Munro and Brown

Andrew Fraser

According to Teletext....

(1) Grant Munro is in 'early' contract talks about extending his contract. The inverness lad is a key part of the team and Christie sees him a vital part of the team for the present and future. Christie gave him a target of 2 goals this season (after scoring 3 in 153 apps before) and Chrisite is impressed he has already acheived this.

(2) Christie believes Mark Brown deserves a Scotland call-up because he is performing better than Graeme Smith overall. He believes his recent form is worthy of it and that Brown consistently puts in good performances.

After reading these, I am glad about Munro contract talks becuase he is THE un-sung hero in our squad. However, I don't think Christie should be telling Walter who to pick. We all know Brown should be in the Scotland squad but by saying this I think may just limit his chances. However, hopefully I will be proved wrong and he is on the bench against France!!!

I dont see how brown never makes it into the Scotland Squad. Given the regular three last year. Gordon is undisputed no1 by a mile. Cardiff's alexander is very good too. but how on earth does that nonsense marshall get near the team. he never gets a game and any time he does he concedes a hatful and the defence are all over the place.

Bad news for brown though is that apparently the old Dun Utd boy Gallagher has been performing amically for Norwich which would probably mean brown is ignored yet again. A foley given our defensive record last season. we never concede alot and brown is a key part in that defence

See that Motherwell dropped Graham Smith for today's game against Hearts.  Whilst Marko played with supreme confidence yesterday and made that great save towards the end.  Stick that in yer pipe Blue-nosed Walter!!!