FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thanks Brew

starchief

I don't believe for one second you didn't try your best. I'm sure you did your absolute for Inverness and probably still feel that given just a little more time... The fallings out, the getting shot of some long-term ICT players were, I feel, all done with the absolute best intentions. Building a team according to your own designs was the right choice if unsuccessful. Giving youth a chance was admirable if nothing else. Perhaps taking a step back you could maybe try at a lower level where your mistakes and some ridiculous personal accusations about your private life are not back page news.

You did your best. Ultimately, it wasn't good enough but for sheer effort, I don't think you can be faulted.

Maybe see you in the lower leagues or as assistant somewhere.

Thanks for trying at least. Returning so soon wasn't the right choice but good luck wherever you end up. We'll remember the good times and I hope you do too.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, not doubting he never tried his best to do well for ICT, fact of the matter is though, it simply wasn't good enough.

Bottom of the league with 7 straight defeats, surely even he would admit it's in the Club's best interests that he's gone.

All the best for the future though.

No manager wants to do badly but imho he has swathed an axe right through the squad, it resembles nothing of what it was, and for that, it will be had to be composed, but he was always respectful and dignified so credit where credit is due.

I can think of nothing more appropriate here than to quote Sun Tzu

"Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?"

As a player he is easily one of the best we have ever had. When he managed on the pitch you could see him talk to all the players, encourage them and coach them. Sadly off the pitch it appears he couldn't hack it. He then opens is gob and talks all the stuff re loyalty and fecks off to Utd. He takes them bottom off the league showing again that off the field he is no use. Gets the sack and plays for Aberdeen where again Brewster the player shines through. We take him back and bar a nice run of 5 wins last year it has all been rubbish.

So to Brew the player, thanks for the memories. To Brew the manager :rotflmao:

I don't believe for one second you didn't try your best. I'm sure you did your absolute for Inverness and probably still feel that given just a little more time... The fallings out, the getting shot of some long-term ICT players were, I feel, all done with the absolute best intentions. Building a team according to your own designs was the right choice if unsuccessful. Giving youth a chance was admirable if nothing else. Perhaps taking a step back you could maybe try at a lower level where your mistakes and some ridiculous personal accusations about your private life are not back page news.

You did your best. Ultimately, it wasn't good enough but for sheer effort, I don't think you can be faulted.

Maybe see you in the lower leagues or as assistant somewhere.

Thanks for trying at least. Returning so soon wasn't the right choice but good luck wherever you end up. We'll remember the good times and I hope you do too.

I echo all that too, and also express thanks for giving us fans some great moments as a player....

The winning goal against Hearts in the 90th minute (Sept 2007) was the one I'll never forget...

Best wishes for the future... :rotflmao:

Yeah, good luck Brew. To accentuate the positives...

Good attitude to discipline and fitness, and showed that, with proper regime, an extended career was possible.

Some good signings, and brought on some of the younger lads.

Brought "out" some interesting prejudices in the matter we are not allowed to speak about.

Played really well when he played.

Quite agree with Starchief. How would any of us feel if we'd been sacked from our job in such a public manner ? Brew must be gutted and who could blame him for feeling that way ?

Good luck to him in whatever he does next in football. He'll not be idle for long - for example, his fitness, healthy eating and coaching ideas are probably light years ahead of the majority of coaches in Scottish football.

All I'm going to say is this...

Thank you Mr Brewster for what may well have been your best interests, ideas and intentions. I see at as just a shame you didnt walk away sooner with at least some dignity, as your undoubted status as a decent player has been well and truely tarnished as a manager.

All the best Brew.

It's a lovely wee club this innitt?

Nobody, but nobody with an unkind word to say to, or about the guy now.... :thumb04:

Apart from Jnr, maybe.. :rotflmao:

I can't go so far as offering any sympathy, he's hung on too long when things were obviously going from bad to worse for me to be able to afford him that. However, I hold no ill feeling or personal grudge against the man.

Would you have expected him to resign and walk away without a penny in compensation?

As a player he is easily one of the best we have ever had. When he managed on the pitch you could see him talk to all the players, encourage them and coach them. Sadly off the pitch it appears he couldn't hack it. He then opens is gob and talks all the stuff re loyalty and fecks off to Utd. He takes them bottom off the league showing again that off the field he is no use. Gets the sack and plays for Aberdeen where again Brewster the player shines through. We take him back and bar a nice run of 5 wins last year it has all been rubbish.

So to Brew the player, thanks for the memories. To Brew the manager :rotflmao:

I concur.

Good luck in your next jobs Brew and Malky.