FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

tuffy starts for northern ireland v scotland

northstandfan

why not?

The second goal makes him look bad, even though I'm not sure he was actually at fault: if he'd been covering his back post he'd have left the whole goal gaping, especially with the defenders so far forward in the box. Looked like a fluke IMO. He's had a couple decent saves since then - hope he can get a few more in in the second half.

I thought Tuffey had quite a good game and was let down badly by his defence. Nearly got to Millers first, the mishit cross would have fooled most keepers, and badly exposed for the third. He did make a number of decent saves in a game where Scotland played better than I have seen for many years. The number of call offs among the Irish squad made a decent Scottish squad, that should improve, look really good as the Irish played like strangers who had just met.

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

Just watched Highlights on BBC NI (sky channel 973) despite watching this game live because i always want to hear a NI point of view on their games and Michael O'Neil (Shamrock's former Brechin manager) and he was saying more or less what Alternative Maryhill and crownjaggie are saying, that Tuffey was unlucky tonight but also made good saves.

Remember that channel (sky 973) for future NI games because they nearly always have highlights (either friendlys or qualifiers) of NI games, more likely that JT won't play everytime though.

I thought that Tuffey had a decent enough game considering his defence failed to turn up. I couldn't blame him for any of the goals but he was very lucky to get away with his little blunder from a pass back. Thought it was a good all round performance from the Scots but need to see them against some stronger opposition before getting too excited about next major challenge.