Team Fer Muvversmell

Fir Park pitch normally shocking and we need a result no need play attacking which makes it a 5-4-1 from me

:lol: There's every need to play attacking football. At a time like this winning is everything and teams at this stage that play ultra-defensive, hoofing nonsense get relegated. And 5-4-1 is even worse than that 4-5-1 rubbish Brewster used to play. Here's my team anyway:

---------------------------------------Esson-------------------------------------------

----------------------Tokely-----------Munro----------Mihadjuks------------------------

----------------------------------------Kerr---------------------------------------------

---Morais---------------------------------------------------------------------Imrie-------

----------------------------------------Black---------------------------------------------

---------------------Odhiambo--------Barrowman--------Foran----------------------------

Subs - Fraser, Djebi-Zadi, Rooney, Vigurs, Duff, Hastings, McBain

ICT need to win so an attacking 3-4-3 is needed. Fraser to the bench as he aint quite as good as Esson and may be more keen on helping his new employers and not give 100%. A back three of Tokely, Munro and Mihadjuks. Munro passing the ball ALONG THE GROUND with Tokely making runs throught the middle. Tokely and Mihadjuks should go up for corners and free-kicks leaving Munro back at all times to defend. Morais wide right, Imrie wide left, Kerr says in but a plays a defensive midfield position with Black sitting behind the front three. Odhiambo as the right sriker so he can run with some pace, Barrowman in the middle and Foran as the left striker. The main tactic should be keep the ball along the ground, pinging it to either wing for crosses into the box. On the bench is Djebi-Zadi who should be brought on to replace someone like Kerr and would swap places with Black so he can do was he does best, attacking. Maybe throw Rooney as well in the second half along as he seems to do better when he comes on and also possibly Vigurs as he is a fairly attacking midfield with a decent shot.

Esson

Tokely Pavels Munro Hastings

Morais Black Kerr McBain Imrie

Foran

1 point succesfully gained at Motherwell :lol:

Yes that type of more defensive set up would be more likely to bag us a point - with a return to the previously successful 4-5-1 and hit on the break game plan - plus you would have Eric coming on fer the last 30 minutes to stretch the defence even further. Unfortunately I dont think that Butcher can risk it. But he can still put an attacking emphasis on it - and lets face it - we aint at our best defensively at the present time - I am certain that we are going to have to endure the most nerve wracking 180 minutes of our short existence - note that I didnt say 270. :)

Hastings cant be put back into the team, he aint going to match fit, and we cant afford to have someone in a crucial role who aint fit!.

Mcbain to left back and go 4-5-1, snatch a late goal for 3 points, Falkirk to lose to Hamilton and we are safe...

We are all putting down the same teams here but would anyone be surprised if Butcher just went same again - we won at Midden and he made one change which was probably expected - we got another point yesterday - unbeaten so far in the dreaded split - Butcher may think that he has more chance of being hung drawn and quartered if he suddenly changes the mix and it backfires. Lets face it - Fraser is as good as Esson and he - for whatever reason is the chosen one - he has lost two goals in two matches and not been at fault at either - can you drop him?

Proctor was poor at Midden but better yesterday - the only thing ya can do with him is to put him in midfield and put Rosscoe back at full back and then upsetting the system and the rhythm - What better in centre defence than two big men who are clearly totally devoted to the cause - Lionel has little left back quality to challenge him - taking anyone else in may be viewed as being a risk but I hope he got a real bollicking. McBain protects the left flank and has a great engine and therefore there is no alternative to putting Imrie on the rite. Black and Kerr are clearly the first choices in central midfield. No arument about foran up front and Morais is clearly a match winner plus we now have Eric to come on effectively as the pacey substitute.

That could be Butchers rationale and difficult to argue against - but the pressure may not be as harsh at Well and hopefully he will play with width, on the deck, have the midfield supporting Foran and let Morais have a free role.

I BELIEVE

We are all putting down the same teams here but would anyone be surprised if Butcher just went same again - we won at Midden and he made one change which was probably expected - we got another point yesterday - unbeaten so far in the dreaded split - Butcher may think that he has more chance of being hung drawn and quartered if he suddenly changes the mix and it backfires. Lets face it - Fraser is as good as Esson and he - for whatever reason is the chosen one - he has lost two goals in two matches and not been at fault at either - can you drop him?

Proctor was poor at Midden but better yesterday - the only thing ya can do with him is to put him in midfield and put Rosscoe back at full back and then upsetting the system and the rhythm - What better in centre defence than two big men who are clearly totally devoted to the cause - Lionel has little left back quality to challenge him - taking anyone else in may be viewed as being a risk but I hope he got a real bollicking. McBain protects the left flank and has a great engine and therefore there is no alternative to putting Imrie on the rite. Black and Kerr are clearly the first choices in central midfield. No arument about foran up front and Morais is clearly a match winner plus we now have Eric to come on effectively as the pacey substitute.

That could be Butchers rationale and difficult to argue against - but the pressure may not be as harsh at Well and hopefully he will play with width, on the deck, have the midfield supporting Foran and let Morais have a free role.

I BELIEVE

Fraser, in my and the BBC last night's, opinion, should have come out and attempted to punch the ball before it was headed. Maybe pedantic but I do feel he was at fault.

Lionel, as you correctly state needs a bollicking - even during the game he was getting this from both Butch and Malpas for lack of concentration. Even a Lionel supporter like me can see he is not the finished article by a long way and is inconsistent. However he is exciting and has a lot to give, so let's hope we are all singing his praises this time next week, Butch must know what he is doing.

Just been looking at the BBC team news for the game and found this:

Russell Duncan has recovered from a hamstring injury and could challenge Lionel Djebi-Zadi for the visitors' left-back role

Surely that has to be a mistake

Fir Park pitch normally shocking and we need a result no need play attacking which makes it a 5-4-1 from me

Fraser

Proctor Mihadjuks Munro Tokely Proctor

Imrie Kerr Black Morais

Foran

Has Proctor got a twin brother?

yh just noticed that myself oops i think i meant Hastings actually on the left