FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Phone Numbers

Whenever I open a web page that has a phone number on it the number drops of the page after a couple of seconds. Anyone got any thoughts on why this happens. Its bloody annoying and means I've often got to resort to the old fashioned phone book.

Whenever I open a web page that has a phone number on it the number drops of the page after a couple of seconds. Anyone got any thoughts on why this happens. Its bloody annoying and means I've often got to resort to the old fashioned phone book.

Is it any page with a number on it??? or is it a phone book website???

Do you have any VOIP software installed like Skype or Vonage? There's probably a setting somewhere in your browser dedicated to it that sorts how phone numbers are displayed.

Try the following - not sure if this'll work or not as it installs an Add-on for Firefox that controls this through the browser. There might be something similar for IE8 but not sure.

In any case, open up Skype, and click Tools > Options. Click on Advanced and ensure that "Use Skype to call callto: links on the web" (should be the top option) is unticked. Click save and then try looking at a page with a number on it to see if this has done the trick. If you already had a page loaded, you'll probably need to refresh the page, or close the browser all together and restart it for the change to take effect.

Let me know how that goes...