FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grant Munro

forresjags

Anyone else think Grant Munro has got what it takes to make the International set up starting with the forthcoming Future Squad.

Walter Smith was at the game on Sat and can't have helped but notice that Prso never got a kick the sixty odd mins he was on, resulting in his substitution .

With Weir and Pressley not getting any younger Webster in the reserves and Russell Anderson allways injured  I cant think of many other  centre halfs other than the two at Celtic.

Grant has had two consistent seasons in the SPL and this one could be the making of him .

Any thoughts ?

Possibly the most consistent and certainly underrated centre halfs in the SPL. I'd have the pairing of McManus and Caldwell at the heart of the new defence but Grant could easily, and should, be in that squad when Weir, Pressley et al move on.

Another thing, when Dods moves on at the end of the season, is there anyone else who could be captain? Munro gets my vote!

The future squad is supposed to be where we 'try out' players with the potential to reach the full squad and Grant would seem to fit that profile.

If (vice-captain) Dods moves on and (club captain) Golly cant regain his place then Grant should certainly be considered as a candidate for captain. However, right now, I would give my vote to Barry Wilson who has a season or two left in him yet.

In his after match interview in Govan 10CC said that Grant is a future club captain but has to take more responsibility.

He also said that he is not international material yet as there a couple of aspects (distribution methinks) of his game he has to work on.

I'm not in love with the proposition that he should be considered yet for the full team, perhaps the Future Squad is reasonable.