FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Man City

SMEE

Hughes makes ?15m bid for pint of Stella

Mark Hughes has launched an astonishing ?15m bid for a pint of Stella at the Stonemasons Arms in Altrincham, sources revealed today. 'Mark comes in here quite often' said landlord Bill Spiggs, 'usually it's a quiet drink with friends, but today he came in with a well-dressed older Italian gentleman and was determined to spend millions of pounds.'

Regular punters were shocked and dismayed at the implications of Hughes' unseemly display of wealth. 'If that's the way things are going we're all going to be priced out of drinking at the Mason,' complained retired plumber Dan Oldwick. 'We've already had a well-known county cricketer in here this week splashing out ?20,000 for Smokey Bacon crisps. It's disgusting in this economy when that kind of money could be given to starving children in Africa, or on a new dartboard.'

:rotflmao:

well the deal's off...just rec'd this from someone at City:

'Talks with Bosco (Kaka's dad) went well in terms of City's ambition.

Further talks then took place with Milan and hey ho they wanted more money. And that my friends is the time it all ended.

Feeling of deep frustration from City that we never got to speak to Kaka

So in sum total Milan have just taken a ?91m gamble and failed if it makes you feel better'

oh well.....wonder if Barrowman's available for ?100m

Hughes makes ?15m bid for pint of Stella

Mark Hughes has launched an astonishing ?15m bid for a pint of Stella at the Stonemasons Arms in Altrincham, sources revealed today. 'Mark comes in here quite often' said landlord Bill Spiggs, 'usually it's a quiet drink with friends, but today he came in with a well-dressed older Italian gentleman and was determined to spend millions of pounds.'

Regular punters were shocked and dismayed at the implications of Hughes' unseemly display of wealth. 'If that's the way things are going we're all going to be priced out of drinking at the Mason,' complained retired plumber Dan Oldwick. 'We've already had a well-known county cricketer in here this week splashing out ?20,000 for Smokey Bacon crisps. It's disgusting in this economy when that kind of money could be given to starving children in Africa, or on a new dartboard.'

:rotflmao:

I can't believe that - not even Hughes would be seen inside the Stonemasons Arms - if you had said The Orange Tree then I might have believed you.... :thumb04:

Blimey an ICT fan in Manc ! You do realise that for nearly 40 years there were 2 of us!!

Tell me, do you dress to the blue or the red side........?

Sorry to disappoint you but neither - if pushed for a preference though I would come down on the light blue side.

My wife's first game at the new stadium was a 3-0 humping of united but unfortunately for me I was away with work so missed that experience. As Old Trafford is only a couple of stops on the tram for me I tend to go down there when I am here....

Just heard that Robinho has walked out on city - the saga continues....

Hughes needs to buy a centre half to replace the liability that is Dunne. Creativity, entertainment & goal scoring aren't a problem, Kaka would have been a nice luxury but with Robhinho, Bellamy, SWP, Petrov etc an unnecessary one. Wayne Bridge is perhaps the start of defensive rebuild that could see them challenging for trophies in the near future. When you've waited over 30 years for a sniff of success with regular on and off-pitch disasters maybe it puts ICT's current problems in perspective.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

Does anyone else find it strange, that the "richest" club in the world.....has been persuing the likes of Bridges, Bellamy and Parker to make their team world beaters?

they'll buy anyone that will come to man city lol

united! united! united!

• 3 weeks later...

The away record is awful but at home we play the sort of football that would win the league. Obviously, im not saying were going to win the league anytime soon but surely if we can play that sort of football consistently we'd be in with a shout of getting the top 4. Kaka would not of been a good signing, we have players like ireland and elano(amongst others) who play the exact same game. I think the squad is strong wnough as it is, we have michael johnson and gelson fernandes on the bench.

The away record is awful but at home we play the sort of football that would win the league. Obviously, im not saying were going to win the league anytime soon but surely if we can play that sort of football consistently we'd be in with a shout of getting the top 4. Kaka would not of been a good signing, we have players like ireland and elano(amongst others) who play the exact same game. I think the squad is strong wnough as it is, we have michael johnson and gelson fernandes on the bench.

I wish they could get Michael Johnosn as far as the bench. He's a talented lad but doesn't seem in too much of a hurry to recover from a groin injury - my spies in Manc tell me he's out on the town all the time. Gelsen is a headless chicken and won't be there long.

City are being overrun by physically bigger teams. Apart from Given, Dunne and Kompany there aren't any regulars over 6 feet. We'll be ok this season but I fear the owners will replace Hughes in the summer...though I hope they don't.

• 2 weeks later...

The performance last night was pretty good. Just wish we were a bit more clinical, was really impressed with robby and Bellamy. Regarding Johnson- didn't realise he was injured but its slightly worrying if hes not that bothered about coming back. He could be a brilliant player given enough first team football.