FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Icts Great Unanswered Questions

Guest TinCanFan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are the club/board happy to sit back and rest on their laurels when clubs around us i.e. falkirk, St. Mirren have been making clear steps to grow the club?

As an example St. Mirren who we have surpassed on the playing field recently look to have an excellent set-up coming into place, a new 8000 seater stadium coming along nicely funded by the council and tescos, trainingly facilities funded by aforementioned parties, ample funds avaliable for new transfers, 4 new signings with more to come and a new sports scientist being appointed. I really dont like St.Mirren partly due to their fans having a huge unjust superiority complex but i cannot help but cast an envious eye over the way things are heading for them.

We have been in the SPL quite a few seasons now but seem to be happy to stagnate where we are. To date this season we have signed 2 players and replaced an outgoing fitness coach with a part-time one but made no other publicised improvements throughout the club, doesnt scream out ambition does it!

Completely agree with Libero and this sums up my feelings about ICT. As Saint Mirren move into a brand new stadium and Falkirk begin work on a new stand to go behind the goals ICT remain with temporary stands at either end of the ground. A symbol of our clubs apparent happiness of being where we are and not wanting to improve and take the team to the next level which for us is top 6. Both Falkirk and Saint Mirren can now offer more wages than us with perhaps only Hamilton in the SPL now having a smaller budget than ourselves.

We have sat and watched Falkirk progress well in the last two seasons and Saint Mirren and making the same strides. Libero sums it up perfectly when he talks about casting an envious eye over these other two clubs.

These are not temporary stands. A few thousand tonnes of concrete should testify to that. What they are are stands that can be taken down again. Originally the club wanted temporary stands to allow time for development whilst playing at home but this was disallowed.

• 2 weeks later...