FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New faces in January...

Johnboy

AS far as A Rooney's goals tally is concerned I think it must be remembered that he's been allowed to take quite a few penalties which have boosted his tally.

He is still a young player and he might easily come a cropper if and when he moves on.On the other hand I will be surprised if he goes to a Russian club.By the time he has mastered even rudimentary Russian he may be so homesick that he will be back within a year. :ponder:

...he may return after a year, after a nice signing on fee, great wage for a year, and another signing on fee on his return. Could be tempting for a young man. It would be tempting for anyone.

Cant get onto P&J site for some reason but am I right in assuming its the same story as HERE

Would appear that any money that was available a month ago is no longer there. Wonder how much of that is due to the postponed DU game. Or is it anything to do with the new offer to Rooney?

Well it kind of puts a new perspective on things.... what with the money we've saved from not paying Marius (aye) new players could be like hens teeth.

What worries me is that we could lose wee spud johnny if the club are needing money that bad, what with DS offering to give away his shares for investment its not all that clever the noo.

But.... a good cup run starting with a good turn out tomorrow AND performance will see us ok.

Guest Mahonio

It does say in the article that "Butcher, though, will try to persuade his board to speculate to accumulate if the right player is presented to him during the window".

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6648753,00.html

Six figure sum? ?999,999.99?

I know there's quite a bit of money going about in Russian football but i've nay heard of this club and doubt they're even European contenders.

Sign up Rooney for at least another 2 seasons, let him develop and show his full potential and then think about the offers on the table.

Based on the players thatw ill be out of contract in the summer, I'd perfer to avoid bringing in new faces just now unless they are good quality loans who will add depth to the squad. No point in signing for ths sake of it or ending up with bit-part players, rather see more youth get chances on the bench. Use the money we have aside (if any) for loan wages, signings in Jan to sort out some contracts then take stock in the summer and work a way to improve key squad areas. I think a creative midfilder is required as we really struggle to create anything at home which contributes to our bad run of form at TCS, also think if Rooney goes we will need someone with the ability to score goals, whether a loan or we find a gem released from English clubs.

I dont believe Sanchez is the answer. He has had long enuff here to prove himself as a contender. i believe, at best, he is a bit part player. I would love to be wrong, but i think the answer to our problems lye elsewhere

I dont believe Sanchez is the answer. He has had long enuff here to prove himself as a contender. i believe, at best, he is a bit part player. I would love to be wrong, but i think the answer to our problems lye elsewhere

To some extent i agree with you SMEE but i think from what we have he is defnitely a better player than Odhiambo and has probably been due alot more game time than he has been given. Odhiambo has under performed for too long and should have been dropped ages ago.

To some extent i agree with you SMEE but i think from what we have he is defnitely a better player than Odhiambo and has probably been due alot more game time than he has been given. Odhiambo has under performed for too long and should have been dropped ages ago.

Well....i tend to agree with you on that matter. Fair enuff...i havent seen a lot of Odihambo, but on the occasions i have seen him, he has been by far the weakest link. And there seems to be a growing amount of user on this forum who would agree. So...based on that...i would rather see Dani get a start

Guest Mahonio

After Butchers after match interview i am certain he now knows that it is attacking players and/or strikers he should be looking at bringing in before the transfer window closes in about a week and a halfs time, he also said that defence and midfield were fine so i expect McCann's wages to go towards a loan striker coming in.

It is going to be an interesting week and a half in the transfer market.

Edited by Mahonio

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9368803.stm

Must be a player that should interest us, althoug other bigger clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs, D Utd & Hearts may want him too. But signing a player of this quality til the end of the season ould be a good move?

He's crocked just now and is not worth the massive wage he would want...no thanks.