FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Raith Rovers : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update from match

Quick break by Inverness, Rooney fed Cox the ball and he hit the post from six yards, the ball rebounded onto keepers head, scambled clear.

Still all Inverness, fog worse.

Must be too late in the match now for the match to be abandoned?

Any other subs?

Guest Mahonio

Do Raith look like scoring because i am nervous a wee bit because our missed chances COULD cost us.

Also who would you say is Man of the Match?

Update from match

Another couple of chances, Bully header just wide we are still pressing still 1 - 0

1 - 0 going on 10

Great effort by Rooney

Lionel upend in box no penalty

Hayes off Stratford on.

Full time 1 - 0

Edited by nwadeener321

Just back and can't believe we didn't win by at least 5 or 6.

It is safe too say that Raith didn't get a sniff at all. The fog made it difficult too see there area in the first half but by what you could see it was a good finish from Rooney at the near post with his left foot. Hayes free kick had it gone in would have been fabulous.

2nd half was more of the same. We dominate. Eric and Hayes were causing problems as was Sanchez and Duff and Cox both linked up well with others. There goalie made some superb saves. The one from Cox was birlliant reaction stop and Cox also hit the post.

Really efficent performance to say the least and if we are as solid as we looked and that includes Lionel who also played well then we can finish strongly. Eagle came on and gave the ball away a few times but he also sent in a dangerous cross towards the end. Stratford even managed to make a contribution today...he ran down the last few seconds on the clock when he came on for Hayes.

Edited by ajsict92

Real pea souper today. I doubt the North or South stands would have seen the other end of the pitch?

Despite dominating the first half we only went in 1-0 ahead when it really should have been 3 or 4. How the ref didn't give us a penalty in the 1st minute when Rooney was felled in the box I'll never know.

Much scrappier in the second half but luckily we managed to hold on for a deserved win.

I assume Imrie is away in January as his cameo today was p**h and he looked like he didn't want to be here