FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Duncan is a divot thread

caley100

Russell Duncan is a plonker, a complete plonker, a feckin do-nut of the highest order, he was booked and he kicked the ball away at half time knowing sure well that feckin idiot ref Mcdoanld was sure to excercise the rule book and book him again....  :33:

Duncan should know better,  Mcdonald is a ***, an utter *** referee.... nuf said

Just wondering, how much did Duncan "wind up" opposition fans? Maybe the highlights will show it but all I saw was him jumping in the air and punching the air as well in front of them. If he got booked for this then poor show from MacDonald who bottled booking Nicholson for the heinous crime of spreading his arms in front of the ICT fans and cupping his hand to his ear. Personally I think either both players should have been booked or neither.

He must have done something more, there was a few things thrown on the pitch!  I know that two dons fans were lifted after it!

You know what football fans are like. They'll call a player every name under the sun but as soon as the player turns round and gives anything back the fans run to the police wanting him arrested.

Just wondering, how much did Duncan "wind up" opposition fans? Maybe the highlights will show it but all I saw was him jumping in the air and punching the air as well in front of them.

That was all I saw him doing.... I was at that end of the main stand. The way the Dons fans reacted was what got him into bother...

Yet after Mcguire got the winning goal he spent ages behind the goalmouth and not a word from Fud Mcdonald.

He was booked after he emerged. Thing is, given half the Aberdeen players went in with him and most were on yellows should they also have received cautions and thus reds?

MacDonald is a garbage official.

He faced the away fans and put both hands in the air, quite obviously aimed in their direction and done to antagonize them. Imagine if Robson, Dods or any other ex-player scored against us and stood in front of the North Stand with both hands in the air...we would not be best pleased.

It was a stupid thing to do and he deserved to be booked. He's lucky he wasn't arrested.

He faced the away fans and put both hands in the air, quite obviously aimed in their direction and done to antagonize them. Imagine if Robson, Dods or any other ex-player scored against us and stood in front of the North Stand with both hands in the air...we would not be best pleased.

It was a stupid thing to do and he deserved to be booked. He's lucky he wasn't arrested.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Are you on the wind up? You mean he seriously put his hands in the air? Wow, that is criminal laugh.gif

Barry Wilson and/or Mark McCulloch ran alongside the entire length of the main stand with their hand cupped to their ear when they scored for Livi against us. Robson loves "getting it right up us" when he scored for United. I bet he would do the same if he scored for Celtic. Sure we wouldn't be best pleased but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Indeed when Duncan scored for us against United in the Cup he did much the same celebration and wasn't cautioned. It was the reaction of the Aberdeen fans and that greeting twat McNamara that got Duncan booked.

And to top it all off you think he was lucky not be arrested - comedy stuff! laugh.gif

Are you on the wind up? You mean he seriously put his hands in the air? Wow, that is criminal %7Boption%7D

Barry Wilson and/or Mark McCulloch ran alongside the entire length of the main stand with their hand cupped to their ear when they scored for Livi against us. Robson loves "getting it right up us" when he scored for United. I bet he would do the same if he scored for Celtic. Sure we wouldn't be best pleased but it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Indeed when Duncan scored for us against United in the Cup he did much the same celebration and wasn't cautioned. It was the reaction of the Aberdeen fans and that greeting twat McNamara that got Duncan booked.

And to top it all off you think he was lucky not be arrested - comedy stuff!

Hey, I was just giving my opinion as I saw it. There's no feckin need to respond like such a w@nker.

Site admin? You have got to be joking.

I'm being 100% serious - I think you are on the wind up with your post.

I'm giving you my opinion as I see it. Apologies if you feel that it is a bit extreme but I don't feel it is because I cannot honestly believe that you think that:

[li]
    Duncan holding his hands aloft warrants a yellow card[/li]
    [li]He was lucky not to be arrested[/li]

It's outrageous to suggest that for holding his hands up to celebrate a goal Duncan deserved to be arrested!!

I don't know where you were sitting, but I was in the main stand next to the away end. The cops and stewards had a **** of a job stopping some fans who looked like they were trying to get on the pitch after Duncan's gesture at them.

It doesn't really matter whether he had his hands in the air, was flicking them the Vs or waving his tadger at them. The fact is he did it to antagonize a large crowd of excitable fans and could have caused a serious crowd control incident.

And remember, as a result of that gesture we played the entire 2nd half with 10 men, ultimately losing a game we might well have won with 11 still on the park.

Caley, he at least showed a bit of commitment and passion for the cause.  But, he was a complete divot for getting sent off, inexcusable, an apology is surely due to ICT and the fans.

I don't think he was showing committment and passion for the cause with that gesture. He did it because he scored against Aberdeen, the team who rejected him, and he wanted to provoke their fans.

Having said all that, it was bloody funny at the time. Not so funny now in hindsight.

I think the hilights will show that Duncan scores his goal from 20 odd yards out and then sprints forward to gesticulate wildly 2 or 3 yards from the touchline directly toward the Aberdeen fans. An absolute nailed on yellow card probably making him a cult hero amongst our fans until he gets himself sent off  :029:

Agent N gets the nod. He is our man in Inverness  at most home matches, incognito of course.

Scarlet is indisposed sovhe asked me to tell you the truth, the whole truth and sometimes nothing like the truth.

Agent Orange

Right Hand Man to Scarlet Pimple.    :002:

Codswallop HaLL

Fort george

Nr Inverness.

It doesn't really matter whether he had his hands in the air, was flicking them the Vs or waving his tadger at them. The fact is he did it to antagonize a large crowd of excitable fans and could have caused a serious crowd control incident.

I don't have a problem with players antagonizing the crowd, to an extent anyway. ****, half of the goal celebrations you see are done to antagonize crowds! If as you say Duncans sole course of action was hands up in the air and this riled the Aberdeen fans and players then why was Nicholson not booked for a similar "hands/arms up" gesture when he equalised for Aberdeen? Personally I don't have a huge problem with either aside from the inconsistency shown from MacDonald.

However, given what Kencar has said concerning the highlights there might be more to Duncans celebration than simply raising his hands. Hopefully they also caught him kicking the ball away as well.

Calderwood has said the sending off galvanised his team. I think it also galvanised us to a large extent as well.

He must have done something more, there was a few things thrown on the pitch!  I know that two dons fans were lifted after it!

Dons fans have a notable track record with throwing things onto the pitch, e.g. at CIS Cup semi-final against Dundee United at Tynecastle last month.

:018:

Wonder what Brew will do here,  Blackie was dropped for his behavior (past) will he be consistent, I doubt it, and if they are all dealt with we wont have a team for Saturday but lets face it he cant afford to upset anymore players or us for that matter.