FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PALMERSTON PULSOMETER

In some ways I felt very sad as the final whistle blew. The sight of Butcher and all the players swopping appraise with the fans sAId it all but I simply love Dumbfries and I love Palmerston and it is beginning to look as if it will not be on my travel Itineray next season. And strangely enuff I felt quite buoyed by the Tinkerville victory and it felt that the two of us could put HighLAnd football firmly back on the map again.

Pre match it was like a meeting of feckin nations in the wee main Stand bar as Sneckites from Yorkshire, Brum, Coventry, Huddersfield and a newbie from Newcastle ALL bought me wee double voddies. :P :lol:

As fer the game the nervousness of Tuesday nite was clearly evident and led to the Queens nicking a goal early doors. Palmerston has never really been a great hunting ground fer us and some worried frowns were there to be seen. But credit to the boys as the goal actually seemed to wake them up and spur them on and personally I felt that we were the far better side from there on.

It would have been worse if it hadnt been for Rosscoe's goal line clearance just before the goal and Essons later positional sense. Their keeper Fox made two stunning saves - both from Eric I think - but we kept on plugging away and Foran and Rooney combined to bring us back level just before the break. Another example of the goal finishing prowess of Rooney.

I felt that we dominated the second half. Munro perhaps should have scored although he evidently made up fer it later. But Lady Luck was also shining on us yesterday. Craig was taken off injured, it looked like Queens had taken the lead when Kean smashed in a diving header but was ruled offside. Talking to the Queenies afterwards they did concede that he was offside which it didnt look like that from the other end. The ref certainly got a bit cheesed off with the Queenie back chat and started giving most of the decisions to us. Even Russeldhino noticed and was keeping his gob shut !!

I would have to say that Grantys' header was as good a headed goal as I have seen in some time - it didnt have smash in to the top corner - and he ran to his family afterwards and the ICT stand erupted. As far as I am concerned there was only one winner after that.

And Lady Luck struck again when the ref handed Harris a straight red for what was quite clearly a yellow card offence - Johnny Hayes was going nowhere when he was albeit cynically chopped down. I though that Harris's attempt to make a meal of an injury to himself may have influenced the decision. I actually thought a few of the Queenies heads went down after that.

The third goal was the relief maker and ecstasy producer. Foran, who had been stuggling with a leg injury, fired through a wonderful defence splitting ball and Rooney used up the very last of his energy cells ponced on it and cracked home yet another beauty - comparative with the Morton game.

Cue feckin bedlam - even the feckin sweetie rustlers tucked away their Jelly Babies and joined in the final songs and the acclaims at the end.

ESSON B) B) B) B) : Just you tell me who is a better keeper in the SFL - he is exuding confidence.

PROCTOR B) B) B) B) far more assured than Morton - nice to see a defender trying to pass the feckin ball

ROSSCOE B) B) B) B) B) Epitomised the ICT spirit - he was feckin awesome and had Sumo in his back pocket. What a goal line clearance as well.

GRANTY B) B) B) B) B) Best game for a long long time. Still at the hoof but he dominated throughout and what a feckin header.

GOLLY B) B) B) B) Does he get the opposition handfulls or wot - he stuck by his task however and stood his ground.

HAYES B) B) B) Not his best game but he was clearly singled out by Queens and was "double teamed" by them every time he got the ball. Have to say that he faded again in the second half but at least had the guile and pace to get Harris sent off.

DUNCAN / COX B) B) B) B) They are becoming one of the best defensive partnerships that I have witnessed for ICT. They never seem to get in each others way and seem to read each other intuitively. They simply bossed the midfield.

FORAN B) B) B) B) He also had a quieter game than usual but then again he made two of the goals with his experience and footballing skills. Pity we scored so late as he needed hooking earlier as he was clearly carrying an injury from an off the ball foul.

ERIC B) B) B) B) he will never be my cup of tea but it looks as if TB has decided that he is there to stay. He is lightweight, he cant defend and I dont think he does enuff to support Rooney BUT he looked a goal threat yesterday - how the goalie saved his strike - i do not know - and he set up foran for the cross fer the second goal.

ROONEY B) B) B) B) B) B) Simply feckin immense - he ran his guts out yesterday and provided us with one of the best lone striker displays that one could ask fer. RESPECT

BUTCHER B) B) B) B) B) Give him 4/5 for the game and an extra respect fer the way that he mustered the troops to acclaim the fans at the end. It was a more positive display than Morton - which albeit could have been becos of their early goal - but we looked to attack more than defend. I note that TB was dissapointed in the manner that we played - I wasnt - shure we could have played better but we have played worse and won as well. Job well done. We now need to rest the batteries fer another epic - but they looke like feckin Duracells to me. :D

ICT SUPPORT - B) B) B) B) B) Who is that loud mouthed, fat, grey haired, balding git ? And what did ya think of my "faither" ?>? :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Was going to put up my own smileyometer but IFA's done the hard work with his Pulsometer (and I'm not going to knick that idea as well :P )

Not far off my ratings although I thought Golly was caught out on a number of occasions with a long ball over the top, his pace and awareness is shot but he still has the determination to win any challenge he goes in for. I'd have given him :D :( :)

Esson also deserves a mention for the save before he got injured... crucial time in the match and he showed bravery to stand firm and take the knock.

Hayes had a hard time because there was no space to run into and the winger seemed to be doubling up with the full back any time he got the ball... it wasn't until Proctor decided to overlap that Hayes got more room and came into the game more.

Eric had the best game I've seen since Dundee... there is definitely a player in there waiting to come out, he needs to improve his work rate but I think he'll have a vital role in getting us promotion.

It's between Rossco & Foran for Motm both were absolutely outstanding..

Munro's celebration with the crowd after the goal was one of my highlights of the season.. tremendous header and his first thought was to celebrate with his fans... Granty has a lot of faults and not the favourite player with some fans but I've not been happier for a player to score..

Queens have an excellent team, which makes the 3 points all the more sweeter. If I thought there was anychance of getting him I'd be recommending Bob Harris to Butcher.. although he was sent off I thought he was one of the most influential players on the park beforehand

All of Granty's family were seated in the corner which he ran to but he had his best game in yonks. Nice to see that we continue to agree with each other Hairy. Plus who was the wee bald no 9 - I thoughtn that he was the best Queenie.

Love - IFA xx

:) :lol: :lol:

Sorry meant IHE.. that's what happens when you type while speaking with a financial advisor

No. 9 was either Paul Burns or Willie McLaren.. but yeh he gave Golly a torrid time