FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time to make a stand?

GMD11UK

and terry is a true rangers fan cant see him ever puting on a aberdeen tracksuit cant see him going didn't he kick the dressing room door off the wall at Pittodrie one time,he hates aberdeen so much

Don't think he kicked the door in cos he hates Aberdeen. Not sure, but it might have been cos Rangers lost. Terry being a born winner taking his frustration out on the fixtures and fittings.

With the 3 stooges booted from Aberdeen, i keep on hearing butchers name being mentioned with the job. normally i wouldn't take notice but it seems as if whenever one of the "bigger clubs" needs a manager, they always seem to take from ICT.

I think butcher needs to make his intentions known and go public and either say "i'm interested" or "Where are the dons in the table? Where Are ICT?? I'm Staying With Caley!"

As i said, i dont think he will go as he's built a great team here and if we continue our form he will have the money to do what he wants here anyway.

He doesn't need to say a thing. Im 100% sure he would not be interested in the job and would not leave ICT for Aberdeen so there is no need for him to publicly say he doesn't want a job that he has only been linked to be a couple of journalists.

Also 'he will have the money to do what he wants here anyway.' Don't kid yourself!! Butcher will never get money to do what he wants!

and terry is a true rangers fan cant see him ever puting on a aberdeen tracksuit cant see him going didn't he kick the dressing room door off the wall at Pittodrie one time,he hates aberdeen so much

Don't think he kicked the door in cos he hates Aberdeen. Not sure, but it might have been cos Rangers lost. Terry being a born winner taking his frustration out on the fixtures and fittings.

October 1988. Aberdeen 2 Rangers 1.

Charlie Nicholas scored the winner. No wonder TB was upset.

From what I've heard today Butcher IS interested in the job, it's Malpas who doesn't want to leave. McGlynn is the number one choice though.

Oh God, I hope the inevitable doesn't happen and ICT are left with Maurice to run the show! That would be my worst nightmare.

Cue the mass hysteria based on the ever expected "My mates grannies dogs last owner who got knocked over by a hoodie on a skateboard bumped into the cousins of the guy that lives two doors down from someone who once worked in Tesco's and overheard Butchers doctor telling the lad stocking the shelves that he once enjoyed an Ice Cream at the Beach in Aberdeen so he must be leaving to go manage them" type rumour.

From what I've heard today Butcher IS interested in the job, it's Malpas who doesn't want to leave. McGlynn is the number one choice though.

Interesting post here from the Aberdeen forum -

Butcher is definitely interested in the job - the lack of a statement to the contrary is proof of that. Compenstaion to ICT isn't too bad due to clauses in his contract (which only has 6 months to go) and that ICT owe some money to Dons (for what, I know not). Personal terms are not likely to be too much of a struggle. Biggest stumbling blocks to this becoming a done deal is that Butch is looking for certain guarantees as to budget for January transfer window and also that out of the two ICT coaches, Malpas is the one apparently having a wobble at the thought of joining Dons.

The poster then goes onto say that Brewster is the stand-by. unsure.gif

Contracts are broken all the time.

That wasn't my point...my point is that if someone gets the one verifiable fact in their entire statement wrong, what's the chances of the rest of it being accurate? It's nothing more than the usual drivel that gets spouted around every time a manger is moved on and people are scrambling to find/name a replacement.

seen the article on my way out the door for work!

hope we can hold onto terry and mo for as long as possible think we can only get better under them pushing thru new talent and finding new gems.

Someone in the know said to me that Butcher was going to Aberdeen, I asked him if it was true or if he was just getting me to bite and he just laughed it off.(still dont know)

He said Butcher would be a fool to leave Caley as things are working really well for him there.

Aberdeen have no money so he would be making do with the current team. also mentioned that the Raith Rovers manager would be a good signing too.

Willie Miller or David Sutherland? One has the savvy of Alan Sugar and the other hasnt, I know which one I would prefer to be looking after your club if things werent going well.