FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Man City

SMEE

It's not strange at all. Richest club they might be but they are still rubbish. I mean the richest club in the world has Michael Ball at left back and Darius Vassel as a striker :rotflmao:

The best players go, more often than not, to the best clubs, not the richest. So even if Madrid get offered ?135 million for Casillias from Man City there is no way he will go there.

Im a city fan and im pleased that he's signing experienced prem players, before any team becomes world class they need to gel. Signing players who know how to play in the league will improve the team, i'd rather he signed players who know what their doing than signing players who need to get adjusted to the premiership.

Im a city fan and im pleased that he's signing experienced prem players, before any team becomes world class they need to gel. Signing players who know how to play in the league will improve the team, i'd rather he signed players who know what their doing than signing players who need to get adjusted to the premiership.

Exactamundo! Even Chelsea kept players like Terry, Cole, Bridge, J Cole, Lampard, etc, as to buy 11 players with no knowledge of the league (Tottenham) is folly. Those signings are understandable, Bridges is an experienced left back and Bellamy has pace galore, Parker is a poor mans Lampard granted but these signings add mettle to balance out the skill and flair.

It's not strange at all. Richest club they might be but they are still rubbish. I mean the richest club in the world has Michael Ball at left back and Darius Vassel as a striker :rotflmao:

The best players go, more often than not, to the best clubs, not the richest. So even if Madrid get offered ?135 million for Casillias from Man City there is no way he will go there.

If I may add my two-pennerth.....as a former season ticket holder at City for 20+ years I have experienced much suffering, but...there's always a but isn't there.....who you buy depends on where the club is in it's development

Chelsea got money suddenly but were already a team that got into cup finals and finished in the top 4 of the league. The EPL is such a tough league that the Old firm would do well to stay in it....and I'm being honest there. City were very comfortable in pre-season in a draw at Parkhead.

Having seen Samaras play for City I can testify the lad is a bag of shyte up against good defenders

City seem to be going for a top 6 place then building from there. It doesn't mean I wouldn't like them to have Cassillas and Villa, but they aren't likely to give up European cup football just yet.

Of the latest batch of rumoured buys:

Given: great goalie

Parker: good holding midfielder

Bellamy/Santa Cruz: decent strikers for a side in the UEFA places in the EPL

It's all about building, not just throwing the best 11 players you can buy onto a pitch

S'pose Caley somehow had ?10m to spend, who would/could the club buy?

Boyd & Miller? It might get the club into the top 4 teams of the SPL but it's wouldn't make the slightest impact in Europe if we qualified for it.

I'm not riled by comments about City by the way, I know it's only said in jest and when you've spent most of your life sharing a city with the most successful (and annoying) club in England you get a thick skin :thumb04:

But then it's be boring if your team always won and did sensible things

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Must admit, I still believe that the best won't go to that club but I guess a lot of players will have to seriously think about the wages that are on offer. You could become a multi millionare in a matter of months!

The only outcome i can see of paying crazy transfer fees and wages is to drive the price of tickets out of the reach of Joe Public :rotflmao:

I reckon the fee (?100m) would provide free season tickets for all the City fans who currently go for 6 years

Ticket prices down there are a scandal. It's not the danger of the possible transfer putting City fans prices up but the other clubs charge City fans more for away matches. The other year I was faced with ?45 to see City play Birmingham....**** ground, loony fans and ?45 ffs....not worth it.

Personally if I was still down there I'd pay ?45 (if I could) to see the likes of Kaka playing for my team

I went to see Newcastle v West Ham on Saturday - that was ?29.00 which I didn't think was too bad for a Premiership game. Had a decent seat with a good view of the pitch too.

A mate of mine from work was there too (and I was there about 6 years ago when it was about ?24).

But I was at Liverpool last May (against MCFC funnily enough) and it was ?36. The game was gash though, the only entertainment was the away support plus Torres' goal.

I know next to feck all about English Football, but I can't help feeling that the offer for KaKa will be considered a "loss leader".

If they can secure the services of someone like that then others will be more inclined to follow and although they'll still need to pay silly money, it'll be a few quid more (relatively speaking) they will need to offer instead of multiples of existing salaries to convince players to move.

Personally i think City new owners were daft to come out and say what thier personal wealth is. This is only going to result in other clubs to up thier asking price for players that they are interested in because they know that if City wanted them then they would pay almost anything if they thought it would help the team.

Was just reading Robbo Robson's blog on the Beeb website and have chosen a few points that he has made.

"There are people all over Europe chewing on bits of wood and wondering where their next job might come from, not to mention the people who scrape by every day regardless of credit being crunched, and this fella who's bought Man City is chucking his cash around with all the care of a cat de-feathering a sparrow. I tell you, it's vomit-inducing."

or even this one:

"I'm with Shearer on this one - if the Abu Dhabi lobby do handpick a clump of galacticos it'll last for five years max, they'll get bored, everyone'll scuttle off for their retirement jobs at somewhere less freaky and City fans will be left pining for the days of Big Mal and Peter Swales and paying heaps for Steve Daley and Kevin Reeves."

No one should be getting paid the 160k a week that Robinho is on let alone the half million that Kaka has been reportedly offered for kicking a Pig's Bladder about,no matter how bloomin good they are with it @ thier feet, when other professions, like surgeons, doctors, firemen or policemen, who actually do a job that helps benefit the public are on a hell of alot less a year.

Edited by ictbetterthanthehighlands

"I'm with Shearer on this one - if the Abu Dhabi lobby do handpick a clump of galacticos it'll last for five years max, they'll get bored, everyone'll scuttle off for their retirement jobs at somewhere less freaky and City fans will be left pining for the days of Big Mal and Peter Swales and paying heaps for Steve Daley and Kevin Reeves."

No one should be getting paid the 160k a week that Robinho is on let alone the half million that Kaka has been reportedly offered for kicking a Pig's Bladder about,no matter how bloomin good they are with it @ thier feet, when other professions, like surgeons, doctors, firemen or policemen, who actually do a job that helps benefit the public are on a hell of alot less a year.

[City (and ICT obv) fan]

I couldn't agree more about the obscene money, however Keanu Reeves got ?75m for making a crappy film recently in which he was crap....taking the view that it's an entertainment business (yes, sometimes it is) then whatever they pay players is on a par

As for wanting to go back to Peter Swales days as chairman......I've been there it wasn't pretty so no thanks...although Big Mal could spin a good tale in the pub over a couple of bottles of shampers

agree that the money on offer is absolutely sickening given the poverty in the world and i really would laugh if sky went down the toilet along with the epl and brought back the days when money was more realistic and players played for the jersey but its a forlorn hope probably.

thing is if theyre going to persist throwing ridiculous money around and do it throughout the team they will one way or another get a hold of the best players because who can turn that money down and who can compete

I personally think the whole money thing is obscene but the following nicked off another site is worth a read ....

Overheard telephone dialogue between Man City and AC Milan superstar Kaka.

Unfortunately I only have the script from the City end but I think it is

clear for all as to the total content:

"Hello, is that Kaka? How do you fancy becoming the supply line to Craig

Bellamy and Darius Vassell this winter?

"No, your fellow countryman doesn?t like the cold and will be out until mid

April - but you will play alongside Stephen Ireland"

"No, Kaka, Ireland is a person not a country"

"yes, I fully appreciate that he is not Ronaldinho, Pirlo or even Beckham

but many fans have him in their fantasy football"

"I know you are currently the richest man in Italy but we can double it!"

"erm, well, we have had a bit of a slide recently and we are currently

15th"