FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch invasion(s)

Murchie

I assume you were one of those who were either in the terracing by the burger van or in the stand. Basically where all the sweetie rustlers were.

Yes, I am one of the sweetie rustlers and did not invade the pitch. However as a season ticket holder who has been to all the home matches, cup and league, as well as the majority of the away games I think I have the right to celebrate how I want. And I don't want the club to incur a fine. I just hope that all those who invaded the pitch now buy season tickets, support the team through good and bad times, and don't just turn out to be glory hunters. There were quite a few "supporters" yesterday in blue tops - old scum blue tops.

Ecxuse any typing errors but now that I am home just having a wee celebratory shandy!

Old scum blue tops? What are you trying to say there?

You have no right to criticise the boys in the way they celebrated, just the same that we have no right to criticise the way you celebrated. I never went on the pitch until after the final whistle ( and then I just ambled on with a few guys when they opened the gate).

No harm was done, and the club haven't come out and said something (which I am sure that they will do if they got fined). Also notice how not one other supporter from another club have complained about it - probably because they would have done the same thing. Let the boys enjoy it, and don't detract from what was good natured joviality handled in the right way.

Before you jump on your high horse at the hearach I think they were referring to certain fans in rangers tops at the game. I'd also like to know why a supporter of ICT would go to a game in a rankers top.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you were one of those who were either in the terracing by the burger van or in the stand. Basically where all the sweetie rustlers were.

Yes, I am one of the sweetie rustlers and did not invade the pitch. However as a season ticket holder who has been to all the home matches, cup and league, as well as the majority of the away games I think I have the right to celebrate how I want. And I don't want the club to incur a fine. I just hope that all those who invaded the pitch now buy season tickets, support the team through good and bad times, and don't just turn out to be glory hunters. There were quite a few "supporters" yesterday in blue tops - old scum blue tops.

Ecxuse any typing errors but now that I am home just having a wee celebratory shandy!

Two contradictory points today Hearach.

1. A hearach drinking shandy?? Not a chance.

2. You'd be more pleasing on the eye than Erica Rowe. :lol:

Cheeky burger, I thought I'd got off without anyone seeing that :blush02: I did give him my scarf in way of thanks.

Looks like I wasn't the only one to spot it....smile for the camera!!!!

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

knickers are being unnecessarily twisted here. Are sunday nights that boring? This is a non argument, the SFL are quite able to distinguish between exuberant celebration (which they won't fine anyone for) or rampant hooliganism (which they would) The points deduction thing is nonsense. The club would be warned, fined and then other sanctions taken (unless the offence was so dire as to skip the first two, such as a deliberate attempt to have a game abandoned) Yesterday was one of the best days in the history of this club, please, please don't detract from it by grumbling about non-issues like the guy in the morph suit, the irish flag (I tried to intervene in this one - the guy complaining was gubbed) or imaginary sanctions about imaginary offences. I know that Richard Gordon was mildly irritated (instead of being midly irritating as per usual) but he's not the arbiter of anything. Be happy, people. :blush02:

knickers are being unnecessarily twisted here. Are sunday nights that boring? This is a non argument, the SFL are quite able to distinguish between exuberant celebration (which they won't fine anyone for) or rampant hooliganism (which they would) The points deduction thing is nonsense. The club would be warned, fined and then other sanctions taken (unless the offence was so dire as to skip the first two, such as a deliberate attempt to have a game abandoned) Yesterday was one of the best days in the history of this club, please, please don't detract from it by grumbling about non-issues like the guy in the morph suit, the irish flag (I tried to intervene in this one - the guy complaining was gubbed) or imaginary sanctions about imaginary offences. I know that Richard Gordon was mildly irritated (instead of being midly irritating as per usual) but he's not the arbiter of anything. Be happy, people. :blush02:

Well said Davie

Hear hear, cracking post Davie

This.

Reading this forum just now you wouldn't think that we had won the league.

I'm with Scotty on this one, and whilst I chose not to join in the first twice I was on the pitch at the final whistle.

It probably shouldn't have happened but it was always going to and it did....so it's a "hey ho" as opposed to "bah humbug" from me.

