FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Rangers -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

Just seen the highlights, Foran in the box was a penalty

Not so shure maself - it was just a case of collision - you dont ger those type of decisions at Ibrox. Cant believe that the highlights didnt include the Hayes run in the closing minutes where a cut cabck to Foran, or even Rooney would have been a sure fire winner.

It's not so much a collision as Weir turns into him rather than the two colliding. Knows exactly what he's doing, but like you say, you don't get them at Ibrox.

Couldn't agree more. Weir definitely deliberately turned into Foran to block off his run. There was no attempt to get the ball whatsoever. With the benefit of the replays I think this is a stonewall penalty and, debatably, a straight red for Weir. I also agree that you don't get those type of decisions at Ibrox, unless of course you are wearing a gers shirt!

Nevertheless, still a brilliant result. Well done to all concerned!!

what a day the away support was brilliant as usual but the banter was great i missed the edu goal because i was singing cherio to a rangers fan being ejected then the rest of the ground celebrated but the way we kept the ball was brilliant i mean our Irish trio were fantastic again and our back four especially grant and rosco in the centre were great but the players i thought who stood out was duff and Duncan in the centre of midfield. They rarely played a strayed pass and they kept the ball and builded instead of trying to rush a pass forward so composed. Foran should have scored nothing away from McGregor who made a great save but foran had time to take the ball down and control. Johnny looked much better 2nd half when we got the ball to him and that chance at the end yes a cut back was needed but hes got so much confidence atm that i dont blame him. Eric what a super sub and what a player. my dad was at the dundee game in inverness for the party and the two chances that eric missed he said this guys rubbish well hes certainly not and has been bril in the spl so far. As for us well the best chant was we know she said no we know she said no allan mcgregor we know she said no absolute class great day out great result and i had an absolute blast when i returned to my flat in stirling with my rangers supporting flatmate haha

"We went out wanting to win but some of the players were tired," said Foran. "They're playing every game and we didn't have the freshness for the last pass, the last touch.

"I suppose it's better this result came early in the season as we'll be aware of it in the next match.

"We have a small squad and we are feeling the demands of so many games. But it's not the end of the world as we're still fourth in the table.

"We have to pick ourselves up for next Tuesday. You don't need motivation for the Scottish Premier League. When you come out on the pitch and hear that music it's a different world. It's such a vital game because if we win or draw we're still on our way to qualify for the top 6.

"You don't feel tiredness in games like this. It's more mental. That's why we must forget Rangers and concentrate on Motherwell and Aberdeen."

For those who have not seen Broughera's whinge, just change a few words in the above report.

• Agree 2

Just seen the highlights, Foran in the box was a penalty

Not so shure maself - it was just a case of collision - you dont ger those type of decisions at Ibrox. Cant believe that the highlights didnt include the Hayes run in the closing minutes where a cut cabck to Foran, or even Rooney would have been a sure fire winner.

It's not so much a collision as Weir turns into him rather than the two colliding. Knows exactly what he's doing, but like you say, you don't get them at Ibrox.

Couldn't agree more. Weir definitely deliberately turned into Foran to block off his run. There was no attempt to get the ball whatsoever. With the benefit of the replays I think this is a stonewall penalty and, debatably, a straight red for Weir. I also agree that you don't get those type of decisions at Ibrox, unless of course you are wearing a gers shirt!

Nevertheless, still a brilliant result. Well done to all concerned!!

At the time I said to Caleyjag I thought it should have been a penalty but at real time I wasn't sure, I've just watched the highlights and it should have been a penalty. If that was at the other end it would have been given without a thought.

If folk have access to Sky and their SPL round up they showed the Hayes chance where he ran in and shot over, one of those at the time you think is close but now wish he had passed into the box!

I was surprised the BBC omitted that chance. I suppose they don't want to make us look TOO good... notlistening.gif