FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Long Ball

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

I see Brewster's shown his managerial skill yet again.  The long ball, that disappeared at the Gretna game and in which, it's absence worked so well, is back.  And the play today was atrocious mainly because of the long ball.  Well done Brewster, you really are great at tactics.

See! You's all good excited after the gretna game.  Saying the football was good.  I came on and said calm down it's only gretna and I got some stick!

Well it just proves that we can not play good football against decent opposition!

I personally hope we go down next year, it'll give the club a major boot up the backside!

Guest TinCanFan

See! You's all good excited after the gretna game.  Saying the football was good.  I came on and said calm down it's only gretna and I got some stick!

Well it just proves that we can not play good football against decent opposition!

I personally hope we go down next year, it'll give the club a major boot up the backside!

The football wasn't overly great against Gretna but there was no long ball.  Today it was back and the football was terrible.  It has little to do with the opposition.

It has little to do with the opposition.

:017: :029: It has everything to do with the opposition.  We get tactically outclassed all the time and all they end up doing is hoffing it, like today.  But V a time like Gretna it's easy to pass the ball but St mirren were good today and I think we will go down next year!

In fairness given our shambolic passing today maybe long ball was the better option!

I thought that at times our passing was good, even managed to see Duncan make 3 forward passes in a row (and all 3 were completed).  However, as the game progressed we responded to hoofing it.

I am more referring to the horrible ball from Tokely that played Dargo in and the bizarre back pass from Ian Black that nearly set up a Saints winner  :004: We took some big risks with some of our play today. If we weren't up against the most toothless team ever than we would have been punished.

Ahh yes, I suppose.  But after that nervy ball at the start, we played some good football at times.  I was very impressed by Imrie.

Though did anyone see Gus Macpherson and his wavy arm actions?

Ahh yes, I suppose.  But after that nervy ball at the start, we played some good football at times.  I was very impressed by Imrie.

Though did anyone see Gus Macpherson and his wavy arm actions?

:015:, even funnier was McBain kicking the ball at one of the photographers laptops  :rotflmao:

I thought Imrie did well today. MotM for me and no doubt many others. Some strong and direct running.

Never saw MacPherson but did see Hastings give Bayne a bollocking at the end after the penalty scare when Bayne turned the ball behind, needlessly in Hastings view I guess, for a corner.

:015:, even funnier was McBain kicking the ball at one of the photographers laptops  :rotflmao:

That was hilarious! He sent it flying into the gravel! The poor guy got up looking for an apology but Roy just jogged away!  :015:

That was hilarious! He sent it flying into the gravel! The poor guy got up looking for an apology but Roy just jogged away!  :015:

Sorry, RIG.  That wasn't funny at all.  The photographers can't get insurance for their kit at matches and it's bloody expensive to replace.  A few weeks ago one of them got a telephoto lens smashed and had to replace it out of his own pocket.

Negativity rules on here these days :018:

If our strikers had any gumption about them today we would have been at least 3 up by half time and I don't recall all of our chances before the break resulting from long punts up the park :024:

Sorry, RIG.  That wasn't funny at all.  The photographers can't get insurance for their kit at matches and it's bloody expensive to replace.  A few weeks ago one of them got a telephoto lens smashed and had to replace it out of his own pocket.

Unfortunately it's a risk they take with their jobs.