FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Rooney Transfer ???

TopSix

Wee Kev's OK going forward but he's a pretty hesitant/uncommitted defender IMO. I don't know how often he actually played for Hibs to give people an opinion.

Maybe Rankin's another guy like Rooney who did well here. ICT have a habit of getting the right people running the club, the right spirit at the club, and great commitment from pretty average players. That goes a long long way and is how we keep up with far larger clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen.

Edited by RickyS

Hibs supporting friend of mine had a look at some of the Hibs message boards. Apparently some of the people "in the know" on there claim he is having a medical with Hibs today.

plenty people know someone who knows someone who spoke to someone .......................................................

believe it when I see it, my fear is there will be bigger clubs well aware of his situation

• Agree 1

Hibs supporting friend of mine had a look at some of the Hibs message boards. Apparently some of the people "in the know" on there claim he is having a medical with Hibs today.

plenty people know someone who knows someone who spoke to someone .......................................................

believe it when I see it, my fear is there will be bigger clubs well aware of his situation

You really want him at Hibs dont you.

Yup, will just need to see what happens.

Some in the know have informed me that Rooney was not at Hibs for a medical today and it is very very unlikely that he'll move to another Scottish club. I have also been informed that there is a good chance he will be here till the end of the season, but if he does go somewhere it will not be to another Scottish club.

Edited by Renegade

You really want him at Hibs dont you.

since Stokes left, our only goals have come from Riordan, in fact at home only he and Chris Hogg have scored for us and Nish is like Bambi on ice.

Everyone can see how good Rooney is but deep down I know he is too good for this league.

Am I missing something here? Since when did Adam become so good? Yep, he banged in a fair few goals last year, and he's got a few already this year (how many have been penalties though?), but I don't think he's improved massively. He still mistimes his jumps, he's not great in the air, and he misses as many as he scores.

I'm not knocking him at all, and I hope he stays, but he's nowhere near as good as all the hype surrounding him at the moment.

• Agree 10
  • Disagree 2

Am I missing something here? Since when did Adam become so good? Yep, he banged in a fair few goals last year, and he's got a few already this year (how many have been penalties though?), but I don't think he's improved massively. He still mistimes his jumps, he's not great in the air, and he misses as many as he scores.

I'm not knocking him at all, and I hope he stays, but he's nowhere near as good as all the hype surrounding him at the moment.

^

What he said.

• Agree 1

Shush. Folk are just trying to help the Board get as much for him as possible.

• Agree 1

If I was Adam reading this thread would definitely help decide whether to extend my contract or not. :redcard:

Adam has had since August to make his mind up on that contract. This thread isn't going to make one difference to his decision and although I would love it for him to stay i can't see it happening.

5 of his 11 SPL goals have been penalties, and he hasn't scored in his last 6 SPL games. Hibs fans who travelled up to Inverness earlier in the season saw him at his most clinical, but we all know that he can be wasteful as well. I think his main appeal is the way he leads the line on his own. He never stops moving, hassles defenders and uses his body well to shield the ball. As you've pointed out, he's poor in the air and, of course, he's slow. Hibs would be a good move for him.

What if he did move to Hibs and they were relegated. Would Hibs still have to pay him the agreed wage? Under contract, probably ..yes.

Heard nothing more form the Russian club?

Maybe the money they are paying him per week would not allow them to offer much more than the 100,000. But that must mean that wealth at that club is not limitless so would he always get paid on time? If not, he would have a very lonely vigil out there in the wilderness - who could he turn to for help?

I wish him well though. Hope it works out for him and the club.

Let's say that Hibs did take him for $200,000 pounds . After paying 40% to the other club,having paid $50,000 for him originally how much does that leave--L70,000 less tax? Is that a sufficient return on ICT's investment of time and training, encouragement, injury treatment costs, et al? I am not sure that it is ....but...maybe a bird in the hamd is worth two in the bush...egad.

I'd love to see Rooney stay but the longer the contract goes unsigned the less likely it seems.

Whilst I've often noted to myself and others than he misses just as many as he scores I think thats as much testement to his movement and positioning as much as anything. He is always roundabout the right areas of the pitch when needed and nearly always on the end of chances created. He is always giving defenders something to think about with his movement and in addition to this rarely gives them a moments piece.

So whilst not brilliant in the air, and a bit hit or miss in the clinical finishing department, his overall movement is class and he has good presence.

I feel if he goes to hibs he'll be like everyone else who does and get sucked into the misery there.

PS I'd welcome back Rankin. He was hounded out by Brewster who then realised his error when it was far too late. But I'd like to keep Rooney more. How about Rooney to sign new contract and Rankin a pre contract?

Play Rankin behind Rooney, flanked by Foran and Hayes with Duncan and Cox behind them. Oh it'd be nice!:twothumbsup: With Ross and Sutherland to come in where needed. Oooft!

Colin Nish WTF he is fuckin abysmal, wouldn't surprise me in the least though. I heard this story last week and it IS matter of fact.

Have to disagree with you there. He always seems to be a thorn in our side when he comes to TCS. He hasn't done so well at Hibs but he was a great player for Killie.

I can remember back in the day when he was on loan at Clyde, albeit as a youngster, they all thought he was fairly useless too. He knows where the back of the net is, I'll give him that, but the rest of his game is very poor.

• Disagree 2