FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher to Plymouth?

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Ok now that Paul Sturrock has been axed as Plymouth and given a new role is it possible that our gaffer Terry Butcher might be linked with the job as Paul Mariner has only been put in caretaker charge by the sounds of BBC Sport.

I think if he was linked to the job he may actually reject which would be a good move because Plymouth may well get relegated and i don't think he would want that on his already tarnished CV (Motherwell his only successful tenure) and also i do think he will stay until end of season as well, despite my calls for him to go as i have never known him to jump ship whilst at a club.

You got there first Johnboy.

They are also a club with an average attendance of over 10,000 playing in one of the richest leagues in the world. I have no doubt that Butcher would crawl there if he thought that he had any chance of getting the job. But he doesn't.

Where will the mods put this ridiculous thread?

I'd say MM is a pretty useful Number 2. I wouldn't even mind him staying on here as assistant to Pele, Robbo or even Duncan Shearer - take your pick!

If anyone from Rangers FC was watching TB on STV last night, it's obvious he thinks he could do a job there. Presumably why STV kept putting up the caption Rangers 1986 to 1990 under his name.

Guest Mahonio

They are also a club with an average attendance of over 10,000 playing in one of the richest leagues in the world. I have no doubt that Butcher would crawl there if he thought that he had any chance of getting the job. But he doesn't.

:( :D Why slate me for every post i make about Butcher!!!? :lol::lol:

The only reason i started it was because i know, like most others, that Butcher is going to be linked to other jobs because he is a "big name" so i don't tolerate the criticism!! I am going to leave it at this as if i carry on i will post something bad (swearing) and i don't want to after getting a warning for that already.

This is a non issue. Butcher won't even be linked with the job, let alone get it. The only job down south I could ever see Butcher being linked with in some fashion would be the Ipswich job, where I wouldn't at all be surprised to hear of him being linked witht he assistants job, or coaching or something. This whole Plymouth thing, just aint going to happen.

:angry: :angry: Why slate me for every post i make about Butcher!!!? :angry: :angry:

The only reason i started it was because i know, like most others, that Butcher is going to be linked to other jobs because he is a "big name" so i don't tolerate the criticism!! I am going to leave it at this as if i carry on i will post something bad (swearing) and i don't want to after getting a warning for that already.

Sorry Mahonio, it's nothing personal. I just think that there is absolutely no chance of Butcher being considered for this job.

Guest Mahonio

:angry: :angry: Why slate me for every post i make about Butcher!!!? :angry: :angry:

Sorry Mahonio, it's nothing personal. I just think that there is absolutely no chance of Butcher being considered for this job.

Apology accepted :) :) .

It's all very well saying who we want or don't want, but at the end of the day - when have the board ever given a flying f**k about what the fans want?

Good post. As much as the board dont give a ****, i do think that Mike Smith had done when he was here as he did try to do his best for us whilst working for those morons.

This thread has got me thinking - would that be a nightmare scenario? TB leaves and MM takes over as manager.

That would be a nightmare for me. I've mentioned on here a few times, that I'm not overly impressed by Butcher's management skills, but to me, Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas is better than Malpas alone. What we have just now IMO is the lesser of two evils. Sadly, from the forward thinking types of the powers at be, we will probably see Butcher leave some time within in the next six months, with Maurice taking over. Then we kiss goodbye to any chance of promotion for a long long time.