FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- St Mirren : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Fortunately Tade knew nothing about it, and didn't have time to miss.

:rotflmao: - that is a perfect description of today's performance from Tade.

Andrew Shinnie gets Man of the Match from sponsors and Beeb commentators agree.

Good to get a bit luck today. I cant stress how frustrated i am at these finishes we seem to be missing, and i worry its going to cost us in the end. But a very important win today, glad we have not been left adrift at the bottom at the international break.

Ahh, Tade in a nutshell - he missed three one-on-ones and then scores when the ball rebounds in off his shin. The flipside is that he spent most of the match playing wide right and put in yet another outstanding shift.

A deserved win, I think, as we missed lots of good chances...Foran's scuff in the opening seconds was an astonishing miss, while Andy Shinnie hit the post early in the second half. Ryan Esson made one good save in the second half but actually had a relatively quiet time of it.

Proctor did better than I expected; I thought the standouts for us today were Tokely and Piermayr. Davis was superb first half but drifted out of it. Thought Foran was disappointing, and Nick Ross never got in the game.

Not bad considering we are still missing some important players - I think Hogg, Hayes and Jones will still walk straight back into that team.

• Agree 3

Delighted with the 3 points, much needed and well earnt.

As usual the chances were well created but the difference being that the win was taken along with it. And in the face of adversity it is always a good measure of character. He may have had his critics but Andy Shinnie was the stand out player today, never stopped working and everytime he was on the ball he was always running at the defence, with St Mirren struggling to catch him. Our backline still looks fragile but has improved. Tokely was solid today, Proctor was fairly steady and Piermayr i thought had a shaky start but began to improve as the game went on.

The forward line is still an issue for me. Foran and Tade both missed a ridiculous amount of chances between them today, i know the points were taken but more goals could have gone a long way to reducing the lengthy goal difference we are carrying. The amount of clear cut opportunities we have created this season im sure would be an impressive stat but conversion rate of those chances would probably make me cry

Was sweatin when St Mirren scored but fortunately the linesman was well positioned and goal imo was rightfully chalked off.

Hoping we can kick on from this but glad we have started October on a high.

Edited by ajsict92

Forans miss was worse than all of Tade's put together, it was easier to score!. Gotta love Tade though, he gives absolutely everything and despite the misses today he popped up with the winner so that'll do nicely thanks.

If Butcher is reading this though, please just have him training one on one with the keepers for the rest of the season because if he starts taking just half the chances he gets he'll score 20 plus.

Andrew Shinnie, who I haven't taken to yet really, had his best game yet and fully deserved man of match award.

All in it's reinvigorated my belief that we can have a

successful season but id like to see Mackay or Sutherland playing alongside big Tade.

• Agree 2