FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee release 16 Players

caleyrule

Blimey 16 players, do you think we've upset them?

Says in the paper it may be more if the existing ones don't give it their all.

They will probably look to buy up the best of the first division as it will kill off their competition and 2nd place may guarantee promotion anyway.

Blimey 16 players, do you think we've upset them?

Says in the paper it may be more if the existing ones don't give it their all.

They will probably look to buy up the best of the first division as it will kill off their competition and 2nd place may guarantee promotion anyway.

Yes, that would be the best way, but difficult to do, for example, Rooney and Hayes weren't obvious starlets from the off, so Dundee may have bought Barrowman. It's kind of like playing Fantasy Football in the Sun, every year I look back and see some of the players that have the biggest points and were ones that were not billed as big players. I think Dundee have just set themselves back another year, as they are going to have a squad of strangers, and that will take time to get right. Falkirk (or Killie) will prove tough opposition, and County and Dunfermline will also be up there, so I think Dundee are doing the right thing as those players had no mettle or fight, but it is going to be tough this year unless Chisholm gets it perfect in the transfer window...

"Out of contract Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Darren Young and Bob Malcolm and Player of the Year Jim Lauchlan, as well as loanees Ryan O'Leary, Andrew Shinnie and Ben Hutchinson will be leaving Dens, while Ritchie Hart, Maros Klimpl, Chris Casement and Bryan Deasley have been told that they can find new clubs."

From the Dundee website,

Seems BIG changes at Dundee

Bullock - ?

Soutar - ?

Eddie Malone - ?

Darren Young - ?

Bob Malcolm - Yes

Ritchie Hart - Yes

Klimpl - Yes

I'd probably take Shinnie or Hutchison on loan too.

He could easily play in the SPL as a squad player at least; I for one would love to see him back in an ICT shirt! Surely he'd prefer that to another season in the first division.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hart go to County, especially if they lose some of the players who have grabbed attention this season, eg Gardyne.
Edited by Wyness13

With little Leigh in trouble with the Polis the word 'release' suggest they were either incarcerated or traumatised.

Bob Malcolm was a disaster for them. I doubt if Hart will make it back to Ross County - what has he achieved this season?

It does seem unfair, this is the team that came second in the league behind a top class set of players, and the management of Dundee lay all the blame on 16 people plus Jocky.

With little Leigh in trouble with the Polis the word 'release' suggest they were either incarcerated or traumatised.

Bob Malcolm was a disaster for them. I doubt if Hart will make it back to Ross County - what has he achieved this season?

It does seem unfair, this is the team that came second in the league behind a top class set of players, and the management of Dundee lay all the blame on 16 people plus Jocky.

Heavens they are bitter...

Why are we concentrating on 1st division players whyh not look at the lower leagues in England I mean most of our star players this year came from there and I am sure Terry has his eye already down there for a few more.

Why are we concentrating on 1st division players whyh not look at the lower leagues in England I mean most of our star players this year came from there and I am sure Terry has his eye already down there for a few more.

Why not both?

Roddy Mackenzie has been released by Livi, has been at SPL before and is 34 (experienced) and has his coaching badges (well some). Would be a good should for a back up I reckon and he could take the youth keepers perhaps?

I'd actually take Malone (as good as we've if not better at Left Back) Malcolm (pants for Dundee but was good at Well at SPL level) Hart (decent enough for a squad player at least and has connection with club) and Klimp (thought he was good in SPL too)

I reckon a cheeky bid for Curier wouldn't go amiss. Might feel cheated by Dundee and want to stay in SPL. Though reckon he'd choose Hamilton over us.

Why do people say that so and so would be good as a squad player? Squad players are those who are taken in to do a job but are not at the level perceived when they were signed.

We should (and I'm sure Terry is) be looking to improve the squad rather than just expand it.