FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Celtic

Renegade

The most important part of the team will be the defence, as it is with every team at Parkhead.

While I agree with most that say McBain should come in at left back, I would keep Hastings there for Saturday, he's experienced and (defensively) reliable.

Proctor had a stinker at Ibrox, however I genuinely beleive that was down to him just returning from injury. Still our best defender IMO.

Munro is the key, if he has a good game, we will have a slim chance of getting a point. If he's not at the races, Celtic will turn us over.

Wouldnt disagree - would play Proc at rite back as Cellic really hone in on Rosscoe - Duff adds a bit of grit and pace and there is logic to keep Hastings - who probably wont cross the half way line anyway. But to me Duncan holds the key.

Yup, Celtic know how to play Rosscoe, I'm not a big fan of either McGeady or Maloney, but one thing they both have is pace. If Rosscoe plows forward at every oppurtunity, he will have no chance of catching either of them.

When they are running at him, he usually does ok, but I remember a few seasons ago we played Rangers at Caley Park, and lost 3-2. Rosscoe would burst forward to support the winger of the day (think it was Barry) and Chris Burke would just wait out wide with no full back to stop him.

Esson

Proctor - Duff - Munro - McBain

Wilson ------ Black ------ Imrie

Cowie ------ Vigurs

Wood

I'd start Wilson as we could do with an experienced/wise head out on the park, and also because it allows us to move Cowie inside where I think he is stronger. Wilson is also the best option for taking set pieces (and he knows how to win a few too). Sticking with Wood up front in this game also makes sense to me, the lad's shown he can mix it with the toughest of defenders and I think that's the kind of forward you need in games against Celtic. Borucs let off against St Mirren will still be fresh in the minds of the Refs and if we can get someone in on top of him pressuring every ball he goes for then we might just benefit from a Ref looking to right the wrong of last week where Boruc should've walked....or at the very least a Ref that's not too quick to do him any favours.

I would like to have played Duncan between a back and middle 4, but we're likely to be sitting so deep that we'll just see a repeat of the situations recently where Black/Duncan/Vigurs end up tripping over each other in confusion as to which roll they should be playing and that is something Celtic will punish us for. Let Black do the job of controlling the middle of the park (he's the best at it) and make it clear to Vigurs and Cowie that they are to get forward to support at every opportunity.

Esson

Tokely Proctor Munro Hasting

Cowie Black Duncan Vigurs Imirie

Wood

As long as the midfield all know their rolls and the defence keep their shape then we have a chance, i mean a chance of a draw, a win is possibly wishful thinking but you never say never i guess! and up front im sure Wood will throw himself about like he did the first time against celtic. black and vigurs especially, are the key players, we need to get them on the ball as much as possible so they can find the passes to cowie, imire and wood when on the attack.

Edited by boon

Esson

Tokely Duff Munro Hastings

Proctor

Cowie Duncan Vigurs Imrie

Wood

Proc in front of defence to cover both wingbacks.

No place for Blackie, Alex?

Been thinking about this, and though I prefer Rooney as a player, I think Brewster should keep faith with the Killie line-up. We've been talking about not having a settled line-up and not having experienced strikers: why not give Wood another start and see whether being first choice brings the best out of him? He's a nuisance to defenders and has already scored against Celtic this season. If isn't working, though, then Brewster should make the change early and bring on Rooney - NOT Barrowman.