FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Andrew Shinnie the new Charlie Christie

With all the negativity around at the moment I thought it was worth starting a thread to highlight one of the positives thats emerged this season. Over the past few weeks Andrew Shinnie has established himself as a first team starter with some impressive displays. In particular his technique, close control, composure and vision with the ball have stood out. I would say he's one of the best youngsters ICT has ever had. I can't think of many 22 year olds playing in the SPL who are better prospects than him. There's every chance he could develop into a full Scotland international (something Charlie could and should have achieved imo) does anyone else agree?

Didn't make the game as got called into work but the radio commentators were saying Meekins was lucky to stay on the pitch for his tackle that resulted in Steve Hammell being stretchered off . What was your take on it , was it worthy of a red or was the yellow suffice ?

Didn't make the game as got called into work but the radio commentators were saying Meekins was lucky to stay on the pitch for his tackle that resulted in Steve Hammell being stretchered off . What was your take on it , was it worthy of a red or was the yellow suffice ?

didnt even look a foul from the north stand

andy shinnie (david silva as he likes to be known :rotflmao: )in the last month has shone he was held back by injury at rangers which probably stopped him developing into a first teamer there but hes got his chance here and looks to be taking it

meekings realy looks to have it all pace, strength, and he good on the ball and hes only 19 he's definatly got good days ahead of him from what ive seen if he can stay injury free

Depends on your take on what should be legit tackling. Plenty of ref's might have sen it as reckless and ordered him off, but that's an interpretation thing - he certainly went for the ball. TBH, the question wouldn't have arisen had the well player not knocked the ball too far in front of himself. As for the OP, Andrew Shinnie looked a real player yesterday and he might turn out to be one of the best signings Butcher has made.

IMO Andrew Shinnie has been our best player this season along with Ryan Essen

In time Shinnie will prove to be a better player than Christie, I felt when things got tough Christie tended to hide in games whereas I don't see that with Shinnie

Charlie had skill that there is no doubt, but I personally doubt he could have played premier league football otherwise he would have made a better go off it during his time with Celtic

It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low

dougal

• Agree 1

The pitch became quite slippy after some drizzle - i feel this couldve helped cause the incident .

Having had the benefit of seeing some close up photo shots and a larger version of the video...Meekings got the ball and his foot then rolled over the top of it. I know getting the ball does not automatically mean it's not a foul, but watch it back closely...Hammell saw it coming and instead of moving to save himself he actually plants both feet knowing the player is going to come through him.

I think the Ref probably called it right with a yellow...even though solid contact was made with the ball, the foot/leg were off the ground and that caused the follow through. Not nice seeing any player stretchered off the park and hope it's not overly serious, but can't help thinking he did himself no favours by choosing to ride the challenge to win the free kick.