FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee release 16 Players

caleyrule

"Out of contract Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Darren Young and Bob Malcolm and Player of the Year Jim Lauchlan, as well as loanees Ryan O'Leary, Andrew Shinnie and Ben Hutchinson will be leaving Dens, while Ritchie Hart, Maros Klimpl, Chris Casement and Bryan Deasley have been told that they can find new clubs."

From the Dundee website,

Seems BIG changes at Dundee

That's pretty drastic, talk about knocking it down and starting again! There's also the possibility that they'll get good offers for Griffiths (St J) and Harkins, who can't be overly keen on another season in that league.

Obvious question is, which of those released players would we be interested in?

We need a stronger backup keeper so maybe Bullock? He has such an affinity with our fans.

It seems like a case of shifting the blame to me. Of course they will be desparately disappointed not to have won promotion but they are not a bad team and these are not bad players. They won the Alba cup and came 2nd in the league only because of an exceptional run from an exceptional side. If Dundee were to keep the current squad they would still be a good bet for promotion next year if only they could get the right manager to get the best out of them. This will be great news at Victoria Park.

:lol::lol: :025:

I wouldn't mind Bullock as a substitute keeper, he's always been decent and he does love the Caley fans!

Of course, this isn't the first time Bullock has found himself on a list. :025:

There's a good few players in that list I wouldn't mind having. Hart for the Sanchez/Odi role? Kimpl is SPL quality. Colin Cameron? Good player but prefer to go younger. Maybe if Duncan went (I know he still has a contract). Lauchlan naturally. Possibly a few others. Could be a rich hunting ground if we move fast.

Only players from there I would even consider signing would be Klimpl and Shinnie. I really rate the latter, although I am a bit unsure of Klimpl as he seems to be a bit of a hit and miss as far as form is concerned.

I'd have Hart back. Not Kerr though!

I wouldn't. Waste of money. Why buy a player who would only be a squad player? He wouldn't get ahead of Foran or Hayes.

His natural position is actually the centre of the midfield.

Guest Mahonio

"Out of contract Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Darren Young and Bob Malcolm and Player of the Year Jim Lauchlan, as well as loanees Ryan O'Leary, Andrew Shinnie and Ben Hutchinson will be leaving Dens, while Ritchie Hart, Maros Klimpl, Chris Casement and Bryan Deasley have been told that they can find new clubs."

From the Dundee website,

Fro that list i would go for MacKenzie, O'Leary and Klimpl and maybe Young and Hutchinson if he would go but i suppose that counts for them all :004: .

From the Dundee website,

Fro that list i would go for MacKenzie, O'Leary and Klimpl and maybe Young and Hutchinson if he would go but i suppose that counts for them all :004: .

Wouldn't take any of them. MacKenzie is off to MK Dons is he not?