FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Rangers -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

Simply the best.............

That was one of our best performances of the season, as good as the United game and against much better opposition. If only wee Jonny was not so greedy, but you can't blame him really. Rangers goal was a curious one, Edu dummied himself, but the ball sat up and he thumped it high and hard past Esson. Great strike, but fortunate as well. We defended brilliantly for the remainder of the first half. We were fantastic in the second half and Macgregor made a tremendous save from Foran, although he really should have scored. Foran stole the ball and a couple of passes later the ball was fed into Eric and he bundled it into the net from close range. Jonny was ripping the left back to shreds and should have won all three points for u, but hey ho.

Great game of football, and I don't think I have seen us play much better, we looked like a proper team.

Great support from the ICT fans, Simply the Best............

• Agree 1

That was a really good game today. We played very well and made a few good chances. We defended brilliantly apart from when Edu scored. I wouldn't single out anyone for that though. Rangers are the champions and have been displaying some very good football recently but today they were stuck for ideas. I left there today feeling happy at getting the point and happy at keeping the away record going but a little sad that we didn't capitalise and take all three points. We deserved them.

The support was brilliant as well and the banter with the home fans was great. Especially the attempt to challenge them to the best bouncy which brought chants against a certain southern supporters physique. And when he responded to the 'get your tits out for the lads' chant.........priceless.

Great game and a great result twothumbsup.gif

Edu's goal was a bit of a mess, i think he tried to cut it back but it paid of for rangers.

We were the better side IMO and we have kept our away unbeaten run and our great results at ibrox.

Foran was unlucky not to score with his header and when he was free at the back post.

Weir could have seen red when he put a 2 footed challenge on eric and mcculloch could have been off when he kicked foran in the chest.

but at the end of the day i'm delighted with the result and can't wait to rip the glory hunters of invernessnanananana.gif

Great game and a great result twothumbsup.gif

Edu's goal was a bit of a mess, i think he tried to cut it back but it paid of for rangers.

We were the better side IMO and we have kept our away unbeaten run and our great results at ibrox.

Foran was unlucky not to score with his header and when he was free at the back post.

Weir could have seen red when he put a 2 footed challenge on eric and mcculloch could have been off when he kicked foran in the chest.

but at the end of the day i'm delighted with the result and can't wait to rip the glory hunters of invernessnanananana.gif

Once again decisions dont go as they should but it also shows oncde again that Scottish refs are consistant...............................consistant towards Rangers.

... Rangers goal was a curious one, Edu dummied himself, but the ball sat up and he thumped it high and hard past Esson. Great strike, but fortunate as well...

BBC (I don't know who) concurred - I had only 810 MW (with lots of background noise) to rely on, but someone on the BBC said he'd only scored because he screwed up and then got lucky.

... Rangers goal was a curious one, Edu dummied himself, but the ball sat up and he thumped it high and hard past Esson. Great strike, but fortunate as well...

BBC (I don't know who) concurred - I had only 810 MW (with lots of background noise) to rely on, but someone on the BBC said he'd only scored because he screwed up and then got lucky.

That was pretty much how it was but he had the time for a second go. And that after Wiess (I think) was allowed to get an excellent cross in.

Great performance yesterday. The self-belief running through the team is looking stronger every week.

Terry Butcher's team selection raised a few eyebrows yesterday, with Odhiambo dropped to accommodate Duff moving back to midfield and McCann returning to right back, but it turned out to be a great decision: Duff had an outstanding game in the holding role, one careless loss of possession in the second half notwithstanding, and McCann had his best game to date for ICT. The substitution was spot on too, as Nick Ross was probably our least effective player in the second half. Although they had slightly more of the game, Rangers allowed us more time on the ball than a lot of other teams and that played into our hands: Hayes made some tremendous runs and Papac couldn't cope with him at all. Also good to see him getting his head up and putting in some great crosses, particualrly the one for Foran's header, which McGregor somehow managed to keep out. Just wish Hayes had laid the ball off to Odhiambo instead of shooting when he got into the box at 1-1, but you can't begrudge the guy having a go, given the game he'd had and his recent scoring record.

