FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Latest moves courtesy of Highland News

Alex MacLeod

Ban blow as Phil comes in

By Paul Chalk

Published:  05 January, 2008

CALEY Thistle's expected "new signing", Phil McGuire, will miss his first three matches ? due to a shock SPL ban.

The defender, who has spent recent months on loan at ICT, has exceeded the points tally and league beaks ruled him out of action ? starting from Saturday's SPL game against Gretna ? if the deal goes through.

Director of football Graeme Bennett was speaking to McGuire's club, Dunfermline, as we went to press yesterday.

Brewster said: "Phil has built up a great relationship with Grant Munro and he's been solid. I can see that he's enjoyed his football at Inverness. With (housemate) David Proctor looking after him, he's doing alright!"

With weeks of transfer activity already under way, Brewster has faith that he'll be backed by the club.

He added: "The chairman and director of football will back me with whoever I look to bring in this month."

Meanwhile, Scotland under-21 striker Rory McAllister is going on loan for a month to Peterhead, who are bossed by Steve Paterson.

Goalkeeper Ally Ridgers is returning to Elgin City and Garry Wood will stay at Montrose until the end of the season.

Attacker Zander Sutherland will remain at third division side, Elgin City, also until May.

The 20-year-old has fared well at Borough Briggs and Brewster reckons he'll be a better player for the further chance of first-team action there.

Brewster also ruled out the departure of Graham Bayne.

Speculation linking him to Coca-Cola League One side Nottingham Forest, or anywhere, was dismissed by Brewster.

The Caley Thistle manager also insists Finnish attacking midfielder, Markus Paatelainen, has a future at Inverness after not long returning from injury.

sports@highland-news.co.uk

Guest TinCanFan

So is Ridgers still out on loan or is he now a complete Elgin player?  And I never heard about the Bayne transfer rumours.

We've turned down St Mirrens bid for Rankin. Aso Brew wants Hart to stay.
doesnt mean they,ll not ocme in with another,i would be very suprised if rankin was here at end of jan,a st midden fan reckons he,ll be gone to them next week,brew want to keep hart over rankin :017:

Two points Marty.

1. Rankin wants away

2. Hart is cover for right mid, Rankin fairs better on left.

Hart is not being prefered over Rankin. Brew would like to keep them both but Rankin wants to move back to central belt and was told he could go if right offer came in. His reasons for wanting a move are, I believe, personal and not entirely football related

Certainly Fraser doesn't want him to go but in The Sun (lol) Brewster was exactly reassuring in his desire to keep Rankin with that fantastic clich? "who knows what can happen in football" and "if we were to let him go it would need to be a significant offer"* thus basically saying we probably we would sell him so long as the offer is right for us.

*roughly

Iwould kike to see more of Markus Paatelainen in action, thought he looked good in attack and defence also very fast and a good header

overall a :022:

Iwould kike to see more of Markus Paatelainen in action, thought he looked good in attack and defence also very fast and a good header

overall a :022:

Would agree it's pleasing to see such quality coming off the bench, I thought Markus played really well, far better than I recall him playing prior to injury,I would like to see the same quality again against a larger club as he made it look too easy playing Gretna