FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Raith Rovers : matchday thread

Scotty

1-0 going on 5-0, Rooney should have had a hat trick today. That was one of the best home performances of the season. Hopefully Butcher sticks with the same team next week. Duncan and Foran weren't missed. Cox and Duff were outstanding in the centre of the park, the back 4 were rock solid and barely allowed Raith to have a shot on goal for the whole 90 minutes, Hayes, Rooney, Odiambo and Sanchez linked well and looked dangerous whenever they got the ball (apart from their finishing). Same again next week please. :blink:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye it was a good performance. a bit worrying that we couldnt kill the game off but we created many chances and rooney again showing why he's the best striker at the club. as others said, 1 .0 going on 5 or 6.

good show all round.duff didnt put a foot wrong and slotted in well. imrie on the other hand was pretty dire when introduced. thought their sending off was a tad harsh but who cares.

Why oh why, do we always get the Prophets of Doom on the site??/

Get behind the team, don't berate them at every opportunity.

I am sure they read the site, and sometimes what is said about them Cannot instill self confidence

Just my thoughts

On the whole, it was an alright game. Didn't see much of Rooney's goal from where I was cause of the mist. Saw him hit it but that was about it. I then knew it was in, when the sound of crows filtered round the ground like a Mexican wave! On the whole, Raith never had any real clear cut dangerous chances, and Esson had very few real saves to make. One thing I did notice today was though, there seemed to be a pattern in ICT's style of play - winger passes to central midfielder, central midfielder passes to defender, defender passes to keeper, keeper boots it up the park. Pretty uninspiring stuff. I also noticed that a lot of players seem to get on the ball, and then have to think about they do next. I noticed with Hayes for one, a couple of times.

For me, the best players today were toss up between Hayes, Cox and Odhiambo. The two wingers looked decent, but may have been better had they been on the correct sides from the start. Hayes looked good, but could with charging down the wing a bit more as soon as he gets the ball. Cox was quiet good passing the ball around in the middle, and also when running with it. Of the rest, Esson had little to do but could do with cutting down his long hoofs. Djebi-Zadi had moments of being good, and others of being a bit dodgy. Still much better going forward than defending, and was also still better than Golabek. Duncan and Foran weren't missed at all. Sanchez was okay at times, but I did notice a couple of times, the ball would be near him and he'd slow down instead if attacking it. Wasn't overly impressed by Duff. He wasn't bad, his passing was okay (certainly better than Duncan's) but he was nothing special. Proctor looked a bit dodgy of times and does seem to be offly vulnerable at the back, Bulvitis was okay, as was Munro. The last two again were okay, but nothing overly special. ICT still look a bit weak defensively and really really need a big centre back, who can also rally the troops. Rooney took his goal well and had moments where he seemed to be working hard, but is another one who doesn't seem to know what to do at times. I also recollect him being through on goal more than once and then just stopping. Once in particular when he was clean through and then looked to hold the ball up and look for the pass. Sometimes he could do with being a bit more greedy and going for it himself. And we seriously did not need that Nacho Novo moment when he was waiting for the corner. That was disgusting!

Of the subs, Stratford was on for seconds and didn't touch the ball, and Eagle was okay and had one very good cross. And then there's Imrie. What an egomaniac. Always goes for it himself, always goes for glory and always has a go at other players when they don't give him the ball. I will shed no tears when this wannabe leaves.

On the whole, Butcher should really have set Hayes and Odhiambo to the correct wings and cut out this whole hoofing nonsense. He needs to tell the players as well, to play the ball forward or to the wings, not backwards all the time. A win is win today, but if ICT want to get anywhere this season, they're going to have to go in with a more positive game plan.

