FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

new signings?

hasman82

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays Daily Express has a story saying that Butcher is keen to take Stuart Duff back here on a permanent deal.

Really? He said last week he wasn't looking at him. Mayb'e he has changed his mind.

Todays Daily Express has a story saying that Butcher is keen to take Stuart Duff back here on a permanent deal.

Really? He said last week he wasn't looking at him. Mayb'e he has changed his mind.

Its just a small article, no link unfortunately, entitled 'Butchers hopeful of doing Duff Deal'

The jist of the article is: Former Aberdeen and Dundee united utility man Stuart Duff could be handed an SPL lifeline by newly-promoted Inverness...........Butcher, who worked with Duff as a youngster at Tannadice, signed him on a short-term loan last season and is now hoping to take him to the Highlands on a permanent basis.

I'd take him back. He was solid for us when on loan, and offers a bit of cover at right back and midfield.

There were quite a few Dons fans in Aberdeen sad to see him go, as he was one of the very few players to always give 100%.

I'd take him back. He was solid for us when on loan, and offers a bit of cover at right back and midfield.

There were quite a few Dons fans in Aberdeen sad to see him go, as he was one of the very few players to always give 100%.

Mark McGhee said that if Aberdeen didn't do well in the market he would try to take him back and given the way things are going for Dons having lost Kerr, Mulgrew, Grassi etc it wouldn't suprise me if he did.

I wouldn't mind Duff back, another experienced head to keep the youngsters on the ground, as said he looked a good option in midfield and he said himself that he enjoyed his time here.

Thought that bucther was not intrested in him at all.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back at the club :)

Glad to read in the P&J this morning that a move for Duff has been ruled out

Theres a slightly contrasting story in the Highland News, it says Duff has once again been linked with a move although it mentions that he may be playing a waiting game to see if Aberdeen offer him a new deal

Glad to read in the P&J this morning that a move for Duff has been ruled out

Just read the P&J article here

Butcher said: ?At this moment in time we are not pursuing Stuart Duff. He did well for us on loan last year, but we are looking at other players just now.

?We are trying to make things happen in terms of bringing new players in and I am hopeful we can get something done before the end of the week.?

Butcher will not make a decision on trialists Andrew Milne, Callum Morris and Darren Lough until he can watch the players in action.

Inverness play their first pre-season game against Clach at Grant Street Park on Thursday, July 15 and all three are expected to feature against the Highland League side.

I wonder where the newspapers get their stories from. Yesterday's Star had Duff on trial with us. Another daily, when reporting on the two signings, stated that both players had impressed in trials prior to signing. Considering the squad only got back together on monday how much trial time did the two have?

I wonder where the newspapers get their stories from. Yesterday's Star had Duff on trial with us. Another daily, when reporting on the two signings, stated that both players had impressed in trials prior to signing. Considering the squad only got back together on monday how much trial time did the two have?

The Inverness Courier and The sun are both now reporting that Duff is no longer a target

So what position is Blumenshtein? I've read some reports that say he's a striker, though others say he's a midfielder. So which one is he, or is he both?

Sounds like he can play anywhere across the front line. Old fashioned attacker i guess. He can play with either foot which adds an extra dimension to his play

Old fashioned attacker i guess. He can play with either foot which adds an extra dimension to his play

I'm hoping that his Special Forces training might bring another dimension too. If an opposition player is ever "rolling about like he's been shot" Gil will be out of the country before anyone has even noticed.

Good news, glad to see we have finally dabbled in the market. A keeper was a priority so i am very glad we now have cover for esson. This blumenshtein seems promising, hopefully he can fit in to our attack. I guess he will be fighting for erics place as he wont dethrown rooney hayes of foran

Not unless ICT change to 4-4-2 with Hayes and Foran on either wing with Blumenshtein partnering Rooney up front.

The thought of this turned me on.

Surely it would could still be a 4-2-3-1 with Gil playing in the middle of the 3 behind the striker (ie the Odiambho/Sanchez role in da hole)

Im all for signing young hungry players. They will be eager to prove themselves and have alot of energy. I'd take Duff back because he works hard and is versatile.

I don't want journeymen just because they are experienced. There is a generally a reason why they keep getting moved on.

Said in the Courier that we have ruled out a move for Duff now but havent ruled out the possibility of signing him should he still be available in the near future.

Thinking of Starting this young striker so early into his ICT career is madness IMO. He is an unknown quantity and could prove to be anything. We just do not know yet. But don't build him up without even seeing him. Because you are just setting him up for an even greater fall.

Old fashioned attacker i guess. He can play with either foot which adds an extra dimension to his play

I'm hoping that his Special Forces training might bring another dimension too. If an opposition player is ever "rolling about like he's been shot" Gil will be out of the country before anyone has even noticed.

He didn't do national service he left and came to europe to avoid doing it. (according to his wikipidea page)