FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rooney in talks with Hibs

Dargo20

Indeed. Utterly disgraceful that a player is thinking about bettering himself financially. I am outraged! :irritated:

Exactly...Not footballing reasons!

I dont believe he will develop as a player there and he certainly wont win trophies

Edited by SMEE

It would be wrong of him not to explore all his options. Hibs ARE a bigger club than us with more resources and a bigger wallet in terms of wages. They may be lower in the table than us right now but they are a bigger club.

If he does go there - or anywhere else - I will just be thankful we had him banging in goals when we needed him !!!

PS - big clubs don't need to travel to lose. A certain club lost to lower league ICT on their own patch once upon a time.....and so did Hearts !!! Oh and ICT also managed to get royally rogered at Somerset before with Rossco almost having to walk home !!!

Watching the state that Hibs are in is rather daunting to say the least. But the spirit seems to have gone.Very sad for a great club with a fine history behind them.

ICT may not be a bigger club than Hibs but so long as they can keep up their spirits then they will be fine.

Remember, folks, we should be empathetic to them because "There but for the grace of God go I"

Hibs are a bigger club than us and can pay better wages, that I agree with completely.

I just feel that if Adam does go to Hibs he will not score as many goals and probably has even less chance of winning a trophy at all than he does at ICT (unless Hibs get relegated...). Therefore I feel it is showing a lack of ambition on his part in my opinion.

BTW - Just for the record, I like Hibs. A lot.

• Agree 1

Hibs are a bigger club than us and can pay better wages, that I agree with completely.

I just feel that if Adam does go to Hibs he will not score as many goals and probably has even less chance of winning a trophy at all than he does at ICT (unless Hibs get relegated...). Therefore I feel it is showing a lack of ambition on his part in my opinion.

BTW - Just for the record, I like Hibs. A lot.

Living in Edinburgh for 6 years has made me hate the Hibs as well... and i tipped them for relegation before the season started.. I may/hope be right! Hope he doesn't go to Hibs. The state of Hibs right now, I agree he will struggle to get goals.

I really hope whatever team he decides to go to if he goes that is, which I think we know he will, it works out for him. He is a cracking prospect and a natural goal scorer which in these times is very difficult to find but at this moment in time the way Hibs are I just think it would be the wrong move which is why I said I think it is a lack of ambition.

If it were a few years ago maybe but Hibs are truly in a bad way just now and do not look like getting out if it any time soon.

I can probably safely say that if he goes it's with all our best wishes and thanks for the contribution he has made to ICT especially his goals over the last two seasons

At 22 he is young but theoretically he has ten years to make his money, after all if you were offered the same job as you do now but for more....... who wouldn't take it????

How many goals has Rooney scored this season and how many of those have been penalties?

I think the point he is making is...how many goals has Rooney actually scored in his role as a striker, from open play. Thats what teams are looking at, not a penalty taker!

I want him to stay, we are off form most of the team are but with threads like this and comments that have been made, who needs enemys when you have fans like this..... :annoyed:

According to Butch, there has been no more offers or contact re Adam.

Fair enough, it means he is a free man come June or he can sign the line with us, i would like to thinkl once its clear that he's going no where soon he will get his head down and concentrate on football.

• Agree 1

I want him to stay, we are off form most of the team are but with threads like this and comments that have been made, who needs enemys when you have fans like this..... :annoyed:

it doesn't matter if you want him to stay it's whether he wants to stay and it doesn't look like he does .

it doesn't matter if you want him to stay it's whether he wants to stay and it doesn't look like he does .

does that come from the horses mouth, most of the reports from Rooney say that he is thinking about it, but wants to stay here until the end of this season at least, also I know that his partner doesnt want to move... hes young, he has to think about his future, its not something to rush at.....