Catering issues at ICT [official]

Scotty

Catering issues at ICT [official]  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What are your major areas of concern?

• Prices
    • Quality
    • Service
    • Queues
    • Range of Items
    • Other [please note in thread]

I know this is not a discussion thread but feel I have to reply. Revbirdog you are entitled to your opinion and if you are perfectly happy with the catering then thats fine but please dont presume to speak for the rest of us. Everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad and In sure that not everyone is unhappy but the concerns of those of us who are are important as well.

as for the safari park comment well when I take my kids out for the day I can take food with me including hot drinks and bottled pop a choice not available to me at a game.

Personally I used the west side severy on tuesday got served by a pleasant young lady and also got hot coffee so credit where its due. Also didnt wait as long as usual.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is not a discussion thread but feel I have to reply. Revbirdog you are entitled to your opinion and if you are perfectly happy with the catering then thats fine but please dont presume to speak for the rest of us. Everyone is entitled to their opinion good or bad and In sure that not everyone is unhappy but the concerns of those of us who are are important as well.

as for the safari park comment well when I take my kids out for the day I can take food with me including hot drinks and bottled pop a choice not available to me at a game.

Personally I used the west side severy on tuesday got served by a pleasant young lady and also got hot coffee so credit where its due. Also didnt wait as long as usual.

Where in any of my posts have I alluded to be the voice of the people or presented myself as a spokesperson? I have given my view because I think this thread is badly set up, feedback should be given from both sides (those who are happy and those who are unhappy) if I were anything to do with the catering company I would be very unhappy at this thread, not because of the criticism but because the way this thread is worded it is a witch hunt with no possibility for anyone to give credit where it is due and if someone like myself does give credit I am jumped upon from a great height, hardly impartial.

You do have the opportunity to take drinks to the game, unfortunately due to the behaviour of old firm fans in 1980 those drinks have to be decanted to plastic glasses before entry to the ground but you do still have that opportunity. I believe you would be able to use one of those insulated mugs that you can buy from outdoor stores so long as it is plastic and you remove the lid on entry to the ground.

My main point is that many of the concerns raised here could easily be overcome if the people complaining were to look for solutions themselves instead of being so lazy and getting others to do it for them.

(Birddog: using words like "in reality" and calling people "lazy"...these are customers not volunteers, they pay money, lots of it, and are on this forum offering ideas...)

From the poll it seems price and queues are the main bugbear for 80 people which is not a bad sample. I doubt much will ever happen on price, as that is probably agreed to in contract, and if reduced at ICT would have to be reduced in all other grounds, so it's unfortunate ICT have agreed to such price hikes without reason, and probably too late to fix without ripping up contracts.

However, the queues seem to be an area where improvements could be made, and easily. IDEAS: Pie and Drink Runners/ Queue flow barriers/ Supervisor/Queue coordinators to move people from serving area to serving area if one is quiet/ Order takers in queues for drinks/ pre-prepare drinks (hot)/ More experienced staff from Inverness area.

ok. as noted in the original post, this thread will now be closed as it is after 12PM UK time. Thanks for the input (positive and negative), I am sure this will give Darren a few things to talk about.

Hopefully he will offer some feedback after his meeting.