FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are You Still Behind Brewster?

RiG

Are You Still Behind Craig Brewster Being Manager of ICT?  

416 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I know we have a wealth of Brewster threads but I wanted to see just how many posters on here are or aren't behind Craig Brewster as manager of ICT.

Don't need to go into any kind of heated or in depth discussion as this is being covered on threads elsewhere but a simple yes or no in this poll might show just what the fans (on this site at least) are feeling given the current state of affairs.

[li]You will need to vote before you see the results of the poll.
    [/li]
    [li]You can change your vote if you wish.[/li]

Happy voting!  :003:

Guest Aboynamedsue

I was one who was happy to see his return after the bad start to the season

But now after weeks of dismal results & clear evidence of an unhappy squad

The loss of Rankin , treatment of Wyness & now all whats going on with Ian Black

TIME TO GO BREW  :sillywave:

I was behing him at the start, and very much so when we had a decent run in Nov/Dec... but his antics off the park are clearly affecting performances on it. :sillywave:

Unfortunately Brew seems to have adopted a Graeme Souness style of mangement, and is having about as much success with it as he did.

I would love to see him turn ICT's fortunes around, but I can't see it happening now....

So.... Put me down for "not sure"   :024:

I wasn't happy when he came back, as I thought a lot of his previous success had come from his goals. No-one could fault him as a player. But I think our good spell post-CC was just a new manager honeymoon period, and now we need a quickie divorce.

The problem is, as many have said, that there's isn't going to be a queue to replace him. And what sort of squad is going to be left for them?

I was and still am prepared to give him until the end of the season, but recent events are showing his managerial inadequacies up and it looks as though he has reached his limits as a manager at the moment.  Is his ego the problem?  He seems to want to shift the blame for his inability  on to everyone else but himself.  Time for a something completely different methinks. :020: :33:

Yup Elder Boy I have and as i said I think he should stay but with the appropriate equipment, eg parky at the helm or someone who will stand up for himself, perhaps blackie, he might be looking to change his career. he is certainly passionate and can stand up and be counted.

I was not for Brewster returning, but not vehemently against.  I feel that less than a full season is insufficient time for any manager to make his mark.  I feel too many posters on this forum are automatically  taking the players side, in every issue, without knowing all the facts.  There are clearly off the field problems at ICT, but are they Brewster's doing?  I think not.  For me, if he continues to blood more of our successful youngsters from the reserve team for the rest of the season and then brings in two or three new players in the summer if necessary, then I'd be prepared to let him have another season.  With the demise of Barry and Denzil, both of whom are past their best, and maybe another one or two to follow ( Roscoe/ Granty ??) it is clear that whoever manages ICT has a pretty big rebuilding job on their hands.  I suspect this will take some time, and I fear next season may be another struggle to stay in SPL

I've voted NO.

I always support whoever is in the hotseat but I just don't have confidence in his ability to do the job. Obviously he has had to contend with the break-up of what was a solid and successful team but I just dont feel he is the man to rebuild. The constant falling outs with half the squad cannot be doing his reputation much good. Would you want to sign for him?

I was not for Brewster returning, but not vehemently against.  I feel that less than a full season is insufficient time for any manager to make his mark.  I feel too many posters on this forum are automatically  taking the players side, in every issue, without knowing all the facts.  There are clearly off the field problems at ICT, but are they Brewster's doing?  I think not.  For me, if he continues to blood more of our successful youngsters from the reserve team for the rest of the season and then brings in two or three new players in the summer if necessary, then I'd be prepared to let him have another season.  With the demise of Barry and Denzil, both of whom are past their best, and maybe another one or two to follow ( Roscoe/ Granty ??) it is clear that whoever manages ICT has a pretty big rebuilding job on their hands.  I suspect this will take some time, and I fear next season may be another struggle to stay in SPL

Good, sensible post mun...

There are a lot of players not doing the business at the moment and its the managers job to weed them out, he will cause unrest by doing this and i agreee that he needs time and new players.

Keep Brew for the time being andd give the team 100% support, starting tomorrow!!!

...the demise of Barry and Denzil, both of whom are past their best...

Had to pick up on this and must point out that when we were on our good run Wyness was an integral part of the team.

Guest CaleyJaggy

Tbh it's a hard one, I am a marginal Yes in that Brew is the manager and I support him in that endevour.  But something is going wrong and I'd like to see Team ICT pull together and sort this out.  Onwards and (fingers crossed) upwards.

...the demise of Barry and Denzil, both of whom are past their best...

Had to pick up on this and must point out that when we were on our good run Wyness was an integral part of the team.

If you mean by our good run when we won 6 out of 7 at the end of 2007, Wyness started only 2 of these games and made a late 10 min period as sub in one other.  Hardly integral, by anyone's standards.  Imo, he has not been the same since his shoulder injury, and although it saddens me to say it, I fear I'm right and that we've seen the best of him

Guest neksor

No.

I wasn't confident when he returned but was pleasantly surprised by the results. Alas, it did not last and he seems to have us in the hole that he had the Arabs in!

There  appears to be much infighting and bitching amongst the players and Brew is not leading or directing them as he should be.

We certainly need a change before next season

neksor

If you mean by our good run when we won 6 out of 7 at the end of 2007, Wyness started only 2 of these games and made a late 10 min period as sub in one other.  Hardly integral, by anyone's standards.  Imo, he has not been the same since his shoulder injury, and although it saddens me to say it, I fear I'm right and that we've seen the best of him

Really? I was sure he played more than that. Scored about 7 goals in 9 games or something? I'll need to have a look at that one. He seems to me to be one of these players that needs a really good run in the team to get going. None of these fleeting appearences that he is getting recently.

Just had a look at the BBC site and I think I am thinking of the time around September/October when Wyness was in amongst the goals and playing regularly. That wasn't our best period of the season but we had some good results in there as well.

Despite starting the original thread on this subject I would genuinely like Craig Brewster to be a success as ICT manager as a successful manager means a successful team.

However, all the signs, including his disasterous stewardship at Tannadice, indicate that he is a very poor manager indeed. I believe that if he's still at the TCS this time next season we  will be heading for the first division. For that reason, I have voted no.

Despite starting the original thread on this subject I would genuinely like Craig Brewster to be a success as ICT manager as a successful manager means a successful team.

However, all the signs, including his disasterous stewardship at Tannadice, indicate that he is a very poor manager indeed. I believe that if he's still at the TCS this time next season we  will be heading for the first division. For that reason, I have voted no.

i pretty much share the same views. I would be delighted if Brewster could arrest the current dip/trough/chasm in form and resolve the back room issues without any casualties however i cannot see it. i have been puzzled by some very puzzling tactical decisions over the last few games and i have been becoming increasingly worried with the shambolic treatment firstly of Rankin, then Wyness and now Munro and Black. I fear his managerial inexperience is beginning to show and unfortunately for everyone concerned it has resulted in a very poor run of form and back room issues. For that reason i have voted no

It would appear that Brew has made a number of errors due to his management style.

He has lost the players.

How can this be reversed?

Change Brew or change the team!

The latter is already happening and I only hope it is not too late to salvage something from the remaining players - FOR A NEW MANAGER - as Brew will not change and has to go!

We are still an SPL team and managers will come begging for the post.