FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hearts -V- Inverness CT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Thought I would interject with a jambo post, overall thought it was a really good game tad frustrating from our point of view but thems the breaks. Gotta say I was very impressed with your lot, good movement and passing especially Rooney who was excellent at occupying a couple of defenders a time. Im surprised Hayes is being criticised as much on here as I thought he did ok especially as he didnt get much service and I dont think defending is his game from what iv saw and heard of him. You have the basis of a pretty good side there and remind me a wee bit of Leveins Utd a season or so back, Solid CH's, reliable midfielders fast wide players and a confident striker.

As for us, the press the last three games have bummed up big Kev, Iv slaughtered him as he could do a lot more than he does, and despite all the comments above that was one of Temps poorer games over the last month. Against Aberdeen he was absolutely unplayable, they were and are mince but even 3 on 1 they couldnt handle him. Rudi was quiet too otherwise we played well apart from the first 25 minutes.

Good luck for the rest of the season except against us!

• Agree 4

One sour note... I won't be back to Diggers again! I don't think we're welcome any more!!!:thumbdown:

Definitely going to the Golden Rule pre-match as opposed to the diggers pub from now on.

Why is the Diggers attracting such bad press. What happened there? It used to be very acceptable.

I'm a bit mystified too, Gordy. Why the animosity towards the Diggers? Thought it was great in there as usual pre-match, despite how busy it was, Great crack, great staff. Did something happen post-match, CC?

Thought I would interject with a jambo post, overall thought it was a really good game tad frustrating from our point of view but thems the breaks. Gotta say I was very impressed with your lot, good movement and passing especially Rooney who was excellent at occupying a couple of defenders a time. Im surprised Hayes is being criticised as much on here as I thought he did ok especially as he didnt get much service and I dont think defending is his game from what iv saw and heard of him. You have the basis of a pretty good side there and remind me a wee bit of Leveins Utd a season or so back, Solid CH's, reliable midfielders fast wide players and a confident striker.

As for us, the press the last three games have bummed up big Kev, Iv slaughtered him as he could do a lot more than he does, and despite all the comments above that was one of Temps poorer games over the last month. Against Aberdeen he was absolutely unplayable, they were and are mince but even 3 on 1 they couldnt handle him. Rudi was quiet too otherwise we played well apart from the first 25 minutes.

Good luck for the rest of the season except against us!

Cheers. Been really impressed with the magnanimity of the Hearts fans on P&B too since the game. After our draws against the old firm, the message boards were rammed with supporters of those clubs waiting to tell us how pish we were and how lucky we'd been. They were talking rubbish, but Hearts supporters might have had more of a case to be aggrieved, as they have easily been the best team we've played over two fixtures, and had the better chances on Saturday. Instead, we get realism, rationality, graciousness and a recognistion that organisation and good defending are part of a successful team. Good on you.

• Agree 3

Diggers started out fine. There was 1 under 18 that came in and was asked to leave. He then came back in and again left. Nothing unusual there. However, I was at the bar and next thing the manageress is having a go at me telling me that we'll all be kicked out if he comes back in again! I was quite taken aback as obviously he wasn't mine or the 40ish Caley fans responsibility and I didn't even know him!

As the beer started to flow, the singing started, and was lt was good banter until the anti-Hibs song and the 'we're not orange / green song' started. Next thing the mangagerss (sorry im a bit bevvied right now - can't spell) comes storming over. Now ok, if the rules are no singing, then fine but it was the whole manner and aggression. Nothing serious / scandalous but a few folk noted that we should go elsewhere. Lots of folk decided o go to the Haymarket Bar afterwards instead, when they were originally going to go back to Diggers.

Diggers started out fine. There was 1 under 18 that came in and was asked to leave. He then came back in and again left. Nothing unusual there. However, I was at the bar and next thing the manageress is having a go at me telling me that we'll all be kicked out if he comes back in again! I was quite taken aback as obviously he wasn't mine or the 40ish Caley fans responsibility and I didn't even know him!

As the beer started to flow, the singing started, and was lt was good banter until the anti-Hibs song and the 'we're not orange / green song' started. Next thing the mangagerss (sorry im a bit bevvied right now - can't spell) comes storming over. Now ok, if the rules are no singing, then fine but it was the whole manner and aggression. Nothing serious / scandalous but a few folk noted that we should go elsewhere. Lots of folk decided o go to the Haymarket Bar afterwards instead, when they were originally going to go back to Diggers.

Ah, ok. Got to say I wasn't aware of that. Too busy getting pished in the corner, obviously...

Incidentally, are you going to change your username now you've moved to my neck of the woods?

Gordy

That was my boy. He came in the first time with me, wasn't drinking. The second time, he came back with his mate who was. He was looking for money from me (again!) and I left with him at this point. There was no hassle, he just didnae want to get left on his own. He's a 17 yo chancer as well, but there you are. I'll e-mail the wifie at Diggers and sort it out. Kids, who'd have them.

Edited by davie

That was my boy. He came in the first time with me, wasn't drinking. The second time, he came back with his mate who was. He was looking for money from me (again!) and I left with him at this point. There was no hassle, he just didnae want to get left on his own. He's a 17 yo chancer as well, but there you are. I'll e-mail the wifie at Diggers and sort it out. Kids, who'd have them.

I'm sure they get it every week anyway. She was having kittens as they've been warned by police apparantly about under 18s. We've all been there though! More importantly, what pub for Perth?! Worst location than TCS!!!