FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Division 1 Positives

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another positive...we will be underdogs, so should start picking up a few SPL scalps on our cup runs. Certainly we have nothing to fear from this year's bottom 6. Europe beckons!

And we get to win the challenge cup again......

I want it to start next weekend and keep the same team :D How long do we have to wait till the fixtures come out and when does the league start???

Fixtures - Pass

But the season will start first weekend in August I would have thought.

25th July is the date of the league cup first round which we will take part in.

Positives? Yes there are a few:-

1. 12 easy points against Dross County next season.

2. Half-price merchandise in the club shop.

3. Matches at 3.00pm every Saturday.

4. More chance of local youngsters being given a game.

5. Less chance of seats at matches being sold twice (happened on two occasions to me this season).

6. No more sectarian bile at the TC stadium (yippee!).

7. Easier parking at matches.

8. ICT Board prima-donnas taken down a peg or two.

9. Cheaper tickets for matches (if the Club want any fans to attend matches).

10. Proabably a better standard of football to watch.

11. Fewer 0-3 thumpings at home.

12. Maybe see some goals being scored at the TCH (for us that is).

13. Won't see Falkirk or Hamilton for a while (but will miss the easy games against Hibs).

14. Lots of our fans won't experience a conflict of loyalty between ICT and their 'other' team.

15. The queue for the shop will be shorter.

16. More opportunities to taunt our poor-cousin Staggie acquaintances.

17. Fewer fat-cat, fair-weather, once-in-a-blue-moon 'hospitality' types taking up space in the Main Stand.

A lot of this basically boils down to 'it's not the SPL'. Five years of each of the SPL and the First Division - there's a lot of stuff that's better in the First, just a shame about the big financial difference for the club.

Positives? Yes there are a few:-

1. 12 easy points against Dross County next season.

2. Half-price merchandise in the club shop.

3. Matches at 3.00pm every Saturday.

4. More chance of local youngsters being given a game.

5. Less chance of seats at matches being sold twice (happened on two occasions to me this season).

6. No more sectarian bile at the TC stadium (yippee!).

7. Easier parking at matches.

8. ICT Board prima-donnas taken down a peg or two.

9. Cheaper tickets for matches (if the Club want any fans to attend matches).

10. Proabably a better standard of football to watch.

11. Fewer 0-3 thumpings at home.

12. Maybe see some goals being scored at the TCH (for us that is).

13. Won't see Falkirk or Hamilton for a while (but will miss the easy games against Hibs).

14. Lots of our fans won't experience a conflict of loyalty between ICT and their 'other' team.

15. The queue for the shop will be shorter.

i agree with most points

no 7 means less fans at game

no 15 same as no 7

no 17 less money

16. More opportunities to taunt our poor-cousin Staggie acquaintances.

17. Fewer fat-cat, fair-weather, once-in-a-blue-moon 'hospitality' types taking up space in the Main Stand.

It will allow the likes of Vigurs, Duff, Wood, Odhiambo and Rooney the chance to develop their game as with a lot of players going to be exiting the club and the club having much less money these players I feel will become an integral part of our squad. We can't afford to keep many older more experienced players or to bring them in so they will become more involved with the first team. This may be a good thing for the club as it could potentially lead to these players developing in to regular first team players to replace the aging players we currently have.

Absolutely gutted with our SPL demise yesterday. Gutted. Not a good hangover cure and not a nice birthday present! :lol:

But I've sat back and thought about things and I dont think things are all that bad. Here are my top 10 reasons for optimism:

1. We should keep the core backbone of the team. Fair enough Black and Fraser are offski. Morais, Foran, Mihadchujks, Kerr, Byrne (anyone care) will likely be off as well.

But with Esson, Tokely, Munro, Duncan, Proctor, Hastings, Imrie and McBain all still at the club or very likely to stay we have a very strong core in the team.

2. Rooney and Barrowman also have longer term deals. Fair enough Barrowman hasnt been great but with us being on the front foot next season in most games (I'd like to think) and playing two up, as well as dropping down a divison I think they could destroy teams in a Wyness (Barrowman) and Ritchie (Rooney) style way. Or we may cash in on one?

3. We have promising young players who if we fight to keep and get signed up will get a chance and with the rest of the experience in the team will proper in the 1st Divison. Players like Duff (replaces Pavels) Vigurs (Black) Zander Sutherland perhaps? (Morias) Gillespie (kerr), and others.

