FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

Bronson

Since Butcher and Malpas arrived they have given Imrie the role of striker, which in my opinion he has failed to fulfill. I am fast losing patience with him as he seems hugely ineffective and the only thing he seems able to do is run about like a headless chicken.

I am also sick and tired of reading his comments in the press. Over the last few weeks I have read that he disagrees with Butchers analysis of him as a "nippy forward" who harrasses defenders, thinking that there is more to his play than that. I then read him talking up his chances of getting a move to a bigger team, believe it was Rangers that he mentioned. Then today he is talking about hopefully winning a Scotland B call up.

Come on Dougie get a grip, since playing as a striker you ain't scored a single goal and the novelty is starting to wear off. Either put up or shut up!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point i think Rooney should be given a run with morais or eric see if he can produce the goals as imrie and barrowman have proved they cant only othe option is Foran but then who do you put on the left? maybe Imrie but he wasnt great there either.

Fair point i think Rooney should be given a run with morais or eric see if he can produce the goals as imrie and barrowman have proved they cant only othe option is Foran but then who do you put on the left? maybe Imrie but he wasnt great there either.

I'd like to see Morais and Odie getting a start up front. They'd run circles round most defences.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Rooney is only good at coming on as a sub as everyone nos that. When he starts a game he is *****. Whn he comes on as a sub he adds something to the team

Rooney aint no good for getting the goals though...as muir said only good as a good sub!

id be up for oddie and morais, as said they would run rings round most defences!

only problem is though...we dont have any time to waste to see what is going to be effective do we?

Since Butcher and Malpas arrived they have given Imrie the role of striker, which in my opinion he has failed to fulfill. I am fast losing patience with him as he seems hugely ineffective and the only thing he seems able to do is run about like a headless chicken.

I am also sick and tired of reading his comments in the press. Over the last few weeks I have read that he disagrees with Butchers analysis of him as a "nippy forward" who harrasses defenders, thinking that there is more to his play than that. I then read him talking up his chances of getting a move to a bigger team, believe it was Rangers that he mentioned. Then today he is talking about hopefully winning a Scotland B call up.

Come on Dougie get a grip, since playing as a striker you ain't scored a single goal and the novelty is starting to wear off. Either put up or shut up!

Bronson, one thing isn't clear from this post: do you think Imrie should be dropped altogether? I agree that he's not a natural striker, but I don't think he's ineffective. I was sitting near you at the St Mirrren game and I thought Imrie's pace, workrate and willingness to take players on made a big difference in turning the game in our favour. If Morais had been playing alongside a more static player I think it's unlikely he'd have been given the chances he converted. I didn't see today's game, admittedly, but based on the games I've been to, I I'd rather see Imrie put in a wide position with Foran supporting Morais up front than seeing Imrie and any pace we have drop out of the team completely.

What has Imrie done as a Winger/Midfielder that is better than him being a striker???

OK, so which would you have have him as? Or would you have him in the team at all? (Forgive me if you've already made this clear in other posts - I haven't gone back to check.)

Personally, I think he adds something a little more dangerous to the team, whether he is up front or in midfield.

I just don't get why some fans always automatically call for Rooney to start no matter how badly he actually plays when he gets in. He reminds me of Graham Bayne. He has all of his weakness's but none of his strengths. Bayne was slow, cumbersome, couldn't control or hold a ball, and lacked composure in front of goal. But he offered an aerial threat, a physical presence and willingness to press and force errors from defenders. None of which I see from Rooney. When he starts we play terribly and lose. It's a pretty simple pattern.

From our current squad I would go for a partnership of 1 from...

Morais and Eric - skill.

and one from...

Wood and Imrie - graft.

Rooney and Barrowman don't offer enough of either.

I just don't get what anyone sees in Imrie. He can't pass, control a ball, or take a man on. There was a point yesterday when we had a two against two break, and Imrie was up against Severin. You just knew he wouldn't get past him, and sure enough.....

He's an average 1st division player at best. Get him out of the team altogether as he brings nothing to it.

The word in Lanark is when he (Imrie) has a good game for Caley he can be seen a matter of hours later drinking in the Weatherspoons, soaking up the aclaim. I was told his school nickname as well. If he mentions a bigger club again, I'll tell you all it, as well as the reasons.

Anyhoo...... when TB started with Rooney against Rangers, and then took on Imrie, it worked brilliantly. Probably because Rooney will hate Rangers (I'm basing that on nationality, weak, I know) and Imrie wants to play for them. There has been nothing from either of them since.

Rooney has a really poor first touch and I think he's got that Barrowman look of not really trying. At least Imrie tries although, his technique is balls. Can you remember that volley against Falkirk? It was unlucky but, that summed his finishing up, hopeful.

Is Barrowman as bad as he's making out? I can't believe that. Why do they keep playing him?

I would play Fornan and Eric up front. I would say Foran and Morias if I didn't think Proctor would play on the right as a result........

Barrowman has scored two recently for the reserves recently though has he not?

Which is why he is probably getting first team action again - we need a goalscorer which is something we really do not have. Felipe didnt do the deeds yesterday like he did against st mirren, although i think he though he was going to with the shots he was taking. I do like the boy though.

It is a shame for Imrie though....hard worker, just doesnt finish it off. Im up for hearing this schoolboy nickname stuff though ha!

I remember reading in the paper about him saying he wanted to play for Rangers. something about his dad knew the chairman and stuff. the next week i read him saying he wanted to base himself on Kris boyd - he scores goals but very little else, and Imrie doesnt score goals!

The word in Lanark is when he (Imrie) has a good game for Caley he can be seen a matter of hours later drinking in the Weatherspoons, soaking up the aclaim.

Dunno about Spooons, but he's always prancing about Love on a Saturday night.

Rates himself faaar too highly IMO.

Would rather see him and Morais on the wings with Eric and Foran upfront.

The word in Lanark is when he (Imrie) has a good game for Caley he can be seen a matter of hours later drinking in the Weatherspoons, soaking up the aclaim.

Dunno about Spooons, but he's always prancing about Love on a Saturday night.

Rates himself faaar too highly IMO.

Would rather see him and Morais on the wings with Eric and Foran upfront.

I was meanig the Spoooooonies (eh!) in Lanark.

Sounds like our Dougie is a top class athlete!!!

Guest Muir-Jaggie

What has Imrie done as a Winger/Midfielder that is better than him being a striker???

OK, so which would you have have him as? Or would you have him in the team at all? (Forgive me if you've already made this clear in other posts - I haven't gone back to check.)

Personally, I think he adds something a little more dangerous to the team, whether he is up front or in midfield.

i would give him a few games as a winger and a few more as a striker and then have look at the games and see how he has done

It's interesting that he wants to play for Rangers cause I had wee look through the Imrie family bebo's earlier and they seem to be Celtic nuts.

GOD!! I just went to his wikipedia page and nearly shat myself!! You could have warned us about that picture!!!

i agree. hes should play wide left

totally agree with you bronson we should put him back in midfield he had a bad game at aberdeen just seemed he did not know what to do with ball

Is it not actually worrying that the assistant manager of our national team persists in playing Lionel at left back, Imrie up front and Foran in midfield ??? :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Well that's how they lined up against Rangers... apart from starting with Rooney befor subbing him with Imrie...