It didn't really cause any delay, the fans were on, celebrated and off and it took no longer than player celebration and return to the centre for the re-start. Ref didn't look particularly surprised or perturbed and stewards handled it appropriately without creating any undue problems or carting anyone off....which might have happened in many other places we've visited this season.

All I would add is that I hope the fans don't get carried away when we start pumping the goals past Dundee next week. Let's keep the partying to the stands until the final whistle and give nobody any excuse to rain on the parade.

I also refrained from the first two breaches of the perimeter fence - but could not contain myself for the final whistle.

I did also hold my young son back from celebrating the 6/7th goals on the pitch - a part of me wishes I let him on but for most I think I have done the right thing. At least he still has the memory of running on the pitch at full time where he ran to his favourite players ands duly congratulated them.

Maybe the title of this thread is misleading because in essence there was no pitch invasion just a pitch CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES CMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with Davie too but its a shame that some people can't spot the tongue in cheek remarks (of which there have been a lot in the last 24 hours) and simply ignore them if they don't appreciate the gentle humour. I think some folks brains have been addled by either too much refreshment last night or they simply can't cope with having nothing to criticise the team for.

For my part the "invasions" were clearly harmless high spirits and should be a non issue.

By the way, did anybody bring back any of the turf from the pitch? There's a bare patch on my lawn which needs replacing.

I do hope that there are no ramifications for the club for the pitch invasions prior to the full time whistle. My view is that there shouldnt be an invasion of the pitch until the full time whistle. As we had already won the league and the game was in the bag, i didnt see the point in fans running on the pitch for the 6th and 7th goal but fair enough at the full time whistle!!!!

You may have hit the proverbial nail there DD. There are people who, for a big part if the season, always found something about the club or the team to complain about.

The team achieves exactly what they set out to do at the start of the season so there is no complaint there. Dillemma......I know, lets pick on those who want to enjoy the success.

You are right, it should not really happen, but if I was twenty years younger I would have been on the pitch as well. It all added to the occasion and it really was just one big party. The only people complaining about it are our own pc fans.

Another mountain out of a molehill

knickers are being unnecessarily twisted here. Are sunday nights that boring? This is a non argument, the SFL are quite able to distinguish between exuberant celebration (which they won't fine anyone for) or rampant hooliganism (which they would) The points deduction thing is nonsense. The club would be warned, fined and then other sanctions taken (unless the offence was so dire as to skip the first two, such as a deliberate attempt to have a game abandoned) Yesterday was one of the best days in the history of this club, please, please don't detract from it by grumbling about non-issues like the guy in the morph suit, the irish flag (I tried to intervene in this one - the guy complaining was gubbed) or imaginary sanctions about imaginary offences. I know that Richard Gordon was mildly irritated (instead of being midly irritating as per usual) but he's not the arbiter of anything. Be happy, people. :lol:

Spot on Davie. Its just poor show if people can only moan. Yesterday was one of the greatest days of my life - let alone the clubs - and i will remember it for all my days. Its a farce that people will find something to complain about such as a morphsuit and an IRISH FLAG! Would they complain if it was a Spanish Flag for Sanchez? I think some people really need to take a look at themselves.

Now lets stop posting moany ***** and have a good time Lads and Ladies.

What a feeling it was running on the pitch at full time.

Put ourselves all the way beack to new year, I doubt anybody (apart from WOUW) thought we would be running onto a pitch to celebrate the title.

As said before the first 2 mini invasions caused no problem, the two stewards who were infront of the goal originally just conceded that we were going to run onto the pitch and sensibly let us get on with it - proper good stewarding for a change from certain away grounds this year.

Personally - I am disgusted at the behaviour and the videos of the offenders should be sent to the Constabulary to add to their list of hooligans - all peeple with records should be banned fer life - we should be heavily fined and have nine points deducted.

what sort of records are we talking about? Daniel O'Donnell ones?

Boyish enthusiasm boiling over.

There will be no ramifications because it was good natured, it had no effect on the relegation or promotion battle and you spent a ton of money in the pubs and maybe elsewhere in Ayr soooo..... what's one wee Pitch invasion between friends.

C.monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.. Forgive an forget and enjoy next week to the full. How often does this happen to a wee Highland team with a big heart. From the posts on here from all over it sure sounds as if the title win is popular in Scottish football....eh?

Smile