FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sanchez

ICTJM

How can anyone possibly think this man is good enough to get into our squad?

Yes, he may be spanish but that does not make him a good player.

TWICE today he should have put the ball in the back of the net but missed? the man is a proverbial joke!

agreed on this one?

TWICE today he should have put the ball in the back of the net but missed? the man is a proverbial joke!

agreed on this one?

Hayes missed an open goal too. I think I'll go and start a thread slagging him off...

Wasn't at the game and by the sounds of it we were poor but ffs we are on the verge of a near miracle by winning the division from a 13 point deficit and people are still picking out players to slate..

Sanchez isn't my favourite player to be at ICT but they have all contributed something this season

I agree with you at times but other times he has been fantastic for us as well. Granted if he took a few more of his chances then this thread would not exist but why slate someone in a team when they dont take a few chances instead of praising the team in general?

Edited by ICTBTTH

We're allowed to discuss our opinions on here how we see things that's what forums are for. I disagree with the original poster and think Sanchez is a decent player, however he simply can't shoot.

Now, i'm off to start a thread slagging off Rig.

Now, i'm off to start a thread slagging off Rig.

lol

If the criteria for a poor performance is missing the target twice in what, a 10 minute sub appearance, then a lot more ICT players would be getting hammered week in, week out on this forum for the number of chances theyf ail to convert in 90 minutes on the pitch.

Yes he missed an easy chance towards end but both Hayes and Foran had easy chances too. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. What is important is getting set for the next game ahead of us as we move into the business end of the season.

Christ am I actually being positive for once!?

agreed on this one?

Hayes missed an open goal too. I think I'll go and start a thread slagging him off...

he did indeed but how many times did he get the ball down and head straight to the line to whip in a fantastic cross? i'll admit his shooting was a bit below-par today but sanchez just doesn't do anything right to me

Sanchez is a very decent player, his touch is great, and some of his passing is first class. The thing that lets him down is the fact he needs 300 touches before setting himself up for a shot....before he misses the target.

he did indeed but how many times did he get the ball down and head straight to the line to whip in a fantastic cross? i'll admit his shooting was a bit below-par today but sanchez just doesn't do anything right to me

Not that often really to be fair. He was crowded out quite a lot today.

I think you are being very harsh on Sanchez. Some games he has been excellent this season whilst in others he hasn't been so great but I don't think many of our guys can say they have been consistently good week in, week out.

I would rather Odi any day. People think he is a good player because he is spanish and they think he has flair. At the end of the day goals win you games and Odi has scored the equal amount of league goals with less games.

Sanchez has a good touch - FACT

Sanchez had a good touch in the opposition half - Eh No!

Sanchez can pass - FACT

Sanchez can pass in the opposition half - Eh No!

Yoyu say he creates more than he scores but I dont see it that way at all. I see our providers as Foran and Hayes. The Centre attacking midfield position is to provide support for the main striker, which he doesnt do. It is also to score goals, he doesn't.

He is however, accurate enough. Im sure i have seen him hit the woodwork much more times than he's scored which must take more skill than hitting a wide target.

I believe he has magnificent potential to do so well at this club, but he is so lightweight and too afraid to do anything in the final third off the park

Sanchez has a good touch - FACT

Sanchez had a good touch in the opposition half - Eh No!

Sanchez can pass - FACT

Sanchez can pass in the opposition half - Eh No!

Well let's put that to the test with Odhiambo -

Eric has a good touch - No

Eric had a good touch in the opposition half - No

Eric can pass - No

Eric can pass in the opposition half - No

You say about goals, well sometimes scoring goals isn't everything. When Sanchez is playing, ICT always play better football. ICT is also one of those sides where usually if they play good football and keep the ball down, they usually create more chances. Maybe Sanchez doesn't score as many, but he certainly plays more of a part in a good team display when he's in the squad. Odhiambo does nothing but get clattered every 10 seconds.

for five flipping minutes folks. Both have skill, and BOTH have scored a few telling goals this season, but hey both are not built like the proverbial brick quasi. This is not there forteigh, Eric is a machine, slick and built for speed, pulling defences from side to side and creating a diversion for others. Sanchez is not built for speed, but possesses more natural skill, and when on his game creates a lot for others through passing. So two different styles. Remember Eric was out for a long time, Danni seems to have gone off the boil just for now. but I would rather them compared to some of the other numpties other teams have in this league.

Using the same template as others -

Both Sanchez and Odhiambo are completely new to the 1st division, and are adjusting well - FACT

Without either player ICT would not be in the position we are now - FACT

Both players offer something different to the team - FACT

Odhiambo has a cracking goal celebration - FACT

All 4 reasons why both players are and continue to be important to ICT.

Dani for me as well, although Eric is a fantastic option when he is used correctly. No use asking him to win balls in midfield or flick on headers, but get him to run at defenders and drop the shoulder then he is good.

Dani is skillful, of that there is no doubt.

The fans seem to be split on his inclusion, but in certain games we are crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and spray the passes, Danni is yer man. I thought he would have replaced Stratford today as he was least effective.

Sanchez is quicker on the ball, has a better touch and a better range of passing than Odhiambo

He has a good strike on him but he lacks composure more often than not.

Odhiambo is a decent finisher and has a decent bit of pace himself and i saw for the first time that he has a decent bit of skill on Saturday.

I like both players but in all honesty i think Sanchez is probably the better.

I was pretty pissed with Sanchez after his second chance but i still think hes pretty good, when used at the right times. To belame the first one on him is absolute rubbish! He had a great strike, but the defender did really well. Get a grip.