FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

15 points from 21?

SMEE

7 wins on the trot is a BIG ask, regardless of what league your in. Im thinking 15 points might even be a bit unrealistic....given that i think 4 or 5 of the games are against top half teams!

Beat county, and all we need to do is match or better County, Dee, Queens and Pars and we are back in the league with the twisted sisters. Sounds easy, but nerves will come into play. Hope Rossco will banish his demons from last season. Would love to see him score the goal that takes us back where we belong

Of course its achievible. We are 14 games unbeaten (i think) I just hope we don't fatigue towards the end of the season, and can keep on grinding out results. If we beat County mid-week, and dundee slip up again, thats us in a really good postion

Its unbeaten in 13, but still one hell of a record and we havn't lost at home since October/November? I think we will win this league if we win on Tuesday, a draw will mean it is still wide open, a Win for County i believe will put them in the driving seat though i reckon we have more of a chance winning the league if we win on Tuesday than vice Versa.

Of course its achievible. We are 14 games unbeaten (i think) I just hope we don't fatigue towards the end of the season, and can keep on grinding out results. If we beat County mid-week, and dundee slip up again, thats us in a really good postion

Its unbeaten in 13, but still one hell of a record and we havn't lost at home since October/November? I think we will win this league if we win on Tuesday, a draw will mean it is still wide open, a Win for County i believe will put them in the driving seat though i reckon we have more of a chance winning the league if we win on Tuesday than vice Versa.

Actually I was right it's 14 matches unbeaten, since yesterday. Not lost since November the 28th

Division One winners since 2003/04

2008/09 St Johnstone 65pts

2007/08 Hamilton 76pts

2006/07 Gretna 66pts

2005/06 St Mirren 76pts

2004/05 Falkirk 75pts

2003/04 ICT 70pts

I can't see us going unbeaten until the end of the season, as much as I would like to. For the sake of argument this is how I think the forthcoming games are going to fall:

Tuesday, 30 March Ross County (h) - Draw

Saturday, 3 April Raith (h) - Win

Tuesday, 6 April Morton (a) - Win

Saturday, 10 April Queen of South (a) - Lose

Saturday, 17 April Dunfermline (h) - Win

Saturday, 24 April Ayr (a) - Win

Saturday, 1 May Dundee (h) - ????

We're on 52 points right now, I think we'll pick up another 13 points which will take us onto 65 points which would equal St Johnstone's winning total from last season. This would still be pretty solid form until the end of the campaign from us. However, having a look at the run in for Dundee it looks like that won't be enough to win it before May 1st, assuming that the poor run they are on doesn't continue. For the sake of argument I think their results will fall something like this:

Tuesday, 30 March Dunfermline (a) - Draw

Saturday, 3 April Ayr (h) - Win

Saturday, 10 April Partick Thistle (a) - Draw

Saturday, 17 April Morton (a) - Win

Wednesday, 21 April Raith (a) - Win

Saturday, 24 April Raith (h) - Win

Saturday, 1 May Inverness CT (a) - ????

14 points on top of the total of 51 they have at the moment gives them 65, which would be the same as us. I think it's definitely going to be another last day shoot out, which is the one scenario I really do not want to happen!!

I wondered when this type of post would appear, Last season I worked out what was the minimum amount of points required to stay up. I have a totally different out look this year, its 3 points every game it may not happen every week but it has to be the mentality of winners.

I would like to win the cup in Ayr but we need to be more than 3 points ahead of Dundee and 9 points ahead of County, as they will have 2 midweek games to play after Ayr.

?The lads really looked like they wanted it today'' : Brian Kerr Captain of Dundee after the County draw.

Dundee will be motivated like hell, Ross County will be motivated like hell, we have to be motivated like hell and back. Rossco and Russell need to be on their best behaviour and we do not want Lionel impressing Terry in training!

?The lads really looked like they wanted it today'' : Brian Kerr Captain of Dundee after the County draw.

Dundee will be motivated like hell, Ross County will be motivated like hell, we have to be motivated like hell and back. Rossco and Russell need to be on their best behaviour and we do not want Lionel impressing Terry in training!

I think our players are well up for it. Anyone that saw our lot at the end of the match on saturday would have seen that. I think we must aim to win all our games. In my opinion the players appear to have a real winning mentality at the moment and have the confident look of a winning team. Even though there were a few nailbitting moments on saturday looking back I dont think we ever really seemed like losing. Lets aim to win all 7 and see how it goes.

I wondered when this type of post would appear, Last season I worked out what was the minimum amount of points required to stay up. I have a totally different out look this year, its 3 points every game it may not happen every week but it has to be the mentality of winners.

I would like to win the cup in Ayr but we need to be more than 3 points ahead of Dundee and 9 points ahead of County, as they will have 2 midweek games to play after Ayr.

County have 4 games in 8 days. Sat 24th home to Partick. Mon 26th home to Morton. Wed 28th away to Ayr. Sat 1st away to Raith. I think that will take a lot out of them and they'll drop a few points. Think thats also the reason for their odds at the bookies.

Also with Ayr, Morton and Raith fighting to avoid playoffs I dont think any games will be easy for any of us.