Edited by Renegade

Looked like Rooney had no chance, ball was running away from him, tight angle, keeper well positioned but he belted it and it went in at near post. 3 other shots went bout a foot wide in first half - rooney header, hayes shot (scuffed it??) and i think cox from edge of box.

sanchez had very impressive game, very composed and found himslef space when surrounded by 3 or more opponents on several players - my comment was that haven't seen anyone ay club make space for himself since charlie, felt that for a while now. laid back but i reckon composed rather than lazy.

rooney has come on in leaps and bounds this season, works very hard to win supposed lost causes and much happier taking players on now. good example near end of game when ball seem destined to go out for goal kick, rooney somehow got behind defender to keep it in, got off ground to make quick cross and then another quick tackle. MOM.

Lionel really really needs to learn to learn quick decision making, you don't always have to stop the ball, sometimes the first time pass/shot is the best option! Good attacking play, just didn't always pick right final option.

Definite pass marks for Duff, particularly second half. Much improved performance from Cox, more like what we saw and was impressed by in the first few games of the season, long may it continue.

Negatives - no sign of McBain, even from bench.

Thought it was a very comfortable win. It was a great finish from Rooney on his weaker foot. He smashed it in at the near post. I think it clipped the post and went in. The Raith keeper will probably be thinking he should have saved it but it was the only thing he didnt get to. He was brilliant today and if it were not for him it would as others have said been 5 or 6.

Thought as usual Johnny Hayes was fantastic along with Cox and Sanchez. Hopefully we can build on this by getting a result at East End Park next week.

Butcher was on the bench today but I noticed he let Malpas get on with it today possibly in preparation for the next 2 games which are going to be massive but all of them are going to be now as we are a hell of a long way behind

It was as mentioned earlier, 1-0 going on 10-0. As one sided a game as you would get. The unfortunate thing from our perspective was that we spurned the millions of chances that came our way. Still, three points keep the status quo.

easy easy easy.

It was a bit worrying that we didn't build on the one goal lead though. Butcher maintains that we score freely, but from my point of view we don't score the goals when they matter. But, a good performance today with plenty of positives.

Duff was very solid, added a bit of bite to our midfield. Not the Russell 'hardman' Duncan bite though, more of the Ian Black type bite.

Rooney was immense again, he was away to QOS as well, much improved. Learning to actually use his physicality again, turning players and putting himself where it hurts. He also seems to be setting up a few more chances now.

Sanchez was good today, perhaps more in the first half than the second, but he offers something different, and forces us to play it on the ground.

Hayes is just too good at times. In the first half, he was everywhere. He could have scored two or three himself (including that fantastic free-kick). In the second half he probably faded a little, didn't get the breaks and had about three men on him. The only worry is that Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Falkirk and Hamilton are also noticing how good he is.

What was with the Dougie abuse as well? I didn't notice any Nacho Novo moment from rooney either, what happened there?

All in all, 7/10 for the performance and MOTM probably Hayes again. But Rooney gets my vote for effort.

Esson:Didnt have anything to do. Did everything he needed to.

Proctor: was ok. Did pretty wellin the first half but was quiet in the second.

Bulvitus: Looked solid along side munro. good game.

Munro: Again also looked solid beside bulvitus.

Djebi zadi: Didnt do anything wrong today. I still cringe everytime he gets the ball.

Duff: Outstanding! So calm in the midfield and positioning was superb. MOTM IMO.

Cox: Played well along side someone with experience like duff. definelty keep them two in for the next game.

odhiambo: He put in a good shift. Its good to see two really fast people on the wings in him and hayes.

sanchez: very good today i fot. He is a great playmaker and created a lot of chances.

Hayes: Brilliant game yet again. He causes so much trouble for the other team.

Rooney: Put in a good shift. He is improving every week off the ball.

subs:

Imrie: I agree he just goes for everything himself. Is that what we need. No. Other teams could do with him though.

Eagle: Didnt have enough time to do anything really but he did have a good cross.

stratford: Didnt touch the ball. Only on for a minute or so.

A easy win, they made us look a lot better than we were. Waited for the second half equaliser, but thankfully in never came. The Raith goalkeeper was noteworthy - were it not for a couple of top drawer saves, we could have won by a lot more. As it was a lot of the hunger dissipated in the 2nd.

