FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

new signings?

hasman82

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to go off the subject a bit but that is Inverness Caledonian Thistle translated to Hebrew above.

However if you translate it back to english you get this, "Quality of January is a thistle of Caladonian"

Nice!

To break that apart, it seems like Inverness = Quality of January = Cold.

Morris and Lough not getting deals...

P&J Story

Pitty about Morris, Lough didn't strike me as anything special. Wouldn't suprise me if we get some more trialists in this week. Pre Season has been really good so far.

Notice Butcher says that neither can be offered anything "at the moment". That could mean that they could be offered something if their trials at Stockport are not successful. And another point, could that mean that they could play against ICT next week?

Tee hee to Ross County who have spent the last month trying to sign him.

I think he is a good signing. An experienced centre half who has played fairly well wherever he has gone. Whether he is cover or going to be a regular player well then we will wait and see.

The fact that he left St Mirren does not really bother me. For all we know he left becuase Gus McPherson left. Looking at the current set of defenders on their books i'd say he was one of the best.

Keep the new players coming Butch...

We need experienced cover at centre back and Innes should provide it - Rosscoe hasn't much experience of playing there in the SPL. Not exactly a long-term solution, but in the best case scenario this could turn out to be like Dods signing for us when we were promoted first time around. Alternatively Innes could be a total donkey and ready for the knacker's yard. Time will tell...

"He's got great confidence in his ability and is a good talker," said Butcher.

Yes Terry, but he's not a good footballer.

"I was searching about for younger centre halves, but there are none about. I asked Spurs about taking a defender in only to find out the loan fee was far more than we could afford. There's not a lot out there."

Aha.

I've been desperately trying to sign anyone but this ageing journeyman who the bottom 6 teams play pass the parcel with. But I can't find anyone else so he'll have to do.

Tee hee to Ross County who have spent the last month trying to sign him.

I think he is a good signing. An experienced centre half who has played fairly well wherever he has gone. Whether he is cover or going to be a regular player well then we will wait and see.

The fact that he left St Mirren does not really bother me. For all we know he left becuase Gus McPherson left. Looking at the current set of defenders on their books i'd say he was one of the best.

Keep the new players coming Butch...

this.

I'm fine with Butcher looking down south for young released players to take a chance on as forwards, wingers and midfielders but in the centre of defence I'm happy we've gone for the only other option available, an old experienced journey man with SPL experience.

If Tokely or Munro were injured tomorrow I'd much prefer having Innes as a replacement than some young player with little or no first team experience.

Welcome aboard