ICT Forum days out

Joonya

I was going to post this in the general nonsense section, but felt as it'll involve forum members, here was perhaps the best place initially. If a moderator wants to sticky it or move it, then cool...

Anyway, As you will all know, I help organise and participate in the annual Highland March at the end of every season.

I also enjoy walking at any time, but it has dawned on me (it's only taken the best part of 8 years) that walking alone to train for such events can be boring, despite the fantastic scenary of the local area to keep you going.

Whilst on a walk today, I was thinking about Gringo Peeg Outings - a pub-crawl-esque walk along the towpaths around the west midlands organised by my old man - and thought it would be a good idea to do a similar up here, involving forum personel.

The way it would work is simple... if myself or anyone else has a day off work and plans a nice walk somewhere, post it on the forum to inform people who may be interested. People can then make their own arrangements to get to the rendezvous and home again.

I must admit, I prefer long walks of 15+ miles, and on occasions stretch this to 25-30 miles, but if anyone fancies joinin me or has their own outing planned, post it.

I must admit, I prefer long walks of 15+ miles, and on occasions stretch this to 25-30 miles

Whoah. Fair play to ya.

(I walked up Arthur's Seat last week, and then along the top of Salisbury Crags. I thought I was cooking on gas, but maybe not :021: )

If it's a pint and a walk that you're after then your local is about half a mile away, just give us a shout on the way past. :021:

My next available day off for a walk is wednesday 16th june.

If people who may be interested could leave their names on this thread or send me a PM, I will look into a nice easy 8-10 mile day (possibly 12 :P ).

If there is no interest I will simply head out on a longer walk as is the norm. It would, however, be great to have some company, and I will also keep a record of peoples' individual miles like I do for Highland March, so that you know when you reach a certain milestone.