FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Forres Mechanics v Inverness CT - LIVE UPDATE

caleyrule

Meekings - Not strong enough or imposing enough to be a centre half - beaten too easily in the air

Gillett - awful start but improved as the game went on.

A Shinnie - took his goals well

G Shinnie - looked pretty good as a left mid though not the best of opposition

D Proctor - played well - as if he had never been away and could be an important player this year.

N Ross - Sailed through the game

G Tansey - Too many missed passes - his touch looked a bit heavy but looks quite athletic and will hopefully come good

Rossco - Played as a centre half should

Pass marks for the others though we seem to have loads of midfield players at the moment with no out and out strikers - here's hoping Tade/Gonnell will step upto the mark or there will be a lot of weight on Shanes shoulders to bang in the goals

Tade, Christophe, Stevenson and Sutherland were all sitting in the stand watching.. No sign of Cox or Hayes (of the guys signed up they were the only two I can think of that weren't there). Terry has been saying in interviews that Johnny should be back for the Elgin game on Saturday.

Edit: Esson is another signed player who wasn't there.

Edited by ubern

Just seems so obvious Proctor should be a good defensive midfielder, I'm surprised he's never played there (that I can remember). Not quite strong enough for a centre-back, not quite quick enough for right-midfield, not quite good enough in the tackle for right-back, yet with a football brain, tidy passing and hard enough for that deep-lying midfield position.

Just seems so obvious Proctor should be a good defensive midfielder, I'm surprised he's never played there (that I can remember). Not quite strong enough for a centre-back, not quite quick enough for right-midfield, not quite good enough in the tackle for right-back, yet with a football brain, tidy passing and hard enough for that deep-lying midfield position.

Agreed.

He did play there a bit in the second half of the season in the First Division. I seem to recollect thinking at the time that he played a lot better there than in any of the other positions he's played.