FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes to St Johnstone

tokelyisvictorious

If Richie Foran stayed with us when we went down it would seem a little strange for him to consider going elsewhere if we were back in the SPL?

He could easily have another year with us and then move on if he wished.

Can't we just enjoy the rest of the season first lads?

Thing is, some people obviously want to discuss this, you had a choice to "enjoy the rest of the season first" without entering into the debate. Why come to the thread and post this if you had no intention of joining in?

If Richie Foran stayed with us when we went down it would seem a little strange for him to consider going elsewhere if we were back in the SPL?

He could easily have another year with us and then move on if he wished.

I have a feeling that this season was Foran returning the favour to Butcher, I still hope and think that he will stay due to his connection with Butcher but like I say there is a niggling doubt attached.

It would make no differnece where the Central belt is too him and if we go up i doubt there would be much of a difference in wages between us and the Saints.

As for Foran well it's quite clear to see he loves his football up here, and with his best bud Butcher at the helm for another year that almost automatically makes him an established regular for next season, i reckon he'll be here.

I also agree with Scotty, Rooney's deal needs extended and Cox deserves a new deal as well, he is starting to show his form again.

and Cox deserves a new deal as well, he is starting to show his form again.

Agreed, but I'm very concerned that County might use their cup money to sign him. And weren't there once rumours that Brewster likes Cox?

:)

Agreed, but I'm very concerned that County might use their cup money to sign him. And weren't there once rumours that Brewster likes Cox?

:)

Class! :lol:

:tonguecheek:

I could be mistaken but after Queens reached the final they didn't go on to spend loads on player wages and steal them from bigger clubs did they? I'm pretty confident County won't be stealing our players and it'll be the other way around. They have some good players that could do a job for us in the SPL. They ain't playing one of the OF in the final either so filling hampden isn't going to be as easy, meaning even less money than a normal cup final.

Managers, when their own team is not playing, will always take in another game and watch out for players. Until, and unless, any of our squad sign pre-contracts, or sign for another team then I will assume they are happy doing what they do and will be signing on for us again when our destiny is secured.

All of our out of contract players have been free to sign pre contract agreements with other clubs since January. The encouraging thing is that none have so far done so. I anticipate that the bulk of the squad will re-sign provided we are in the top[ league next season.

I would have thought that the players out of contract are all too focussed on winning a return to the SPL to entertain any deals from other clubs.

Hopefully we can round them all up on a high after we are mathematically champions. Butcher is a clever man, and he'll use ever possible argument to win them round.

I'm also pretty sure he'll be looking to strengthen almost every area of the pitch (with the exception of Esson in goals).

was there not rumour that roy mcbain had signed a pre-contract at county around january? Not sure though

Anyway, I'd love Hayes to stay, as with the 'spine' of the club i.e. foran, rossco, esson, rooney, cox, munro, golly and dare i even say it, russell duncan...

I would, however, like to see backup for duncan and golly. Stratford and JibbyJabby dont fill me with too much confidence. I also think Narius will come good but he needs games.

How good is Kyle alison should Esson get injured/suspended... is he as Fraser for Brown, or as Ridgers for Fraser?

was there not rumour that roy mcbain had signed a pre-contract at county around january? Not sure though

Anyway, I'd love Hayes to stay, as with the 'spine' of the club i.e. foran, rossco, esson, rooney, cox, munro, golly and dare i even say it, russell duncan...

I would, however, like to see backup for duncan and golly. Stratford and JibbyJabby dont fill me with too much confidence. I also think Narius will come good but he needs games.

How good is Kyle alison should Esson get injured/suspended... is he as Fraser for Brown, or as Ridgers for Fraser?

I've seen him play a couple of times and each time I thought he looked a bit dodgy.

All of our out of contract players have been free to sign pre contract agreements with other clubs since January. The encouraging thing is that none have so far done so,

I assume you have inside knowledge on that? Is it possible that pre-contracts could be signed without your consent? :)

But seriously though it's all speculation, not even rumours.

I heard he may have signed for aberdeen along with foran :026:

Nah, I'm sure they want to play SPL football next season.

hehe

good one

It's very possible.

I'm not worried about McGhee coming even if he was watching our players, was there not reports he had a ridiculous number of players on his shortlist? Then again if he saw Foran, Rooney or Hayes he'd soon realise they could do a better job than his lot. He may not even be in a job by the end of the season.

McGhee why all this fuss? the guy is along with his team a DUD his team is full of duds who one minute he is clearing out then next saying that he is giving them extra time to sign deals etc, he has totally been found out at Aberdeen and just listen to some of his interviews, Celtic should consider themselves fortunate they only had Mowbry!!! Hayes may go but to Aberdeen? Cumon