FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Which would you prefer?

SMEE

Was just thinking off an interesting wee, not too taxing question to ask. And i have come up with this.

Which would you rather.

Would you like ICT to play attractive, attcking football, which doesnt nescescarily garentee points on the board.

or

Play unattractive, dull but effective football....which could possibly mean a top 6 finish?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Top 6 finish anyday of the week. At the end of the day there is no rule against unattractive football

Thats true...but wouldnt you rather feel entertained, rather than end up modestly placed having been bored in the process?

Would you say we are playing attractive football just now? I think we are and we're top 6 at the moment so can i have that please? But i don't think defensive football is always unnattractive, if we played like Greece did in Euro 2004 and we were grinding out the results for a top 6 finish i'd still be happy. I'd also be happy if we were winning 4-3 etc in the first division though and i think thats where we have played our most attractive football. As long as we are giving our all and aren't in danger of relegation i don't mind how we get the wins, as long as we get them.

Having said that... I hated how Spain won the world cup with their 1-0 wins. Oh i don't know :sad:

Edited by ICTPAISLEY
  • Agree 1

Top 6 finish anyday of the week. At the end of the day there is no rule against unattractive football

Thats true...but wouldnt you rather feel entertained, rather than end up modestly placed having been bored in the process?

How about playing attractive football like we did today and winning!!

Anyway I wouldn't feel entertained if we were playing attractive football and losing. I would feel frustrated beyond belief!! There is nothing attractive about losing.

Passing the ball about well but getting beat is not attractive it would be wasting possession, it's only attractive if it has an end product

Both. History has shown us, that ICT always, without a shadow of a doubt do better when they play attacking football, using speedy effective wingers and keeping the ball on the deck. There's no two ways about it.

• Agree 3

if you are in the top 6 you must be winning games, so winning is more entertaining. Ask the supporters of the two teams Yogi Hughes has managed recently, lovely on the eye but didnt score and didnt win too often. however look at rangers and celtic at the moment celtic try to play attacking attractive footie and rangers try to win games full stop. Who are the happier fans - top of the league and europe after xmas, or chasing the leaders and lost the passport. I rather win games, and worry about performance later

I thought the team played very 'pele-esque' today. (I know it's not a word!). It was pretty refreshing to see some solid, attacking football at TCS and some of the stages of play were superb - fantastic to watch. An attacking style of play is great. So long as it's coupled with a winning mentality. This thread has got me thinking about our style of play and that of certain London club which plays in red and white. I'm in no way going to make any attempt at a direct comparison, but do they win week in, week out? And do they have a winning mentality?

Please excuse me. I am drunk.

• Agree 1

Mahonio - agreed. As I've said elsewhere, I genuinely believe this side to be on the cusp of something special in terms of achievements, style and ability. We'll not win the league, but anything else is possible as long as we don't sell the family silver. It is a "pele-esque" style that has matured since we were relegated and shows no signs of stopping. It reminds me of an 80's "corner shop" team managed by a guy with similar charisma to TB who was able to find stellar local talent, rescue underachievers from elsewhere and mould them into smething great. Who did Mo play for again?

I think we played really well yesterday and a win was icing on the cake. Think we have a cracking side and to be fourth in the SPL is amazing when you think where we were this time last year. So however we are playing - more of the same I say. Cmon Inverness.

I thought the team played very 'pele-esque' today. (I know it's not a word!). It was pretty refreshing to see some solid, attacking football at TCS and some of the stages of play were superb - fantastic to watch. An attacking style of play is great. So long as it's coupled with a winning mentality. This thread has got me thinking about our style of play and that of certain London club which plays in red and white. I'm in no way going to make any attempt at a direct comparison, but do they win week in, week out? And do they have a winning mentality?

Please excuse me. I am drunk.

Fully agree with your view on our style today. Keep taking the medicine.

It reminds me of an 80's "corner shop" team managed by a guy with similar charisma to TB who was able to find stellar local talent, rescue underachievers from elsewhere and mould them into smething great. Who did Mo play for again?
If only we could get his contract negotiating talents as well !!! Here son, its a standard 15 year YTS contract :lol:

points mean prizes

i dont think anyone on here would say that if we were to be in last place but had played some great football they would be happy

at the end of the day sometimes you need to be able to win an win ugly...if thats what it takes for us to get ourselves top six then thats what it takes and to be fair i would support the team in whatever way terry feels is best for them to play