FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New faces in January...

Johnboy

I can recall being slightly ignored and even laughed at in pre season when I suggested that a deal for Michael Gardyne had been brokered at that stage and that a certain Micahel Gardyne would be coming over the bridge in 2011. :tongueincheek:

And did I also mention an interest in a certain rite back called Shaun Beeley of Fleetwood town who I suggested would have come to sneck if the McCann loan deal did not come to fruition :rolleyes:

Anyway I hope to be in attendance at the Fleetwood v Southport game on Tuesday as I have been invited to go along with a "scout" from ICT.

Are they joining with these other players?:

Here are a list of players that we are looking at with a view to sign - Jabo Ihere (a giant and the purrfect foil fer Rooney); Paul Huntington (strapping young defender who looked at one stage to be going places ; Shaun Beeley (allegedly a very pacy full back) ; Adam Warlow (looks a good squad player).

Are they joining with these other players?:

Here are a list of players that we are looking at with a view to sign - Jabo Ihere (a giant and the purrfect foil fer Rooney); Paul Huntington (strapping young defender who looked at one stage to be going places ; Shaun Beeley (allegedly a very pacy full back) ; Adam Warlow (looks a good squad player).

No becos we had a look at them and they didnt come up to the standard - You have to put afew red herrings in the fishing basket but I am usually proved rite when I am being serious. Bit sad that you trail for posts. :rotflmao::rotflmao:

• Disagree 2

Well me and the "scout" met up at Fleetwood this afternoon as the Cod Army beat Southport 2-0 and a certain Shaun Beeley scored the second goal and notched the MOM. We spoke to our mucker, the chairman Andy Pilley, and he said that a deal could be made but it was down to Shaun and his agent and that ICT had not made a formal offer - I also spoke to Shaun who confirmed that he had been approached pre season and hinted that he would see the SPL as a step up.

Well me and the "scout" met up at Fleetwood this afternoon as the Cod Army beat Southport 2-0 and a certain Shaun Beeley scored the second goal and notched the MOM. We spoke to our mucker, the chairman Andy Pilley, and he said that a deal could be made but it was down to Shaun and his agent and that ICT had not made a formal offer - I also spoke to Shaun who confirmed that he had been approached pre season and hinted that he would see the SPL as a step up.

Of course it would be a step up from the M.Mouse league - A fecking huge step up.

Of course it would be a step up from the M.Mouse league - A fecking huge step up.

You just have to see the Fleetwood set up to believe it - so enviable - plus the wages are on a par.

You just have to see the Fleetwood set up to believe it - so enviable - plus the wages are on a par.

It's certainly enviable in terms of the amounts of cash the Conference league clubs are receiving from TV deals etc.

I just don't believe the product they are currently serving up is any better - whatever the level. Tonight I watched Birmingham-Man U. Our game with Midden on Boxing Day was more entertaining - despite the result.

TB now saying in this morning's P&J that players will have to leave before more can be brought in.

I don't think Blumenshtein is ever going to cut it here, despite being out with an injury for several weeks. I can't think of anyone else I would want to see move on - it's not like we've got a huge squad right now.

TB now saying in this morning's P&J that players will have to leave before more can be brought in.I don't think Blumenshtein is ever going to cut it here, despite being out with an injury for several weeks. I can't think of anyone else I would want to see move on - it's not like we've got a huge squad right now.

Yeah, I noticed this too, quoted in the Herald. This isn't what he seemed to be saying a few days ago when he talked about 'exciting' loan prospects, and it's a little concerning. I agree completely about Blumenshtein - he was about as ineffective as any ICT player I've ever seen yesterday, and I'd get rid asap. I suspect TB will want shot of Sanchez first though, given how few opportunities he's allowed him. I sincerely hope he isn't entertaining the thought of trying to sell Duncan, who always seems to be the first player dropped whenever TB decides to shake things up. Might also mean that the club will accept offers for Hayes or Rooney, although Rooney probably hasn't done his reputation any favours in the past few weeks.

Blumenshtein, Sanchez, Golly and McBain could all get shipped off, that essentially free's up space for 3 or 4 new players.

