FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

new signings?

hasman82

I think this is an excellent signing! For a few reasons:

He was one of the players that pulled Gretna up from the 3rd Division. (Just like Tokely, Munro et al)

Has played in Scottish Cup and League Cup Finals.

Will be another old head for the many young promising talents to learn wiseness from.

Is in a key position and will be pushing Tokely and Munro all the way.

Experienced, tall, committed.

I thought a month ago when he was released and had 2 SPL clubs interested that I hope ICT is one.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Innes, Golly and Tokely in the same defence, we will be ripped apart. Poor signing IMO.

You really think Golabek will be a regular next season?

I get that because he is old and been around the block then some people think he will be no good but TB said himself he has tryed to get in younger players but has struggled. There is only so much a club like ourselves can do.

I'm fine with Butcher looking down south for young released players to take a chance on as forwards, wingers and midfielders but in the centre of defence I'm happy we've gone for the only other option available, an old experienced journey man with SPL experience.

If Tokely or Munro were injured tomorrow I'd much prefer having Innes as a replacement than some young player with little or no first team experience.

Welcome aboard

This. I have absolutley no problems with this signing. With the dearth of centre halfs about Butcher will be left with using under 19's or signing someone very young from elsewhere. With Munro, Tokely and now Innes we now have a pool of experience to help such a young player come through. The fact that his signing will leave some extra room in the budget helps too.

Agree with the relatively postive posts above. We currently only have Tokely and Munro as options in the middle and Tokely has played the vast majority of his career as a right back. Innes is an experienced option who hasn't done pretty well at St Mirren.

Innes, Golly and Tokely in the same defence, we will be ripped apart. Poor signing IMO.

Is McCann quick? Let's hope so otherwise well have one of the slowest defences in the SPL.

I don't think so. Going by what Hibs fans were saying on Hibs.net, despite having some good points to his game, his pace is not one of them.

Im a little suprised about the negativity about our latest signing and how we are going to suffer from a lack of pace. i agree the core of our defence is not the fastest however they are experienced professionals who have come up against many pacey player before and will play against many pacy players in the future. There are many ways to combat a pacy player and matching them for pace is just one such way. Sitting deep is another, marking a pacy player with two defenders to ensure he doesnt get the ball is another, tight marking is another. Fortunately we have two former international defenders in Butcher and Malpas who should by now have passed on their experiences of dealing with pace.

Bobby Mann is a prime example of how players with lack of pace can still defend well, i'm not saying he was never beaten for pace but he was experienced enough to know how to deal with pacy players and often managed to snuff out attacks before pace became an issue. IMO he proved that lack of pace is not the be all and end all of a player.

I feel the addition of Innes to the team will provide much needed back up and experience and providing we can sign a left back to challenge Golly or indeed come in at first choice then we should have a reasonably strong defence.

Is McCann quick? Let's hope so otherwise well have one of the slowest defences in the SPL.

I don't think so. Going by what Hibs fans were saying on Hibs.net, despite having some good points to his game, his pace is not one of them.

He seemed reasonably quick against Forres - Maybe no usain bolt but certainly not a snail :rolleyes:

Agree with the relatively postive posts above. We currently only have Tokely and Munro as options in the middle and Tokely has played the vast majority of his career as a right back. Innes is an experienced option who hasn't done pretty well at St Mirren.

Do you not mean "has done"? St. Mirren fans seemed to think he did a decent job for them.