FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Guinness book of records

big man

We must be heading for the Guinness book of records for the number of testimonials we have been involved in.

It just demonstrates the family type of club we are.

So who has had testimonials in the past? Charlie Christie, Jim Calder, Alan Hercher and Ross Tokely. There must be a few more i just can't think.

Edited...Barry Wilson

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

Certainly worth exploring. Especially in this day 'n age where players are always on the move. I think testimonials will become a thing of the past very shortly.

Grant starts his in July and Russell is close behind

We must be heading for the Guinness book of records for the number of testimonials we have been involved in.

It just demonstrates the family type of club we are.

So who has had testimonials in the past? Charlie Christie, Jim Calder, Alan Hercher and Ross Tokely. There must be a few more i just can't think.

Edited...Barry Wilson

Richard Hastings

He never got his.

I was at his dinner but maybe not completed as with others

He left before his game could be played.

Are we not already in the Guiness Book of Records for the longest club name in the world?

No, Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club is the longest name in Britain but there are a few bigger ones. Some Icelandic teams have much bigger names.

He never got his.

I was at his dinner but maybe not completed as with others

He left before his game could be played.

Not strictly true, but it was a factor. He did have his dinner and there was a gold day planned but it was cancelled and the game was never organised. He would have been allowed to play it though if a team could have been organised.

So he did have a testimonial, just didn't have as many events as other may have had.

That must beat the record of the oldest player to ever play in Scottish league football. Who is actually none other than Jim Calder! He holds the previous record when he turned out for Peterhead, at the age of 47.

Are we not already in the Guiness Book of Records for the longest club name in the world?

Aparently, the full name of NAC Breda of Holland is Nooit Opgeven Altijd Doorgaan Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nutting Door Ontspanning Combinatie Breda. This must be in with a shout for longest name.