FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Male or Female?

caleyrule

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/8212078.stm

I am sure some of you will have heard about this story in athletics at the moment, its all concerning the sex of Caster Semenya, she is entered as a female but there are suspicions due to her amazing times there are theories that she could actually be a he

Looking at her she does have look of a male to be honest

thoughts?

had never heard of her before this thread, but none of the google images seem conclusive ..... If I had seen this image before hearing the debate, I would definitely have said male !

article-0-061D19E9000005DC-924_306x423.jpg

Regardless of the results of the gender test, this whole thing has been handled absolutely atrociously and there's a LOT of people should be hanging their head in shame.

Feckin ridiculous that (suspected) drug users are afforded total discretion regarding dope testing until the results are at hand....we're not even told they've been tested. However, in this case we have IAAF officials talking to the press hours before the final saying that because this person has run some good times and looks a little masculine they've been asked to make themselves available for gender tests.

Smacks of poor sportsmanship and people getting upset because a relative "nobody" in the sport dare go out there and beat the favourites.

Bolt is running times never seen before (and by some way) and we don't have papers full of talk about whether he's cheating or not.....what's the difference???

Yes, they have to make sure no rules are being broken, but it's a sad reflection on the sport and the media that this has been turned into such a media circus.

Bolt is running times never seen before (and by some way) and we don't have papers full of talk about whether he's cheating or not.....what's the difference???

Is there anybody on this planet that thinks Athletics is clean?

Where are all the Chinese athletes? Oh yes, Olympics in 3 years...they're, ahem, preparing!

Is there anybody on this planet that thinks Athletics is clean?

I can't remember who it was, possibly Frankie Boyle or someone, but a comedian made a joke about how we should let athletes pump themselves full of drugs and let them have their own events, seperate from the clean athletes. I think that it's a fantastic idea, it would certainly be alot more entertaining to watch!

What a dreadful way to treat anyone, it seems confirmed now that she is a she (how "complex" is that test? Gie's a wee look at........) There are, however, legitimate questions as to why she's got so much better so quickly. There is a proven link between certain performance enhancing substances and making barbara look like barry. That's not a complex test either.

Athletics hasn't been clean for years - drugs, blood doping, hormones. You name it they'll try it. Winning is everything in athletics and these days where big prize money is available even more so. Tennis is another sport where there are suspicions of performance enhancing drug use. Cycling hasn't been clean for decades but I think this is one sport which is beginning to effectively combat drug use.