Great support yesterday - probably the most vocal we've ever been at Ibrox. Dewsbury Dude even managed to make the Sunday Herald's match report...

The occasion was slightly soured, however, by the death of my jeans, which split right up the back from crotch to waistband when I sat down a bit awkwardly after the goal. Had to walk back through Glasgow with my @rse hingin' oot. :thumbdown:

• Agree 3

All the kids are wearin' them like that these days AM. Can't find the online version of the match report on the herald website so I'm off out to buy it. Hope you had a good night last night.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Great result, but let's not get too carried awy. It's still early doors. One game at a time. :ictscarf:

Aw dont try to burst the bubble.Live for today and enjoy the fantastic run Caley are having. Who would have thought this time last year that we would be unbeaten away from home almost a year later.Its a fantastic achievement by all ,whatever happens from here on.Away days are brilliant craic. Long may they last.

• Agree 1

All the kids are wearin' them like that these days AM. Can't find the online version of the match report on the herald website so I'm off out to buy it. Hope you had a good night last night.

I just tried to find it online, and we're not in their list of SPL teams, but Falkirk are still there.

Aw dont try to burst the bubble.Live for today and enjoy the fantastic run Caley are having. Who would have thought this time last year that we would be unbeaten away from home almost a year later.Its a fantastic achievement by all ,whatever happens from here on.Away days are brilliant craic. Long may they last.

Yeah, well said izzy....

TB and MM deserve the highest praise for the steady improvement that has been in evidence since January 2009. With the blend of youth and experience in the squad, coupled with a team spirit positively overflowing with camaraderie, who's to say how far this team can go?

Well done TB and MM.... keep up the good work - there are clear indications now that you're finally getting the hang of this team management business!

:ictscarf: :ictscarf:

Watching this team gets better all the time. The spirit and organisation yesterday was fantastic as it always is, but we also showed that we're capable of playing a bit of football with a well crafted goal and three further breaks down the right through Hayes which could well have resulted in at least one more strike. It says a lot for the confidence in the team and among the support that there was never an air of fear about this fixture. Rangers? 100% in the SPL and unbeaten in the Champions League. Clearly they hadn't played ICT yet.

Great banter in Brechin's and beyond. Many thanks to my ticket delivery boy who arrived promptly at the away end just before kick-off. It's a very good service but forgive me if i seek alternative providers in the future.......

The Notw coverage was RUBBISH! Absoulutly no credit for us and only one page! And the team of the week was a loda p!sh!!!!!! Hayes should have deffo had a place in it!

Butcher was talking on MFR on Friday saying how we are not getting the praise we deserve in the media. So we draw agaisnt the Spl leaders and haven't lost an away game in the leauge since November and what do we get in the papers?? Nothing! The only place we are getting the right praise is on Radio Scotland!

@MissICT

What do you mean by "The Disowned Caley Fan!"

(oh, and a Leg End isn't quite as good as a Legend)

Someone said that I was a disowned caley fan as I used to support Celtic, I didn't go to rossco's testimonial and some other stuff that I can't remember!

I've been meaning to change that!

@MissICT

Someone said that I was a disowned caley fan as I used to support Celtic, I didn't go to rossco's testimonial and some other stuff that I can't remember!

Ach, it's pretty obvious to all on here who you support (Celtic :notlistening: just kidding!), so I'd ignore them. There's many, like me, that struggle to get to a single match all season (although I'll be back in the UK pretty soon :twothumbsup: but at the other end of the country :thumbdown: )

@MissICT

Ach, it's pretty obvious to all on here who you support (Celtic :notlistening: just kidding!), so I'd ignore them. There's many, like me, that struggle to get to a single match all season (although I'll be back in the UK pretty soon :twothumbsup: but at the other end of the country :thumbdown: )

I try not to let it! Just that some fans just have to have a dig at me!