FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are You Still Behind Brewster?

RiG

Are You Still Behind Craig Brewster Being Manager of ICT?  

416 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Is Brewster a bad manager?  I couldn't answer that question because I don't think he is being allowed a free hand to manage the team.  If I am right in that regard then that makes him weak and/or shows that he places his salary above his reputation which is being torn to shreds at the moment.

Either way, it's not in the best interests of the club, but sacking Brewster or seeing him resign will not help as the same people who employed him will simply employ another yes man.

Alan Savage already has Robbo on the books....the only question in my mind is who will crack first?  Will the club look to make him the scapegoat to save face on their part or will Brewster get in first and resign?

"Is Brewster a bad manager?"

In a word, yes !

Never liked his style of play when he was here first time - punt the ball up to me guys.

Wasn't concerned when he left, in fact I was delighted we were getting so much money for him and the hanger-ons.

I was concerned though that he would buy our best players - he bought Proctor - a constant sub for us.

Then was amazed we took him back after his DU record. Still don't like his style of play or his man management.

Is Brewster a bad manager? IMHO, in a word Yes !

I wouldn't shed any tears if Brewster resigned, but I would have concerns as to whether we would get anybody who would do any better under the circumstances : the problems CaleyD mentioned above, factors outwith a managers control, that any new manager would be subject to, the Niculae factor, and undercurrents of player unrest due to feeling financially undervalued.

Sacking the manager would give a short term boost but wouldn't solve our clubs underlying problems.

And of course it would be very expensive use of our limited funds. ?100k to pay him off? A similar transfer fee to get a new manager? What a waste if it doesn't lead to any real long term improvement.

This summer we should lose Niculae and finally replace Dods. If there is no substantial improvement by September, sack him then. But for the time being Brewster just gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Despite starting the original thread on this subject I would genuinely like Craig Brewster to be a success as ICT manager as a successful manager

I'd like peace on earth, goodwill toward mankind and Angelina Jolie begging me to come back. If the Mace could stock cola cubes, that would be good too.

Hiring Niculae at a wage much higher than the average player destroyed the harmo of the team and was the gaffe of the century. Now Brewster, whether he liked the decision or not, has to face the results of that action.

Nothing against Niculae as a person (all things heard seem to be good) but he himself wants to go to a "better club" and moving him on might solve a lot of problems.

As for voting on an issue about which swirls only rumours, rumours, speculation and rumours the answer is  that I will not vote on that.

However, ask me again after the match tomorrow against Aberdeen. ! :011:

It's gotta be a NO!

Was surprised at the run of good results before Christmas but the chickens have come home now and we're seeing what many of us expected would happen.

Had a similar experience down here in Norwich with Peter Grant who 'lost the dressing room'. They got rid and will survive because of that decision. We need to do the same or we'll be gone next season.

I have to admit brewster was ok today!! he managed the team well!! good to see him put on Hart!!
Despite taking Imrie off 15 minutes after he should have and putting Markus on when he should have put on Wyness! :017:

Todays result has not changed my mind about him.  How did he do OK today exactly?  Late subs, didn't use all subs, players out of position.  Grade A pish from a pish manager.  :008:

Totally agree with you jay_7.  He is a ***** manager and his tactics from the moment i saw the team sheet i know would be total crap like they are every week!

Hoof ball we only play hoof ball! HOOOOOF BALL! WE ONLY PLAY HOOF BALL!!

Caleyblue because he was shouting and on the touchline...how does that mean he did ok?? I could do that! Anyone can do that..and i think just anyone can do better than him altogether!

The first Aberdeen goal today was down to the tactical changes at right back, we were carved right open

three time in the first ten Minuit's coz nobody was tight to Aluko and he made us pay. If your going to make changes to the line up you have to prepair not make it up as you go along.