4. The likes of Kerr (who struggled for a club pre ICT) and Morais (who likes it up here according to interview) could well decide to stay if given the choice.

5. We'll get the proper Pie n Bovril 1st division match banter.

6. We get the Highland Derby next season. Bring back the caravan jokes. Ressurect "We're top of the League and your no"

7. Reduced ticket prices. No excuses to stay away. Its Recession busting! We should be looking to win most games, playing football, the proper ICT way. Get the city behind the team!

8. 1st division food is better. Shame clyde are down :( lovely steak pies :D :(

9. No old firm. No complete write off because journo's cant be bothered finding out about us. No SPL Old Firm central belt bias.

10. And most importantly for all the reasons above I'll attend more games. You really couldnt wish for more!

If we keep Zadi too I think he would be ace in the 1st with his crazy bombing runs. And He wouldnt get caught out anywhere near as much (in theory anyway)

C'mon get behind the thread. I want happy thoughts people!

If we keep Zadi too I think he would be ace in the 1st with his crazy bombing runs. And He wouldnt get caught out anywhere near as much (in theory anyway)

I'm trying very hard to get behind this thread....

You've made a lot of depressing points with it, all the same....

Such as?

Such as?

Such as, we have just been relegated hard to get excited about anything at moment

The only 2 points that i would have to agree with in your first post is the fact you said replacing Pavels with Duff.

I dont know why everyone likes his so much. He's not the best defender. Anyway, experience is better in my eyes. McGuires better :031: ( i dont know what smiley i put, just a random one :P)

Also the fact you have said Proctor will stay. Its transfer season, Brewster will have a little whisper in the managers ear (or maybe more) trying to get Proctor. I bet David is really sick of him by now :blink:

Such as, we have just been relegated hard to get excited about anything at moment

Fair point, but you have got to come to terms with what has happened here. Inverness has been relegated and they arent going to go back up if you dont like the first division.

Am the opposite Stevie...am already buzzing about next season, and will hopefully make a few games (wen i dont have my kids). I had kind of lost my appetite for it in the SPL.

The hardest part i find to swallow, is the whole role played by the board in ICTs demise. Their decision making has lead to this, and in the business world, such a catostrophic business decision, with an equivalent outcome, would lead to heads rolling!

BRING ON SFL!

Am the opposite Stevie...am already buzzing about next season, and will hopefully make a few games (wen i dont have my kids). I had kind of lost my appetite for it in the SPL.

The hardest part i find to swallow, is the whole role played by the board in ICTs demise. Their decision making has lead to this, and in the business world, such a catostrophic business decision, with an equivalent outcome, would lead to heads rolling!

BRING ON SFL!

I am sure I will be buzzing when the season comes around just gutted at moment, no heads will roll its the self preservation society

2. Rooney and Barrowman also have longer term deals.

6. We get the Highland Derby next season. Bring back the caravan jokes. Ressurect "We're top of the League and your no"

9. No old firm.

Rooney and Barrowman in a team, down a division, on the front foot. Probably player together have the potential to do really well. We might even cash in. Who knows?

The Highland derby has served up some of the best banter ever. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And to be honest missed it when we were in the SPL (obviously I'd rather have SPL football that a singular derby game)

Finally the only good thing about playing the filth was tv coverage and the money their fans brought with them. I'd be glad to see the back of the bigots and plonkers associated with those two clubs. Unfortunately they come with the money. Part of the package. But I dont think as a fan I'll terribly miss playing them for a season (assuming we will bounce back)

I'd like to reitterate my topic opening line. Absolutely gutted

Watching skysports news and seeing an R next to ICT was pretty hard to bare.

I just see no point in dwelling on it.

Did sky sports even put up that yellow bar breacking news Inverness CT have being relegated???

Well done mate, good to see someone is trying to bring out the positives.

No point worrying about, we are SFL now, lets think happy thoughts.

I for one was depressed as F when driving home, but when all my mates started talking about away games with their dundee support, dunfermline, kirkcaldy, county.

Also excited about other players. If we kept alot of the team just now, notably morais, and foran, kerr, imrie, and tokely and munro are in for the long run anyway, then i can see us bouncing straight back up. although the SFL is like the championship - very very hard to win it.

ROLL ON SFL!!