Rooney took his goal very well, looked like a tight angles, but he still managed to beat the keeper and the defender. Get him parcelled up with a contract soon. Esson will insist on punching more than he should and as we saw in the final this doesnt always work out well for him. Lionel was good going forward and is still very entertaining, but a couple fo hairyt moments. I really think Munro has gone stale and will only get better when he leaves ICT. Buuly had a good game as did Proc expecially going forward. Duff played well; passed, tackled and you would be hard pushed to say that he hadn't been here for a couple of months - also nice to see the receding hair brigade getting their own hero. Ody also was superb going forward and has pace and intelligence. He is another one we want to keep. Hayes had his moments today too, but seemed to fade a bit in teh second. BUt yes, what the other poster says, Imrie tries so hard, but will insist onnot doing the simple teamly thing. I watched as near the end, he rode a tackle then insisted on having a shot as he was falling over, of course it ended up in rowZ, again. A simple thorugh ball, could have paid dividends.

Good, and indeed essential win, against poor opposition, but can't help thinking we will get found out against Dundee. It really is theirs to losse, and we, like all other title pretenders, must depend on them dropping points, the likeleihood of which is receding by the week. 2nd place would be nice though.

Ps Cox had as good a game as Ive seen him since he first came and yes, what is the nacho novo moment that Rooney had.

Edited by gordyfromsneck

A easy win, they made us look a lot better than we were. Waited for the second half equaliser, but thankfully in never came. The Raith goalkeeper was noteworthy - were it not for a couple of top drawer saves, we could have won by a lot more. As it was a lot of the hunger dissipated in the 2nd.

Rooney took his goal very well, looked like a tight angles, but he still managed to beat the keeper and the defender. Get him parcelled up with a contract soon. Esson will insist on punching more than he should and as we saw in the final this doesnt always work out well for him. Lionel was good going forward and is still very entertaining, but a couple fo hairyt moments. I really think Munro has gone stale and will only get better when he leaves ICT. Buuly had a good game as did Proc expecially going forward. Duff played well; passed, tackled and you would be hard pushed to say that he hadn't been here for a couple of months - also nice to see the receding hair brigade getting their own hero. Ody also was superb going forward and has pace and intelligence. He is another one we want to keep. Hayes had his moments today too, but seemed to fade a bit in teh second. BUt yes, what the other poster says, Imrie tries so hard, but will insist onnot doing the simple teamly thing. I watched as near the end, he rode a tackle then insisted on having a shot as he was falling over, of course it ended up in rowZ, again. A simple thorugh ball, could have paid dividends.

Good, and indeed essential win, against poor opposition, but can't help thinking we will get found out against Dundee. It really is theirs to losse, and we, like all other title pretenders, must depend on them dropping points, the likeleihood of which is receding by the week. 2nd place would be nice though.

Ps Cox had as good a game as Ive seen him since he first came and yes, what is the nacho novo moment that Rooney had.

If I were a neutral the first three words would say ICT were excellent but then you spoil it with negativity for the remainder of the sentence.

ok today very professional performance today can"t think of a shot raith had that came close to scoring.

Plus good atmosphere today

great turn out of raith fans aswell

Edited by Djay

If I were a neutral the first three words would say ICT were excellent but then you spoil it with negativity for the remainder of the sentence.

You are not a neutral, and I am unsure what your point is.

At game today didnt see the first 35 mins didnt see the goal either as the fog was so thick. But from wat i did see it was a great performance and a deservid 3 points which is wat we needed after the last couple of games. Bring on the pars and then a deciding match for promotion against dundee

I didn't notice any Nacho Novo moment from rooney either, what happened there?

ICT had corner in the second half when the ref blew for pushing or something just before the ball was kicked. While the ref was talking to something, Rooney had to sort himself out and dropped his shorts, displaying his black undergarments to do so. Urggh, I wont be getting much sleep tonight.

the worst thing about the game was the subs that were made. imrie, eagle, stratfor(he was just a time waste plan though) mcbain could have been on or anyone else thatcan play football. imrie was a pile of crap

Edited by Alex MacLeod