FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Aberdeen - matchday thread

Scotty

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Of course I'm pleased we are at our highest position ever Rig, that goes without saying, my take all along has been the mediocrity of our game this season and as I said earlier we will get caught out, we have three difficult games ahead and in my opinion we need a shake up, it's no use saying we are doing well considering our structure or wages, I'm sure we have more than a few players on at least a grand a week, we'd be daft to think otherwise, and when we paid less we played better footie.

Whats the answer?? well I don't like to suggest formations as I always say thats up to the manager, but and it's a big but, maybe it's time to throw caution to the wind and instead of hopeful punts forward, thin out the midfield, lets play wider and have three up front from the start, Wyness, Macallister and Dargo, feck it and go for it, Bayne behind them possibly with his pace and effort.

As for Chibber the Onanist...........................................................

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - Here is how I responded to my mate's learned coach friend:

I feel that we were brought up on the attacking principles of Pele when we went to win games first and foremost. Those were the most entertaining days but we would probably be a forever mid table Division 1 club for the rest of our history if we stuck to those tactics. Then along came Robbo and built in a more defence minded concept and we became harder to beat and score against but retained an attackin aura. And it paid dividends.

The fact that we could not survive in the SPL using such a response began to seep in very quickly and we developed the hit on the break philosophy. Along came Brew and added the fitness element which made us harder to beat.

I feel that we are now stuck in that mould and crave for players like Blobby Mann, Bingo, Juanjo, a younger Bazza, Robson - who could excite and turn a game with a single pass or a piece of skill. SURVIVAL is and always will be our first and foremost target - only when we hit safety can we relax - and that is usually close to the end of the season.

When this season have you seen a "magic" moment or a touch of class that took yer breath away? The second half at Killie had some good football without that killer touch and the last 20 minutes against Falkirk is the most stirring I have seen for almost a year.

And that was a lot to do with Rankin, Sutherland and Rory. Our "ball" players or skill "men" are all learning their trade. Rankin, Zander, Rory, Munro and Ian Black can only improve - so we survive until they blossom. If only we had a fit 30 year old Bingham or Robson or Juanjo or even Blobby mixed in there we would be a team to scare the pants off the present SPL crew. I just hope that when safety is looming this season that we go to a more attacking formation and go for the team for the future.

What we need in the "window" is a cultured defender to replace Dods.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

the last 20 minutes against Falkirk is the most stirring I have seen for almost a year.

And that was a lot to do with Rankin, Sutherland and Rory.

What about Wyness, he changed the last 20mins against Falkirk

Dargodontgo because your ICT needs you!!!!!

Good post IHE. thought though that the Dargo, Mcbain, Bayne goal was pretty good, could have a point bout a new Dods thought, beside letting Dons get the ball in to the box Dods and Tokely left a lot to be desired with there marking defending for the goal.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Aye nice one Dee, ye canna beat the Wit o Hilltoon,

How about ' The referee's a dishonest onanist' !

Try shouting that when yer pished.

Seriously though I wish the boys well today and I hope we see a few changes but I doubt it, this will be a toughie and has been pointed out already the defence will need to be sharp as that Sproule is sharp right now, monday night he looked like a dog with two diicks!

and the last 20 minutes against Falkirk is the most stirring I have seen for almost a year. And that was a lot to do with Rankin, Sutherland and Rory.

Rory never even played  :006:

There was no Sutherland either, I think he is referring to the 1-0 against Dunfermline when Rory & Zander came on and changed the game.  Subs for the Falkirk match were Hart, Wyness and Duncan but to be fair to IHE the body of his post hits the nail on the head so thought I'd let him off  :003: