could very well be an issue with his confidence.... If that is the case, is booing likely to help him....?

Confidence, attitude they are both just states of mind and if his mind is not strong enough to blank out supporters who are channeling their anger in the wrong direction should he not be looking at a change of career?

My point really is that the booing might just encourage him to use the skills he is rumoured to possess to shut the doubters up. If not he is going to have a hard and disappointing time in his chosen trade.

Rory has made less than ten starts for us, he is 20 years old.  Booing him when he COMES ON as a sub is unforgivable.  The same people who behave like 13 year old Westlife fans when Dean McDonald / Liam Keogh warms up no doubt  :rolleyes02:

Having said that I remember Barry Robson being consistently slated when he played for us by some of the intellectuals on the terracing so it's no surprise.

JB,

You really have to cut some people some slack.

Those that have not yet shaved the sharp edges from their immaturity gene do two things:

Eschew rainbow thinking in favour of monochrome.

Compound it by lack of humour and offence in variable measure.

That?s why you get appraisals like ?sh1t? and ?utterly useless? on here.

The authors of these epithets are entitled to their say, what they have to realise is that they allow others to form a certain impression of them.

There is absolutely no difference whatever in criticism, be it verbalising or the written word.

In some ways I would venture that it is worse to sit at a keyboard and consciously criticise in a way that you wouldn?t if you had the player standing in front of you.

To all those who abuse our own I ask:

If your Mammy knew you get up to such nonsense, do you think she would allow you out?

And then again some people's mammys should have considered the alternatives to pregnancy before bringing yet another unwanted child into this big bad sweary world  :017:

Had I been at the game and sitting around the perpetrators I'd not hesitate tin pointing them out to the relevant authority.

so its a arrestable offence now is it? :rotflmao:

mind you knowing the stewards at the game ,breathings a arrestable offence :017:

Who said anything about arrest. But now that you mention it. Chants such as those I've been told about would get me, and a lot of the people who enjoy watching ICT, very angry so could easily be construed as inciting others and breaking the peace.

Just to stand up for the club/stewards a little bit here.

Had this happened earlier in the season then these lads may very well have suffered Steward intervention, but the club appear to be trying to adopt a more sensible approach to the Stewarding in the last few games and that is to be welcomed.

I am also of the opinion that although the majority of those in that area yesterday may well be long standing fans/season ticket holders, there are definitely new faces among them who seem more intent on trying to provoke a reaction than watching the game and they are dragging some of the others down with them.

I'm no stranger to the dangers of Peer Pressure, and I learned the hard way that the phrase "Fly with the Crows, get Shot with the Crows" is a warning well worth paying attention too.

The treatment of Rory/Mike yesterday needs to be end, regardless of the reasons.  The culprits may not want to listen to the views of the fans on this matter...that is their choice...but we are not so stupid as to think that your actions will have no impact on us if the club ramp up the strictness of Stewards again and we will not allow that to happen.  Better a "friendly" word in your ear from one of your own than finding yourself on the receiving end of the Stewards/Clubs actions....and it will happen, regardless of how ridiculous you think it may be to treat you like that.

I booed the entre team off against Motherwell as they all deserved it.  During the game I did my best to support them at all times, although in that game it was bl**dy hard.  However I would never boo a player onto or off the park.  If he has been rubbish I will just no applud him when he leaved the pitch, that is my form of "protest".  Rory is tosh and is not good enough for us but when he comes on I will always give him support.

I would be tempted to boo the decision to bring on McAllister BUT that would be misinterpreted as me booing the player so it will never happen.