FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Youngsters Sign 1 Year Deals

Dmacca

Sutherland,McAllister & Vigurs have signed new 1 year deals.

Do these three have what it takes to step up to the first team and become regulars?

It would be good to see them all make it, particularly Zander IMO.

from Teamtalk.com

Midfielder Sutherland, 20, has been on loan to Elgin City since September and recently was listed among the nominees for the Scottish Football League's Third Division player of the year award.

Vigurs, 19, has made just one first-team start this season for Inverness but could rival Sutherland for a midfield role next term.

Striker McAllister, 20, has made six substitute appearances for Craig Brewster's side since returning from a short spell on loan with Peterhead at the start of the year.

Would've liked to see 3 year deals for Sutherland and Vigurs, but hey at least it's a start!

jay7, I'd imagine that Wood will be spoken to after Montrose finish up the play-offs.

I am pleased that we have given these guys a chance - all have represented their country and have shown promise.

Rory McAllister takes some ammount of abuse considering he has been a fringe player at best during his time in the first season picture.  He has only made eight starts in the league.  In all his sub appearences the vast majority have been for short stints at the end of games, always a hard situation to impress in.  He has a pretty decent scoring record in the SPL reserves as well. 

jay7, I'd imagine that Wood will be spoken to after Montrose finish up the play-offs.

I am pleased that we have given these guys a chance - all have represented their country and have shown promise.

Rory McAllister takes some ammount of abuse considering he has been a fringe player at best during his time in the first season picture.  He has only made eight starts in the league.  In all his sub appearences the vast majority have been for short stints at the end of games, always a hard situation to impress in.  He has a pretty decent scoring record in the SPL reserves as well. 

the scoring record in the reserves seems to be the problem though, he does seem to be a bit of a choker when he gets onto the main stage. just my opinion and rory if you land up reading this i would be delighted if you prove me wrong

Sutherland has undoubted potential and has benefitted from a year on loan - even if it was to the low lifes of Scottish football - needs a rigorous pre season and regular first team opportunities next season although I fear that he will be a cover fer Imrie which could be a big mistake - Vigurs needs another season - and Rory - well sorry but he simply doesnt have the pace - the only forwards that could get away with that are the ones with old heads. 

I may be wrong but I think Gary Wood signed a two year deal around january last season so he still has time to show he deserves another contract. I wonder though whether he would want to come back and be a bench warmer considering he's from Montrose, his father is a youth coach at Montrose and he will get regular first team football.

As to whether Zander has benefitted I reserve judgement till I see him play SPL football. He shone in div 3 but can he bring that back to SPL. Vigurs I haven't seen enough of. Rory I dont know. I'd like to see him get 90 minutes to judge.

In his 55 appearances for the club, I can count on one hand the number of good plays he's been involved in.  On that same note I can count nearly 3 or 4 times that, the number of plays where his involvement has directly resulted in the loss of posession.

As I said on another thread somewhere.....McAllister is held in pretty high regard by a number of SPL Coaches and on a few occasions I've heard of them singing his praises and saying he's destined for big things.

As much as I think he's struggled to make the step up to SPL level and have doubts if he ever will, these guys are the supposed experts and they must be seeing something in the lad.

As I said on another thread somewhere.....McAllister is held in pretty high regard by a number of SPL Coaches and on a few occasions I've heard of them singing his praises and saying he's destined for big things.

As much as I think he's struggled to make the step up to SPL level and have doubts if he ever will, these guys are the supposed experts and they must be seeing something in the lad.

That'll be on the training pitch and his mental attitude probably.  But his record is a nightmare!  3 goals in his whole ICT career!!

Ok he's young but he hasn't done anything to prove himself at all!

But still keep him! :015:

Delighted at keeping Sutherland and Vigurs, but seriously, how many chances is McAllister going to get?!  Any news on Wood?

Yesterday's Inverness Courier reported Wood had agreed a 2 year deal......

BUT........

Today's P&J says they are still in talks with him!

clear as mud as usual  :014:

I am confussed  :017: We appear to be allowed to make personal comments on Rory  :024: Can I have a list of who we can "slate" and who we cant please.

Rory is the one who needs to be farmed out on loan - even if his stay at the Blue Toon was unsuccessful - I dont understand why he hasnt been put in the "loan" category for the last two seasons.

The U19 keeper McNulty has also been given a 1 year contract and will be in the first team squad next season. I doubt he will be the second choice keeper though, as Brewster says we will be going with 3 keepers in the first team squad next season. That's a first as far as I can recall.