Imo McBain should stay on, he is reasonably versatile and should injuries strike he could do a job as cover. But TB dosen't seem to rate Sanchez anymore, Golly's done and i don't think Blumenshtein will cut it at this level.

I suppose it all depends on what standard of player TB is looking at, and if their loans how much we would have to contribute towards wages.

Edited by ajsict92

I think its always been the case that players would have to leave to make way for new faces. Even if on loan wages still need to be met. I would see Golly and McBain moving out and possibly Innes. The priority has to be a good attacking midfielder and a right back.

Considering we have such a small squad it's disconcerting to learn we now have to get rid of players to bring new one's in. We can all name players we'd want to leave but who's going to take them?

Sanchez, Blumenshtein, Proctor, McBain, & Golly departure wouldn't affect us much. Perhaps selling Tuffey could generate some cash, He's wasted sitting on the bench.

Edited by kencar

McBain to Elgin with Golly, Gill, Obi and sanchez but Danny only because TB seems to leave him out we need as said a play making midfielder and a proven goal scorer as back up and competition.

• Agree 1

What's happened to Morrison lately? Has he been injured? I imagine he could go out on loan again, similar to his stint at Elgin City last season...

He's injured just now.

Considering we have such a small squad it's disconcerting to learn we now have to get rid of players to bring new one's in. We can all name players we'd want to leave but who's going to take them?

Sanchez, Blumenshtein, Proctor, McBain, & Golly departure wouldn't affect us much. Perhaps selling Tuffey could generate some cash, He's wasted sitting on the bench.

It would be sods law to sell Tuffey and then for Esson to pick up an injury. Tuffey is a class keeper who the club should hold on to at all costs.

Are any of our squad out of contract this month. I've a feeling Golly and Roy were on 6 mth deals. We are never going to be in a position to maintain a larger squad than the 24 we have so some will go I think. I'd prefer not to see our youngsters go out on loan. I think we also need to make sure we keep our best players. That leaves the ones who haven't broke through to first team. Innes, Gillet, Sanchez, haven't featured much. Blumenstien and Odhiambo aren't showing any true form on a regular basis. From what I've seen of McCann I think we could do better. All the aforementioned have also been hampered by injury and may well improve further. Who knows. Whatever happens we need to bring a balance to the squad. One where we're not dependant on one persons skill and mood to keep us picking up points.

• Agree 2

Are any of our squad out of contract this month. I've a feeling Golly and Roy were on 6 mth deals. We are never going to be in a position to maintain a larger squad than the 24 we have so some will go I think. I'd prefer not to see our youngsters go out on loan. I think we also need to make sure we keep our best players. That leaves the ones who haven't broke through to first team. Innes, Gillet, Sanchez, haven't featured much. Blumenstien and Odhiambo aren't showing any true form on a regular basis. From what I've seen of McCann I think we could do better. All the aforementioned have also been hampered by injury and may well improve further. Who knows. Whatever happens we need to bring a balance to the squad. One where we're not dependant on one persons skill and mood to keep us picking up points.

Whilst I'm the first to admit that I am not convinced by Sanchez (even more so in the SPL than the 1st Division), the fact that he is not getting much of a chance (even off the bench) when the team is playing poorly and some of the first choices are looking a bit jaded suggests that his time may be numbered and it will be interesting to see if he moves on in the Transfer window.

Gillet, Innes, Blumenshtein, Odhiambo, Sanchez, Munro, Rooney, Golabek, McBain, Duncan, Johnson, Sutherland, Tokely and Duff all have expiring contracts at the end of the season.

Munro, Duncan, Rooney, Duff and Gillet are the only 5 i'd be concerned about getting extended. I think Tokely has an option to extend his contract by a further 12 months himself.

Edited by ajsict92

AS far as A Rooney's goals tally is concerned I think it must be remembered that he's been allowed to take quite a few penalties which have boosted his tally.

He is still a young player and he might easily come a cropper if and when he moves on.On the other hand I will be surprised if he goes to a Russian club.By the time he has mastered even rudimentary Russian he may be so homesick that he will be back within a year. :ponder: