FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

6 players let go

Sorry to see Bully go, distribution a bit suspect at times and would not get away with it in SPL.

Allison unfortunate

Eagle, maybe could have provided some back up to Hayes

Lionel - was never going to hack it in SPL now

Duff - really sorry injury has possibly wrecked what looked to be a promising career

Statford - never really got a run in team, so unsure

Have to trust Butcher and would hope he signs Esson soon, glad to see Hayes signed up too

Tokely???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mahonio

I am not surprised by these releasings apart from maybe Duff who i felt should have been given at least a chance pre-season to show that he was worth a new deal.

Djebi-Zadi- He was mistake prone and also his reaction to coming out of the tunnel for trophy presentation said it all for me, i mean he reluctantly clapped and did not smile and was even walking out slowly.

:lol:

That's some great expert opinion for that lot from someone who was only at one game!

:lol: :021: :) What the hell has that got to do with this thread? :D :angry:

I work in the bar up at the Golf Club in Thurso and the Summer is the busiest time of the season, as NickyDoc will tell you, and even in the winter there is 20 plus golfers out but TBH i don't know what i post this for as it has nothing to do with this thread but i WILL NOT TOLERATE getting criticised for missing out on matches due to work so i am affraid i am going to report your post due to personal criticism :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edit- i was using bad language in the heat of the moment but feel i have every right to but don't want to risk a warning :)

Edited by Mahonio

No surprises there at all for me. If, and that's a big if - Duffs rehab goes well, it's entirely possible that he could be re-signed once he's fit and able enough to play.

Can't say I'm sorry to see LDZ, Bulvitis, or Stratford go. Eagle would have been a massive gamble when I feel Butcher has all ready taken a gamble on Sanchez.

You're missing my point entirely. I would never criticise anyone for not being able to attend games. I myself have been in the situation where it was impossible to attend games. What has my point to do with this thread? It has everything to do with this thread. You're giving an opinion on a whole bunch of players, yet you've only physically attended one game this season. To me that makes you unqualified to give a proper opinion. Look at it this way. I myself have only attended two away games this season. Some people claim that certain players play better away from home. That may be true, it may not be, but I myself would never give an opinion on a certain player's away performances. Why? Because I am in no qualified position to do so. You even back up one of your points by saying that a player walked out slowly! Says it all really.

Guest Mahonio

You're missing my point entirely. I would never criticise anyone for not being able to attend games. I myself have been in the situation where it was impossible to attend games. What has my point to do with this thread? It has everything to do with this thread. You're giving an opinion on a whole bunch of players, yet you've only physically attended one game this season. To me that makes you unqualified to give a proper opinion. Look at it this way. I myself have only attended two away games this season. Some people claim that certain players play better away from home. That may be true, it may not be, but I myself would never give an opinion on a certain player's away performances. Why? Because I am in no qualified position to do so. You even back up one of your points by saying that a player walked out slowly! Says it all really.

So your now saying i can't give opinions on players full stop because i have only been to 1 game this season, god i must have upset you in some way :lol: :021: ?

Regarding the bold and underlined bit, yet another criticism of me i think, god i am not going to post on here if i get slated for what i say :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: .

Please, someone defend me here :) :D :angry: :angry: .

Edited by Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Nobody is interested in the petty bickering and point scoring...take it to PM and away from the forum. Thanks.

Consider it done. :004: :004: :004:

Wonder whats happening with Golly & Rossco? seems all quiet on the Longman front.

Golly, McBain, Proctor, Tokely and Esson have all been offered new deals.

Looking back, Butcher was similarly ruthless last summer. Nobody was happy to see Vigurs, Sutherland, Wood and Pavels punted but in the long term it turned out to be the right decision.

:004: how an earth was it the right decision to let him go. IMHO he was one of the most promising youngsters to ever grace TCS and look at him now.

Looking back, Butcher was similarly ruthless last summer. Nobody was happy to see Vigurs, Sutherland, Wood and Pavels punted but in the long term it turned out to be the right decision.

:004: how an earth was it the right decision to let him go. IMHO he was one of the most promising youngsters to ever grace TCS and look at him now.

Whilst I rated him highly as a player, his attitude was apparently pretty bad and was consistently late for training.

Whilst I rated him highly as a player, his attitude was apparently pretty bad and was consistently late for training.

There was also that court case in Aberdeen hanging over his head... :023:

:023: how an earth was it the right decision to let him go. IMHO he was one of the most promising youngsters to ever grace TCS and look at him now.

Not sure where the 'attitude' rumour sprung from but given that Brewster was a stickler for training it would seem strange he would put up with it from any player and then let him join the next club he was at.

After a good start and a bad patch, Bully was beginning to hit some great form towards the end. So not too pleased to see him go, but politics or language may have been at the root of things. We have a new centre back anyway. Tokely to name. In fact they swapped positions in the last few games.

Stratford, of the English signings never really did it, but Eagle also seemed to be coming on again towards the end.

Shame on Duff and Alison though.

And as for Lionel, like a ticking bomb, he will explode somewhere else.

How many new players do you will we need? Assuming all the others sign up...

In Defence:

- A backup keeper for Esson

- First choice right back as Proctor isn't up to it &/or a first choice centre back so Rossco can switch back

- another left back as cover or for the first team

Midfield is pretty well covered

Upfront cover for Rooney as our whole system revolves around him and I doubt any other player could perform the role he does

By my reckoning at least 5. Thoughts??

Assuming the players offered contracts all sign then i would think we would need:

GK

1 x back up keeper

1 x young keeper to play in the U19 league and provide cover

DEF

1 x Left Back

2 x Centre Half

MID

1 x Attacking midfielder

STR

1 x Striker as cover for Rooney

Defence is a priority IMO

Sorry for Duff, he always looked a good prospect for the future to me. :023:

Not a bad thing to have a clear out this early as it gives plenty scope to bring fresh faces in, as we will need quite a few for SPL.

Would like to see a bit more experience coming in, a couple with SPL experience if possible as it will be a long season and we need to push on where we can.

I'm sure there are targets that have been identified.

Why do ICT never seem to have any more than 2 goalkeepers at a time? Most clubs have 4 or 5 keepers; 3 at the very least.

My understanding is that if required, ICT can pick up most Highland league keepers at will. Im pretty sure Ali Ridgers has come back from the highland league a couple of times as back up. It just doesn't make sense to waste a wage on the basis that two other keepers might get injured.

Without knowing who our transfer targets are, here's how I envisage us lining up next season:

Esson

[Right Back] Tokely Munro McBain

Duncan Cox

Hayes [attacking midfielder] Foran

Rooney

Proctor is not an SPL quality right back, but is a useful squad player

Golabek will not be able to produce the goods in the SPL. Butcher must all ready realise that McBain can play there as that's where he was against Ayr.

Odhiambo will be good coming off the bench and running at tired defenders, but I feel we need someone with real quality in the attacking midfielder role to be able to control the game and dictate the attacking play.